Sponsored by: Road Spy

Buyers beware of an Ebay Wing for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 05:53 PM
JimM5
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Buyers beware of an Ebay Wing for sale

I have been looking for a new Carbon Fiber wing for my 991.1 Turbo S and came across a wing on Ebay that looked good. Spoke with the seller about fit and finish and method for developing the wing. It is dry carbon,they said it is in stock and can be shipped. Well none of that was true. I ordered from them they claimed it was a good mold direct fit for the 991.1 Turbo. When my installer got a hold of it he said it wasn't close to fitting the car.

I just don't want anybody else buying it and getting ripped off. On top of that it is a copy of another manufacturers part. https://www.ebay.com/itm/334846556796

They won't support the product, they won't return emails. Ebay won't let me return it even though they advertise their guaranteed fit. I can't even get ahold of anybody at Ebay to act as an intermediary in the fraud.

Buyers beware!!!
Old 08-19-2024, 06:38 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,343 Likes on 755 Posts

They make it look good in the pics. How was the quality of the piece itself? Was the problem the fit to the 2 lifters and bolt location. Thats a shame but not surprising with China. I hope you get some resolution.
Old 08-19-2024, 07:15 PM
JimM5
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

I mean the quality was very good, the fitment was not. My installer worked with it for hours and couldn't get it to work. It would look amazing. They also advertise "Perfect Fitment"....not. They said the mold was messed up and they probably copied a copy of a mold and missed the fine details. The risers just didn't fit into the mold.
Old 08-20-2024, 12:43 AM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been looking into that style as well and saved that eBay listing. Will definitely be deleting that listing now.
It’s a shame because there doesn’t seem to be a lot of clean-looking wing options for these cars.
OEM aerokit still seems like the best option.
Old 08-20-2024, 08:40 AM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

Received 417 Likes on 267 Posts

Thanks for the information. I'll ask World Automotive as they had some type of wing that fit.
I had mine CF wrapped and it's amazing. If you have a competent wrapping business there, you can also change the look for around 400.
Old 08-20-2024, 01:46 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,343 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyzWorld
Thanks for the information. I'll ask World Automotive as they had some type of wing that fit.
I had mine CF wrapped and it's amazing. If you have a competent wrapping business there, you can also change the look for around 400.
Hey CW would you mind taking a pic of the wrapped wing and sending it to me. I have been shopping for a CF wing and I am resisting paying $2-$3K. Much appreciated. If you know the wrap brand would be helpful.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

Received 417 Likes on 267 Posts

Penn4S - here's a photo - i dont know what kind of wrap they used - my apologies.
Please note that they also wrapped the center air intake. That's a good touch.
The place is called Aerowerks - City of Industry, CA.

Quick Reply: Buyers beware of an Ebay Wing for sale