Sponsored by: Road Spy

6 Year Service Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 09:42 PM
aft86
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipE350
Replace spark plugs: 911 Turbo/Turbo S every 30,000 miles / 45,000 km or 4 years

Additional Maintenance every 60,000 miles / 90,000 km or 6 years
❏ Replace PDCC reservoir <- My service rep has never had to do this. Seems more sensible to just change fluid, I told him we'd talk more when I reach 60k miles. When they certified my car it was at 6 years and they didn't do it.
❏ Replace drive belt
❏ Change all-wheel drive controller oil (4-wheel drive models only) <- They also only checked this fluid at certification time.

Additional Maintenance every 2 years
❏ Change brake fluid (use only Original Porsche Brake Fluid) <-I thought it was and/or 20k miles but the PDF I'm attaching doesn't say that, it says 4 years.
What market is this for?
Old 06-10-2020, 10:00 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by aft86
What market is this for?
It’s for the turbo and turbo S market
Old 06-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Beezupra
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
The only reason it didn't go to the Indy was that the car is still under warranty, so I have to play by the Porsche service book.
Question about this general topic - isn't Porsche legally obligated to honor your warranty whether the service is done by them, yourself, or an independent? I always understood that as long as you had good record keeping, that this was not a concern. 2f is in Canada; they don't have worse consumer protections on this than US, do they?
Old 06-10-2020, 10:33 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 446 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Beezupra
Question about this general topic - isn't Porsche legally obligated to honor your warranty whether the service is done by them, yourself, or an independent? I always understood that as long as you had good record keeping, that this was not a concern. 2f is in Canada; they don't have worse consumer protections on this than US, do they?
I think yes. I have had various work done on my cars by non-Porsche dealers. When going back for warranty work they never questioned anything.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:28 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by aft86
What market is this for?
US market, it is completely different in some Asian countries. The PDF I attached is accurate for US market. mikerosi is correct, just said it differently .

NavM - That is an amazing price for that service. Where are you located?
Old 09-19-2021, 02:23 PM
Rnrprof
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great price.

Originally Posted by NavM
The plugs are replaced every 4 years/ 40K miles. I had the 6 year service done in late March. The big items are PDCC reservoir, drive belts, and AWD fluid. It also includes oil change, air filter, brake fluid flush and the so called inspection. I paid just under $1750. The originally quoted me over $2K. I wouldn't say it's a great price but I was fine with it. It was early during the pandemic so the dealer was looking to do business and was willing to negotiate. The best quote from an Indy shop I got was only $50 cheaper so it was a no brainer to go to the dealer and get a loaner which was a brand new Panamera.
my dealer wants over 2,750. What is your dealer name
Old 09-19-2021, 02:41 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,189 Likes on 3,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Beezupra
Warranty is honored irrespective of where you get your oil changed; as long as it is documented, warranty is valid anywhere in the world, not just NA.

I have a good relationship with Vancouver Porsche and they are well aware of my opinions regarding a $660 oil change charge.

(Just realized I didn't see this a year + ago, apologies.)

Last edited by 2fcknfst; 09-19-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 6 Year Service Question