Sponsored by: Road Spy

Hey COBB!!! Please answer a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 06:26 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hey COBB!!! Please answer a few questions

When will you be releasing 991.2TT ability for scaling boost and TCU tuning? Dying over here.

Thanks!
TXGold
Old 11-22-2019, 07:02 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 214 Likes on 100 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for contacting COBB!

Please have your Pro-tuner contact us and our engineering team would be happy to assess the viability of those options.

PDK tuning is currently one of our top priorities for the Porsche team. No exact ETA yet though.

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

The following users liked this post:
4flynlow (12-04-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 08:03 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hello,

Please have your Pro-tuner contact us and our engineering team would be happy to assess the viability of those options.

PDK tuning is currently one of our top priorities for the Porsche team. No exact ETA yet though.
he’s already figured it out, also can tune tcu’s and trying to get you guys to implement it into firmware. Kyle LeBlanc trying to help. @kyletunedit
4flynlow (11-22-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:02 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Cobb: in the future, is it possible you will be releasing a 991.2 TTS tune via the OBD-II port and not having to remove the ECU?

if so, what is the expected time horizon?
Old 11-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hello,

Hey Cobb. Please make a high torque/aggressive sequential map for the 991.1 Turbo S. Thank you!
Old 11-25-2019, 04:25 PM
jrbkarter
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Whoops!
Old 11-25-2019, 04:27 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TXGold
he’s already figured it out, also can tune tcu’s and trying to get you guys to implement it into firmware. Kyle LeBlanc trying to help. @kyletunedit
Looks like we had a few emails back and forth with Kyle regarding his table requests. We did ask for some additional things from him and looks like those weren't followed up on but in the meantime his highest priority table request was added to our project backlog regardless. There's no firm ETA we can provide at this time as he has been the only Protuner to make that specific thus far but we'll certainly try and get them added and tested ASAP. We are working on PDK tuning for the 991.2 vehicles as we speak but it sounds like he's already tuning them via some other method? Not sure where we come into play in that scenario if he already has a solution but we certainly plan to have an integrated Accessport solution shortly.

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
Cobb: in the future, is it possible you will be releasing a 991.2 TTS tune via the OBD-II port and not having to remove the ECU?

if so, what is the expected time horizon?
Let's just say it's at the top of my Christmas list but unfortunately, I'm not expecting Santa to deliver. It's absolutely something we want to make happen sooner rather than later however, when it comes to security breakthroughs, there's just no estimating when they're going to happen. We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as it happens though because I can assure you, our repair guys would love to never see another Porsche ECU for the rest of their lives at this point ;-)

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Hey Cobb. Please make a high torque/aggressive sequential map for the 991.1 Turbo S. Thank you!
This is an interesting one. I *believe* this is something we may already have but we'll probably need some additional info to confirm. Please email support@cobbtuning.com with your request along with your PDK ROM ID or if you don't have that info, the Protuner you're working with.

Thanks!

~~~~Jared
Old 11-25-2019, 04:53 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,189 Likes on 3,168 Posts

If these guys can do it, and you don't have a target date, may I suggest you try and license their software... lots of people will be happy you did.

https://www.************.com/showthr...g-Almost-Here!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:25 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
If these guys can do it, and you don't have a target date, may I suggest you try and license their software... lots of people will be happy you did.

https://www.************.com/showthr...g-Almost-Here!

APR is an excellent company and they make great products. We're definitely aware of their advanced marketing of their impending release for 991.2 support and OBDII front door flashing. Again, it's a major goal of ours to bring it to our 991.2/718 products as quickly as possible considering we've always prided ourselves on having front door OBDII flashing for all of our supported vehicles for our entire 20 year history. Removing/shipping the ECUs has been a major departure from our standard business practices and one we're still confident will be a temporary solution. Just how temporary...well...that remains to be seen unfortunately.

~~~~Jared
Old 11-25-2019, 07:28 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Wouldn't it be neat if you could figure out the encryption woes without having the source code... Ahhhh, dare to dream...

Jared, I hope you realize this is friendly prodding; I use the Cobb tuners on two other vehicles as well and am immensely happy with them.

Now that the friendly prodding is over, crack the whip on your software guys...
4flynlow (12-04-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 08:09 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Mr. 2F....does this mean you're gonna go to the dark side when the crack is complete ?
Old 11-25-2019, 08:13 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It will be dependent upon when the crack is in play, in relation to the warranty.

I am a fan of Cobb products, I just don't want to go through the hassle of introducing failure points to an ECU I have to pull, ship, let others touch, have it shipped back, then reinstall. Too many chances for something to go wrong.

I'm a patient guy - I can wait. I know they (Cobb) really want this done, so throw a little faith in there for good measure...
Old 11-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Ya I agree ...not a fan to rip the brain out and send off..although I did with my ML63...sent to Renntech and had no issues...oh the woes of to tune or not to tune,,,that is the question
Old 11-25-2019, 08:17 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

How much did you gain in the ML63? I am considering it for my E350 wagon (30horse, waaaaayyyy better mileage) - I suspect there had to be a good 60 - 80 thunder ponies for the ML...
Old 11-25-2019, 08:35 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by Nanook
Ya I agree ...not a fan to rip the brain out and send off..although I did with my ML63...sent to Renntech and had no issues...oh the woes of to tune or not to tune,,,that is the question
I feel your pain ! I'm not taking out a DME either. On pump gas and no supporting mods, I'm leaning toward leaving my 19 TTS alone (I've never done that in 43yrs) since it is running 10.4 @132 before I added exhaust and dropped 100lbs. It's hitting 19psi consistently so I am a believer that it "might" have the EX tune. So for a 0.3/3mph gain.....with a tune only....tough to justify....but it would be nice...lol....but then a read a few posts about an occasional gremlin on a modded ride....nice to turn the key and let it rip OEM STYLE....
Bruce H. (12-03-2019)

Quick Reply: Hey COBB!!! Please answer a few questions