Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

I Need New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 06:37 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

For usual street use like the OP says he does, I highly doubt that mixing N0 and N1 Michelin PS 4S tires will be an issue. Yes, these are the best tires for this vehicle that are currently on the market.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lowpue
where are you located? I have two Pzeros that are the right size with only 1700 miles on them. it's off my Lambo but Lambo dealer would not repair the nail and forced me to buy new rears. I had them properly patched and was planning on having them mounted on Lambo, when the rears wear but the rears are not wearing as fast as i thought. if you are local I can sell you tires cheap. I am near Seattle.

You agreed to pay $800+ for 2 new tires at the dealership rather than take it to a tire place to patch it?
Old 07-13-2019, 10:14 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by rlhyde
Thanks for the input. If I get the Michelins, are the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S the way to go?

Yes. I replaced my Pirellis with the Michelins Pilot Sport 4S's and they are as advertised. Quiet, with great grip and high performance. Porsche should be ashamed of sending their new
911's to the U.S. with Pirellis. A far inferior tire in my opinion.

Jay
The following users liked this post:
0luke1 (07-17-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:16 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

My car came with 4S's N1 from the factory.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:28 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Mixing Tire Brands has always been a BIG NO NO from Porsche and for good reason. Don't even consider it.
And if you ever want to sell the car, mixed brand or model of Tire would tell me the owner was totally oblivious
to even the most basic maintenance or performance requirements of his car and I would run, not walk away.
Having owned 911's since they arrived here in 1966, and Turbos since 1979 my experience with tires has
been that the Michelin Tires have given longer life with fewer flats than the Pirelli's (their steel belts?).
My recommendation based on the many recent Tire testsI've viewed in both dry and wet conditions would also
be the Michelin MPS4S's with the latest Porsche "N" designation. They are also less noisy and yield a more
comfortable and supple Ride than the Pirelli's P Zero's my 2015 TTS was delivered with.
The following users liked this post:
PhillyNate (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 02:00 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I ran the PS4S after the factory tires wore out and was much happier with them than the Pzeros it came with. I didn’t think the Pzeros were bad - just that the Michelin tires were better. They’re a genuinely excellent three season sports car tire.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:57 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
You agreed to pay $800+ for 2 new tires at the dealership rather than take it to a tire place to patch it?
Yes, I paid a lot more than that...the car was pretty much new at that point so I didn't want anyone else to touch the car at that point. So I took to the dealer and they said they don't patch tires. So in the heat of the moment I went along. Of course I realized my stupidity and I had the old set patched and have been holding since for when my current ones wear out (which is not happening due to low mileage). I have had a nail in the set on the car as well but this time had it patched by Right Away Tire which is a service that comes to your house....they have state of the art equipment in their truck. Its a new business that is taking off in the NW.
https://www.rightawaytire.com/

We all reserve the right to learn

Quick Reply: I Need New Tires