Sponsored by: Road Spy

Pics of my TTS and Huracan

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Anything to add? You have the performante. How would that compare it your TTS before it was modified?
+1
definitely want to here about performante....unfortunately was not available in 2015...i just love the innovations with the aerodynamics
Old 07-05-2019, 07:29 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

The Performante is a thrilling car to drive. Its super loud and i think one of the best sound tracks of any current modern sports cars, being NA and all. Even in strada (street) mode which is the most docile, its loud. Switch it into sport and it goes about about 50% louder and then Corsa - even a bit more (manula only and 6 gears). Its handling is sublime. Obviously far more of a track weapon than the TT and it "feels light". Its the best handling car i'v ever driven. Honestly, i am not a good enough driver to have even come close to testing its limits. I have had it on a track once and even then I was at max 8/10's. The CC brakes are ridiculously good. No noises at all, just simply terrific. You have unbelievable confidence approaching any corner extremely fast as you can scrub off the speed instantaneously. The car is super low and you have to be careful when driving around town. In comparison the TT feels like a SUV (ride height wise). The Performante lift is required to get into my driveway and its not even that steep. The knocks / downsides - its really a hard core car. The attention is too much and i really drive it very early and on canyons etc. if you are tall, it will be very tight and the visibility is not great - although its way over-criticized. Its really only on left hand turns that i feel my vision or visibility is compromised. Apart from that its really fine. Speed wise - with 640HP (or 631HP) - its very quick. Its fast off the line and its extremely responsive (instantaneous). The dual clutch transmission is impeccable and i pretty much drive it in manual and use the "flappy paddles" to shift when i want to shift. Overall, i'm happy i did this although i am not sure it will be here for long. Overall - Its a bit too much for me and its use for me is a little limited. Its almost like a high maintenance, kinda bat **** crazy super-model.

The TT is almost the opposite for me. i hardly get any attention in LA. I drive it almost daily - except i dont leave it over night at the airport (as an example). But go to the grocery store, work etc. Its comfortable, great sound (Burmester), sporty, more of a GT than an out and out sports car. I love this car. And especially in the weather we are having, i drop the top and enjoy. I know Cabs arent for everyone, but the 991 Cab is well made (vs the 997 which was super-noisy and bumpy). With my mods (Kline headers and exhaust), it sounds good and loud when in sport mode and when i'm on it. But in normal mode and when taking it easy, its not loud. The tune brings the PDK to life and normal mode before was pretty much unusable. Now i use normal or manual shifting in sport mode (for better sound). In a straight line, i think the Performante and TT (modified) are roughly the same. I think the performante may be a smidge faster after 0-60 and is almost easier to drive fast and is more planted. The TT can feel violent when the boost kicks in. People say there is a "lag" - it feels like that as it goes from fast to bat-**** fast when the TT's are spooled up. But it doesnt feel laggy and that doesnt affect my enjoyment. The TT is a car that fills a lot of needs. i know its not as "thrilling" as a GT3 but it sure is fun, fast and well made and handles well. It feels rock solid and well engineered. You could drive 200 miles at 80+ MPH and it will be super-comfortable or you can carve a canyon at 90-95% of the enjoyment of a GT3. Plus you can mod it and think about what's next. i think wheels may be next for me - like the BBS FiR's are the ones that seems to be shouting out my name the most.

I probably will replace the Perf with something more usable for me. Candidates are a GT3 Touring or 458 or an RS (with wing delete). Something with a great sound track and a little more raw than the TT for that special weekend experience. My biz partner is likely to take the Perf and then we'll see at that time. But i am sure i will keep the TT for a while or get another. Getting a used one - after the depreciation was a good deal. Then spend a little on mods.
The following users liked this post:
Agentorange (01-01-2020)
Old 07-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky

The Performante is a thrilling car to drive. Its super loud and i think one of the best sound tracks of any current modern sports cars, being NA and all. Even in strada (street) mode which is the most docile, its loud. Switch it into sport and it goes about about 50% louder and then Corsa - even a bit more (manula only and 6 gears). Its handling is sublime. Obviously far more of a track weapon than the TT and it "feels light". Its the best handling car i'v ever driven. Honestly, i am not a good enough driver to have even come close to testing its limits. I have had it on a track once and even then I was at max 8/10's. The CC brakes are ridiculously good. No noises at all, just simply terrific. You have unbelievable confidence approaching any corner extremely fast as you can scrub off the speed instantaneously. The car is super low and you have to be careful when driving around town. In comparison the TT feels like a SUV (ride height wise). The Performante lift is required to get into my driveway and its not even that steep. The knocks / downsides - its really a hard core car. The attention is too much and i really drive it very early and on canyons etc. if you are tall, it will be very tight and the visibility is not great - although its way over-criticized. Its really only on left hand turns that i feel my vision or visibility is compromised. Apart from that its really fine. Speed wise - with 640HP (or 631HP) - its very quick. Its fast off the line and its extremely responsive (instantaneous). The dual clutch transmission is impeccable and i pretty much drive it in manual and use the "flappy paddles" to shift when i want to shift. Overall, i'm happy i did this although i am not sure it will be here for long. Overall - Its a bit too much for me and its use for me is a little limited. Its almost like a high maintenance, kinda bat **** crazy super-model.

The TT is almost the opposite for me. i hardly get any attention in LA. I drive it almost daily - except i dont leave it over night at the airport (as an example). But go to the grocery store, work etc. Its comfortable, great sound (Burmester), sporty, more of a GT than an out and out sports car. I love this car. And especially in the weather we are having, i drop the top and enjoy. I know Cabs arent for everyone, but the 991 Cab is well made (vs the 997 which was super-noisy and bumpy). With my mods (Kline headers and exhaust), it sounds good and loud when in sport mode and when i'm on it. But in normal mode and when taking it easy, its not loud. The tune brings the PDK to life and normal mode before was pretty much unusable. Now i use normal or manual shifting in sport mode (for better sound). In a straight line, i think the Performante and TT (modified) are roughly the same. I think the performante may be a smidge faster after 0-60 and is almost easier to drive fast and is more planted. The TT can feel violent when the boost kicks in. People say there is a "lag" - it feels like that as it goes from fast to bat-**** fast when the TT's are spooled up. But it doesnt feel laggy and that doesnt affect my enjoyment. The TT is a car that fills a lot of needs. i know its not as "thrilling" as a GT3 but it sure is fun, fast and well made and handles well. It feels rock solid and well engineered. You could drive 200 miles at 80+ MPH and it will be super-comfortable or you can carve a canyon at 90-95% of the enjoyment of a GT3. Plus you can mod it and think about what's next. i think wheels may be next for me - like the BBS FiR's are the ones that seems to be shouting out my name the most.

I probably will replace the Perf with something more usable for me. Candidates are a GT3 Touring or 458 or an RS (with wing delete). Something with a great sound track and a little more raw than the TT for that special weekend experience. My biz partner is likely to take the Perf and then we'll see at that time. But i am sure i will keep the TT for a while or get another. Getting a used one - after the depreciation was a good deal. Then spend a little on mods.
appreciate your write up, sounds like the two cars compliment each other well, how has the maintenance/repairs been on the Perf?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:07 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
appreciate your write up, sounds like the two cars compliment each other well, how has the maintenance/repairs been on the Perf?
No repairs on the Performante. Just a regular service. Its been rock solid for 19 months.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,341 Posts

OP....You have the same two cars in the same colors as Fadi (Except his Lambo is twin turbo'd and getting a built motor (1200-1300 WHP) and his 991.1TTS is built by AIM and makes 805 WHP)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOa...BabOGP2f3fn9MQ

Old 07-05-2019, 09:51 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky

nice write up....other than mine not being a performante, pretty much echo's my feelings, though i already have had it something like 4 years
Old 07-05-2019, 09:51 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 446 Likes on 291 Posts

Yes. Great write up and thanks for taking the time.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:16 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
OP....You have the same two cars in the same colors as Fadi (Except his Lambo is twin turbo'd and getting a built motor (1200-1300 WHP) and his 991.1TTS is built by AIM and makes 805 WHP)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOa...BabOGP2f3fn9MQ
I was just thinking the same thing LOL

-Payam
Big Swole (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:41 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

The green looks so good on the Lambo. Of course, white is classic on the TTS. You are very fortunate!
Big Swole (07-08-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:55 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 172 Posts

I was able to achieve my childhood dream of owning a 911TT but your photo's give me something to continue to strive towards.
My son saw a picture of a GT3RS in lizard green and he was disappointed when the white TT got delivered. Of course, i showed him your lambo and it took the cake. Mind you, he gets dropped off in my M-F car; a 2012 Plug in Prius. My hope is that at a minimum, he sees the picture of your Lambo as something for him to strive for~
Old 07-12-2019, 06:06 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

your son has great taste.....hard to beat green RS....however, speed yellow is my favorite Porsche color followed by white. both my 996 and 993 are SY.

also, we should always have dreams....though a TT is pretty hard to beat....tell your son that👍
Old 07-12-2019, 08:23 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 446 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by KONG991TT
I was able to achieve my childhood dream of owning a 911TT but your photo's give me something to continue to strive towards.
My son saw a picture of a GT3RS in lizard green and he was disappointed when the white TT got delivered. Of course, i showed him your lambo and it took the cake. Mind you, he gets dropped off in my M-F car; a 2012 Plug in Prius. My hope is that at a minimum, he sees the picture of your Lambo as something for him to strive for~
Have your car wrapped.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Have your car wrapped.
working on it! Just with the clear stuff~

Old 07-12-2019, 11:04 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

gorgeous!

btw....i hate my centerlocks...look good but PIA to change because of antiseize grease. Would much rather have your wheel setup.

Quick Reply: Pics of my TTS and Huracan