Sponsored by: Road Spy

Vehicle Shippers

Old 06-19-2019, 04:09 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Vehicle Shippers

Greetings,

Please forgive me if posting this message here is a bit off-topic but this and the 997 Turbo forum is where I have interacted and know a number of the forum participants. I would be happy to help anyone here in a similar position.

I am looking to have a vehicle shipped in the SouthEast. Has anyone dealt with Executive Auto Shippers LLC, Plycar or Executive Auto Transport LLC? Any other recommendations? I am looking to go enclosed with tracking.

Thanks,

G.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:14 PM
tommyboy214
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by geoorlando
Greetings,

Please forgive me if posting this message here is a bit off-topic but this and the 997 Turbo forum is where I have interacted and know a number of the forum participants. I would be happy to help anyone here in a similar position.

I am looking to have a vehicle shipped in the SouthEast. Has anyone dealt with Executive Auto Shippers LLC, Plycar or Executive Auto Transport LLC? Any other recommendations? I am looking to go enclosed with tracking.

Thanks,

G.
I’ve used the Finest Carrier out of LA to transport my TT when new to Dallas. They were flawless, new trucks, high dollar cars and tracking. I’ve also used Intercity several times and most recently shipped two of my cars from Dallas to Boston. Check 6speedonline for hundreds of recommendations on them. They have their own trucks and drivers. Each and every time the experience is flawless with them.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:35 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I’ve used the Finest Carrier out of LA to transport my TT when new to Dallas. They were flawless, new trucks, high dollar cars and tracking. I’ve also used Intercity several times and most recently shipped two of my cars from Dallas to Boston. Check 6speedonline for hundreds of recommendations on them. They have their own trucks and drivers. Each and every time the experience is flawless with them.
It depends on what the car is.
My mint 993 from Omaha to seattle was with Plycar in enclosed trailer - Car arrived perfect...they have their own trucks and drivers which was a requirement for me. Were highly recommended to me by others who have used them.
My son's 986 boxster which we didn't care too much about after our 1 way roadtrip from seattle to Austin, we used Roadrunner which contracts out the jobs to drivers since they gave us a lowest rate on an open trailer. The car arrived dirty but in good shape.
If I were to ship a car I care about again, I would use Plycar enclosed.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:32 PM
pullover
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enclosed car haulers

Originally Posted by geoorlando
Greetings,

Thanks,

G.
I have used Intercity several times. They have their own fleet of enclosed hi-end haulers. Horseless Carriage is another. They used to be the exclusive hauler for Ferrari No. America new car deliveries, not sure anymore. My best personal experience is with Intercity hauling F&P cars. They do respond to large high events such as Pebble Beach in force so on occasion they MAY be unavailable with your time table. Good luck, stuff can happen with any of them. Best you can do is increase your odds to a positive experience.
Best of Luck,
Old 06-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts

I would use 64 Motor Cars, LLC - Shawn Sowden.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I recently used Reliable Carriers out of the Detroit area to ship my 911 Turbo from San Diego to Detroit. They did a very nice job. I’ve also used Horseless Carriage to ship a 911 Carrera S from NJ to CA. They too did a nice job.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I am shipping a ferrari this week from San Antonio to Scottsdale with Plycar, I'll let you know how it goes
Old 07-04-2019, 09:48 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

I've used Plycar 3 times and before that, Angels twice. All 3 experiences with Plycar were flawless.

I had one good experience with Angels, one not-so-good... '71 911 was loaded on the west coast, went on just fine. Somewhere in shipping to Texas the car was unloaded and reloaded (common), but when the car arrived the battery was disconnected because "the fuel pump wouldn't shut off". Well it turns out the ignition lock was broken and stuck in the always on position, hence the pump was running non-stop. Angels was little help (all the drivers are contracted). Driver denied breaking it, Angels did nothing to support the $150 or so repair for the ignition switch. After a handful of emails back and forth it was clear that they had no intent of making it right. After that i switched to Plycar and have had no issues at all.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 AM
mickmc
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried Mercum Transport as in Mecum Auctions? I called once and they were 2 + months out but it was around auction time.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 729 Posts

Anyone familiar with Ship Lux out of Miami. Enclosed Philly to Naples Fl before Oct $1100 after Oct $1400 (snow bird season).
Does anyone know them.
I'm reaching out to Plycar next.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
I am shipping a ferrari this week from San Antonio to Scottsdale with Plycar, I'll let you know how it goes
Very interested in your opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vehicle Shippers