Sponsored by: Road Spy

Issue with maintenance plan.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 04:25 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issue with maintenance plan.

So i took my 991.2 Turbo S into the dealer that i bought the car from to fix the keyless entry. They told me that i missed my 20K service which was included in the maintenance plan when i purchased the car. My car has 14K so why would i take it in for the 20K service? Apparently it's also by date which was December and obviously past due and they said they now can't do the service at no charge. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 05-30-2019, 04:54 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Personally, I've never bought a pre-paid maintenance plan but this sounds like bs to me.

First, I would go back and read the contract. Second, even if the contract has some language that limits your ability to get the service, I would still throw a fit. Maybe go to another dealer near you. Big deal a few months late. Next these clowns will be trying to void you warranty. Total nonsense.

One more reason why I do my own maintenance. The less I interact with dealers, the better my ownership experience. ( and my dealer has never been an issue but some day....)

Good luck
Old 05-30-2019, 05:00 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I just read one agreement online and it said services must be done within +-2 months or +- 3000kms. As I said, I would still throw a fit, particularly since you bought the car at the dealer. Contact your salesperson/manager.

(Edit: Turns out the agreement I read was a Canadian agreement. Hopefully the US one is a bit more flexible.)
Old 05-30-2019, 05:26 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Did the car notify you service is due? I would try a different dealership. Sounds like BS.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:42 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 510 Posts

"Go Greek on them" for the dramatic effect and take issue up to higher chain of command at the dealer and Porsche if necessary for your 200K purchase....
Old 05-30-2019, 10:12 PM
0luke1
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 152 Posts

My response when faced with an illogical response is to get the manager and ask simply and without anger, “is this worth the loss of my business?”

If the answer is yes, take a massive fact-based and emotionless dump on them on Yelp and other review sites. You’ll get a call.
The following users liked this post:
Agentorange (08-05-2020)
Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

I'm sorry this happened OP. And I'm sure it's frustrating. Porsche maintenance is annual or mileage interval, whichever comes first. This isn't just a Porsche thing either.

The vehicle will alert you during startup and it is likely still showing that message unless it was reset by someone.

I would explain the confusion and ask if they can make an exception. If not, then escalate and follow the advice above about partnering with the service manager.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:12 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Nationally, the Audicare maintenance program is non refundable EXCEPT in California, where you can get a prorated refund depending on how many services of the total included that were actually performed. Maybe in CA there are laws to help you to get the Porsche service plan refunded.

Read the fine print in your PSMP brochure.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:19 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

The verbiage for the PSMP seems similar for Audi and Porsche. I believe you should be able to get a refund in CA.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...intenanceplan/
Old 05-30-2019, 11:26 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

From the insurance.ca.gov site:

Can I Cancel a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) ?

All VSCs are cancelable under California Civil Code Section 1794.41. The obligor must give you a full refund of the VSC purchase price if you meet all of the following requirements:
  1. You cancel the VSC within 60 days after receiving the contract, or 30 days if your car is used and came without a manufacturer warranty.
  2. You send your cancellation notice as specified in the VSC.
  3. You have not filed a claim with the dealer or VSCP.(If you have filed a claim, you may still cancel, but you will only receive a partial refund. The obligor may keep some of the purchase price based on the elapsed time or mileage, as specified in the VSC.)
You are entitled to a partial refund if you cancel after either 60 or 30 days (whichever is applicable) regardless of whether you have filed a claim. The obligor may keep some of the premium based on the elapsed time or mileage, as specified in the VSC. The obligor may also keep a fee of up to $25.00 or 10% of the premium, whichever is less.

If a VSCP or dealer is not honoring the cancellation and refund sections of the contract, then contact the insurance company listed on the VSC. If the insurance company does not resolve the problem, then contact the CDI.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:37 AM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I am fully amazed the dealership never called, sent an email, or a text, about the maintenance due. I bought mine used and it has been serviced at two different dealerships. I get emails and text messages from both about what maintenance is coming up and to schedule an appointment.

-TJ
Old 06-10-2019, 03:10 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So, my faith has been restored. I oddly enough received a letter form the service manager last week about coming in to get my 20K service. I thought it was some type of joke after being denied. I explained the situation i was in and how irritated i was and she said she would talk to the field rep. Next day she called and said they would "make an exception" and to bring the car in.
The following 3 users liked this post by dc7391:
Agentorange (08-05-2020), Frank996 (08-10-2020), TurboS_GG (08-13-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by dc7391
So, my faith has been restored. I oddly enough received a letter form the service manager last week about coming in to get my 20K service. I thought it was some type of joke after being denied. I explained the situation i was in and how irritated i was and she said she would talk to the field rep. Next day she called and said they would "make an exception" and to bring the car in.
Common Sense Prevailed ! We are losing this every day.
The following users liked this post:
TurboS_GG (08-13-2019)
Old 08-05-2020, 10:02 AM
pikachumain
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
From the insurance.ca.gov site:

Can I Cancel a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) ?

All VSCs are cancelable under California Civil Code Section 1794.41. The obligor must give you a full refund of the VSC purchase price if you meet all of the following requirements:
  1. You cancel the VSC within 60 days after receiving the contract, or 30 days if your car is used and came without a manufacturer warranty.
  2. You send your cancellation notice as specified in the VSC.
  3. You have not filed a claim with the dealer or VSCP.(If you have filed a claim, you may still cancel, but you will only receive a partial refund. The obligor may keep some of the purchase price based on the elapsed time or mileage, as specified in the VSC.)
You are entitled to a partial refund if you cancel after either 60 or 30 days (whichever is applicable) regardless of whether you have filed a claim. The obligor may keep some of the premium based on the elapsed time or mileage, as specified in the VSC. The obligor may also keep a fee of up to $25.00 or 10% of the premium, whichever is less.

If a VSCP or dealer is not honoring the cancellation and refund sections of the contract, then contact the insurance company listed on the VSC. If the insurance company does not resolve the problem, then contact the CDI.
Do you know whether the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan is considered a VSC?
Old 08-05-2020, 01:17 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by dc7391

someone at the dealer bumped into this thread lol

Quick Reply: Issue with maintenance plan.