Sponsored by: Road Spy

Summer(tire)time

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:38 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Summer(tire)time

It's almost summer so I paid my dealer to swap my wheels/tires yesterday (I should get the gear to do the centerlocks myself someday) and I snapped a photo this morning when I picked up. Seeing the TTS next to that GT3 makes me want to lower it a bit.

Anyway, I've been dying to see it wearing the CF wheels - is it just me or are the wheel offsets just a little bit off?

Old 05-16-2019, 01:42 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I lowered mine on Techart springs, no issues what so ever, it makes a noticeable difference, one of the best mods I did
Old 05-16-2019, 03:45 AM
radar979
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Living in maine the roads are pretty rough not to mention winter driving….so no lowering for me…CF wheels are stunning!!!Q
Old 05-16-2019, 09:33 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Beautiful wheels. When you have time post some more pics please.

I would be afraid to lower mine as I need the ground clearance for driveways and speed bumps which are prevalent in my neighborhood. Even if I had a front lift it would suck as there are six humps getting out of my neighborhood to the main street.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 05-20-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:32 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Beautiful wheels. When you have time post some more pics please.
roger that - pics incoming!

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
I would be afraid to lower mine as I need the ground clearance for driveways and speed bumps which are prevalent in my neighborhood. Even if I had a front list it would suck as there are six humps getting out of my neighborhood to the main street.
My previous 911 was a 2017 C4S with SPASM and it would scrape all over the place - the TTS is a lot more forgiving but the tradeoff is it that rides a little high. I guess you can't have it both ways.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:37 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

delivery day back in Feb 2019

cleaned the winter wheels today before storing them

winter wheels now ready for storage

lots of espresso leather

espresso leather

kills bugs fast

another view

carbon fibrous

carbon fibrous

love this car

sporting a full jrod
Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Those CF wheels are cool...car sits up way too high....looks higher than most.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:36 AM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Very nice build although looks "different" without a sunroof..
Old 05-20-2019, 12:00 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Those CF wheels are cool...car sits up way too high....looks higher than most.
That's what I was thinking! The first delivery photo still has shipping pucks in place (so it doesn't count), and the other ones have a lot of shadow hiding the top of the tires but it still looks high. It also appears to be aligned with a lot of negative camber - is that normal?

shadows

Originally Posted by Nanook
Very nice build although looks "different" without a sunroof..
Yeah it does - but I specced sunroof delete on purpose. I live in Seattle where we don't even remember what the sun looks like!
Old 05-20-2019, 12:04 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
That's what I was thinking! The first delivery photo still has shipping pucks in place (so it doesn't count), and the other ones have a lot of shadow hiding the top of the tires but it still looks high. It also appears to be aligned with a lot of negative camber - is that normal?

shadows

Yeah it does - but I specced sunroof delete on purpose. I live in Seattle where we don't even remember what the sun looks like!
Loving my Sunroof delete too ! Clean look and no rattle potential.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:56 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by digits

shadows

More reason to have a sunroof! When the sun does peek out you let it all in! You know how it is in Seattle, people drop the top on the convertible in 50 degree weather as long as it is dry outside.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:34 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Really nice spec, congrats and love the sunroof delete (every 911 I've owned to date has been no sunroof). Digging the agate color and the CF wheels more than I thought I would, when I was hunting for a CPO TTS a couple months ago I was set on white! You get your car through Porsche Bellevue?
Old 05-26-2019, 04:12 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Really nice spec, congrats and love the sunroof delete (every 911 I've owned to date has been no sunroof). Digging the agate color and the CF wheels more than I thought I would, when I was hunting for a CPO TTS a couple months ago I was set on white! You get your car through Porsche Bellevue?
Yes - I ordered it through Porsche Bellevue sometime back in Sep 2018. Well, at least I think that's when the order was accepted - it took more than a month to just get an allocation confirmed. That gave me plenty of time to play around on the configurator; in fact I only made one change before the build locked-in (splurged on the leather air vent surrounds and slats after much waffling). It's so hard to be sure you're getting just what you want, but I'm really happy with how it turned out - and the car is absolutely flawless (perhaps that's one of the advantages of ordering near the end of the model cycle after they've worked through all the kinks, so I'll wait for a bit before I consider ordering a 992).
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AD2A94KS140464/
Old 05-30-2019, 01:55 AM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I agree 100%. One of the first things I did was install Techart springs. The stance is perfect and the ride quality is just fine. I don't have FAL and have had zero issues with clearance. The front clearance of these cars with the front spoiler retracted is actually quite generous. Since you have the FAL I would say add these springs and you will love the ride height and will never need to worry about front clearance. Beautiful car btw. How much does Porsche charge for the Carbon Fiber wheels? I haven't seen those before.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:27 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

I think it is $ 14K for the carbon fiber wheels....wonder how they are repaired for rash? Yikes...

Quick Reply: Summer(tire)time