Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

2019 Turbo S - Review and Quality Pics (Initial and Ongoing)

Old 04-30-2019, 05:43 PM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 2019 Turbo S - Review and Quality Pics (Initial and Ongoing)

Hi everyone,

I am very excited to begin my new car life as a Porsche owner. I have been a Porsche fan since birth as my Father was a mega car enthusiast, and he brought me up in that fashion. It didn't hurt that he was half German lol. For all of my adolescent life I wanted a Porsche Turbo S. I feel it is safe to say that I know a great deal about the history of the platform and lineage of the Manufaktur.

I can start my initial review by saying the 2019 991.2 Porsche Turbo S does not disappoint.

Picking up the car from Pfaff Porsche in Ontario Canada - was a treat. Thomas Tsang, my Sales Professional, was extremely educated in all things Porsche and most importantly took the time to ensure I had all of the information I could ever want - to effectively choose the Porsche of my dreams. He took me through the purchasing of the car, picking options, changed out my side lights without pay and then kept me appraised of the entire delivery process - until it arrived on site at the Autohaus. He even helped me arrange transport of the car to my Detailer, amazingly talented Daniel Dragas from Dragas Auto Gallery (who hired the photographer, Adam Malthaner, to take the amazing quality pictures you see here - the other low-res pictures are mine lol). Thomas is the best there is.

It didn't stop there with Pfaff however.

Dave Goodyear, one of the Senior Technicians of Pfaff, looked after my car until I picked it up and has been handling it every since - he is both skilled and friendly - making sure my car gets the best care possible. My car only goes to him.

Finally, there is Jerome Hylton, who runs the Parts Department - and helped me to understand how my car worked, helped me with some great swag and ensured that my customer experience was second to none.

Perhaps most importantly, Porsche and Pfaff - got it RIGHT lol. All of my options and even more importantly the fit and finish was amazing. Not squeaks or rattles - more on that in a moment.
Pfaff is the best for a reason; they are the best representative of Porsche in all of Canada.

I did send a letter to Porsche Germany - even translated it into German. I din't get a response. That was disappointing.

As I am breaking in the car, this is an Initial Review: (much more info and testing to come).

The overall quality of the Porsche brand is readily accessible; the materials - from the real aluminum interior door handles to the quality carbon fibre is exemplary. The GT silver is beautiful in my opinion; with a deep flake. And Porsche paint is very smooth - the quality (which I know wasn't always the case) was top notch. Seats are very comfortable (I was worried as I got the cooled seats that they would be too hard - was not the case).They are super supportive (18 way power) and comfortable. I went with the standard black leather with no extended leather option, but I did go with the full deviated stitch package, picking Bordeaux red - adding seat belts and all of the gauges in the same colour (hard to see in the pics). Overall, I love the layout of the 991.2. No disrespect to the new 992 owners - but I really love the gauge cluster - especially them being purely analog and the overall "traditional" look (yes I know the 992 is based on a 70's Porsche layout).

While driving, the car simply exudes sportiness. It feels compact, wide and low to the ground (despite the 991's additional size). The suspension, even it's most comfortable setting is very capable.

It also exudes luxury; the newer cars are definitely much more GT now - and happily for me - for where I am in life, I am good with that. Cabin noise is minimal, even at speed, I do hear some wind noise on highway cruises - but nothing outside what would be expected. Engine noise is just right for me - even in Comfort/O (and even better in Sport and Sport+). Exhaust note is muted - but I like the burble. In Sport+ it is enough for me - but I can see many people upgrading for an increased growl.

The PDK Transmission is the best in the world - bar none - for a DCT. I honestly cannot believe it. My ZF transmission in the BMW M5 CE is very smooth - but no where as quick. The smoothness of the Turbo S is almost equivalent to the BMW however.
Road noise is minimal. What the car is...in a word - is SMOOTH. My 80 year old Mother - her first comment was it was luxury car smooth. My Wife loved the car for the smoothness and luxury - so it's a win for me.
Handling; is other-worldly. With the rear-steer - the car just feels that it can handle any canyon or curve you throw at it...easily. My previous C7 Z06 has excellent handling, but it didn't perform that handling as smoothly or easily as the Turbo S. Slow maneuvers are also a cinch - due to the rear steer. It is a very useful solution.

Power; as I am breaking the car in - I cannot fully comment - having only just started to rev to 4K RPM at 500 miles. But being pretty familiar with power with my previous modded cars (about 3000 HP between the two) - I can tell you the car is very quick. It pulls much harder and with less power-interruption than my daily F90 Competition. With the rumour that the 2019 Turbo S's have the 607 HP tune from the Exclusive - it will be interesting to see what the third party testing results are - it certainly feels it. For driving on highway or curvy roads, there is no doubt that the 991.2 Turbo S is a lot of car and can and will do what you ask of it. I was fortunate to score the Michelin PS4's - that was a bonus (my M5 CE has the Pirelli PZero's - which I am NOT happy with). Interestingly, this is one of a very few cars that I just enjoy being in - no matter what I am doing or how I am driving. Traffic, long drives in the country, city driving etc. It is an amazing drivers car in all situations. The cabin feels special and I don't want to get out of it - finding excuses to get back into to the car - even for a short cruise.

As an individual, I am very happy not to attract attention. That said - this car can get some - although it isn't constant. I would say it is 50/50 that someone will notice or stare at the car versus ignore it. Finally - I want to end with the fact I can tell this is a special car. Being fair this is my first "Exotic" ownership experience - but I have driven most of the Exotics out there - and like those, it does feel special compared to your upper level average car.

Much more review to come - with testing. I am very excited to join the Porsche community as a new owner and member.

Cheers!

Last edited by vtknight; 04-30-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:07 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Howdy vtKnight:
Congratulations on your beautiful Turbo S. Car is amazing. Enjoy this beast. I take delivery of my new Turbo in June. I also have a Corvette Z06. Great cars but I prefer the Porsches overall.
Thanks for sharing your excitement.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:10 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

congrats! beautiful car! you must be one of the few allocations left before the 992...

what options are on it?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:11 PM
vtknight
Racer

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Howdy vtKnight:
Congratulations on your beautiful Turbo S. Car is amazing. Enjoy this beast. I take delivery of my new Turbo in June. I also have a Corvette Z06. Great cars but I prefer the Porsches overall.
Thanks for sharing your excitement.
Thanks Gordy! You will love your car...they are something to experience and I am super grateful to be in one! Please posts pics when you get it - cheers!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:14 PM
vtknight
Racer

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
congrats! beautiful car! you must be one of the few allocations left before the 992...

what options are on it?
Thanks Elliot - yours as well! I would say I am likely one of the last for sure. I am very lightly optioned; deviated stitch, gauges and belts in Bordeux red, extended paint on skirt, black front and rear lights, glass black roof, carbon lit door sill, exclusive PDK shifter, power steering plus, lane change assist, additional front lighting, crest on seats and glove box, black gloss lower on mirrors, black rear logo and designation.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats man I’m glad you got to fulfill your dream. Hopefully soon I’ll also be able to follow in your steps. Saw your post in the M5 versus section. Thread turned into a Porsche discussion lmfao.

You have ave the combination I want! M5C and TTS! Enjoy both in good health.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:18 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Beautiful car and great review.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:19 PM
vtknight
Racer

Originally Posted by Paliknight
Congrats man I’m glad you got to fulfill your dream. Hopefully soon I’ll also be able to follow in your steps. Saw your post in the M5 versus section. Thread turned into a Porsche discussion lmfao.

You have ave the combination I want! M5C and TTS! Enjoy both in good health.
Thanks PK - there is no doubt you will get there...it took me some time being fair - but it is worth the journey!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:21 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

Congrats on the new car.

Amazing photography as well. Did you take the shots?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Congrats she's a peach for certain....

I'll hopefully be in my '19 in a couple of weeks....GT Silver was my second choice...real nice !!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:36 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 163 Posts

Congrats on being the owner of the best DD there is and great photos
Old 04-30-2019, 06:47 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Killer ride J. I’m still amazed that my 19 runs 10.4’s at 131 over and over on the street. TTS is an amazing platform. Time for you to adjust the tire pressures. I was running a 10.55 at 130 with a 1.63 sixty on stock Pressure 42/52 hot psi. Dropped that to 38/41 hot and the sixty dropped to 1.58 consistently and a best of 10.46 at 131mph pure stock. That is with Pirelli’s. Your Michelin’s will be even better ! Congrats and go knock off some 10.3’s at 132 !!!!!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:49 PM
vtknight
Racer

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Beautiful car and great review.
Thanks Chuck!

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Congrats on the new car.

Amazing photography as well. Did you take the shots?
I most certainly did not lol...Adam Malthaner is the man! He is a wedding photographer who is now getting recognized for his car work.

Originally Posted by Nanook
Congrats she's a peach for certain....

I'll hopefully be in my '19 in a couple of weeks....GT Silver was my second choice...real nice !!
Thanks Nanook! You will love it!

Originally Posted by jp884
Congrats on being the owner of the best DD there is and great photos
Thanks JP - it is very much an awesome experience so far!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:50 PM
vtknight
Racer

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Killer ride J. I’m still amazed that my 19 runs 10.4’s at 131 over and over on the street. TTS is an amazing platform. Time for you to adjust the tire pressures. I was running a 10.55 at 130 with a 1.63 sixty on stock Pressure 42/52 hot psi. Dropped that to 38/41 hot and the sixty dropped to 1.58 consistently and a best of 10.46 at 131mph pure stock. That is with Pirelli’s. Your Michelin’s will be even better ! Congrats and go knock off some 10.3’s at 132 !!!!!
T - thank-you! I can tell you that I know this car is quick...I am just interested to see what I run. A few more weeks to find out...It is unbelievable how quick you are at your DA lol - and how much I am loving this car!
Old 04-30-2019, 09:02 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Welcome aboard. Very good camera work!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Turbo S - Review and Quality Pics (Initial and Ongoing)