Porsche experience center LA = FUN

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 215 Likes on 129 Posts

If you find yourself at the Porsche Driving Experience in Los Angeles you should stop by our shop for a visit as we are about a mile down the road. Our shop is a one stop shop for everything 991 Porsche related.

We are located at

World Motorsports
2170 West 190th Street
Torrance, CA
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 04-25-2019, 09:45 AM
CrazyFast
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TtimeS
i looked up AL and it looks a bit more extensive, reminded me of spring mountain (corvette school). However is it all lead/follow? Do they offer a place to stay as part of the package? That was one thing I really liked about LA was the private one on one, I was thinking of going back for the 4 hours session.
The school in AL is much more than just lead/follow on track. They mix in exercises (skid pad, auto-x etc), so you’re driving a lot during the day. Also, when you get to the advanced schools it’s open lapping on track instead of lead/follow.

For accommodations, there’s a partnership with Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook - really nice hotel with spa and adjacent to the botanical gardens. They provide transport to the track each day.

Here’s a more detailed write-up I did of the schools I attended. You’ll need to scroll down a little to read about the Porsche schools: https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...vs-hpde-2.html
Old 04-25-2019, 02:27 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyFast
The school in AL is much more than just lead/follow on track. They mix in exercises (skid pad, auto-x etc), so you’re driving a lot during the day. Also, when you get to the advanced schools it’s open lapping on track instead of lead/follow.

For accommodations, there’s a partnership with Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook - really nice hotel with spa and adjacent to the botanical gardens. They provide transport to the track each day.

Here’s a more detailed write-up I did of the schools I attended. You’ll need to scroll down a little to read about the Porsche schools: https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...vs-hpde-2.html
thanks for the feedback, that spa will be a big selling point to my wife (we don’t have kids yet and no way do I get to vacation on my own!!)
great detailed write-up really enjoyed it. I’ll absolutely be looking into AL.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:46 AM
TustinJim
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Best Time Ever

For me, not an constant aggressive TTS driver, the experience was a blast and exhausting. After two straight hours on the course, I was ready for a martini (or two) in the upstairs restaurant. I loved the car ( a copy of my TTS), I loved the numerous launches, and I got so much support from the coach who created a great deal of confidence in my abilities to handle the car, which everybody knows, is a lot of car. Everyone should go there - it's a great experience.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 750 Likes on 473 Posts

Nice car you got there. I replaced my Z06 too, but with something orange to go with the white car.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:01 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
Nice car you got there. I replaced my Z06 too, but with something orange to go with the white car.
Beautiful cars. Talk about very different experiences! I wish I could have both those in my garage! I thought about replacing my Z06 with a ZR1 but decided I would prefer to try a 991 turbo.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:52 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Just FYI: Porsche has renamed the Birmingham facility to "Birmingham Track Experience" to differentiate its purpose from the LA and Atlanta "Experience" centers and reflect what it does.

It goes beyond an "experience" with the cars, offering progressively greater intensities of high performance driving instruction by professional drivers to levels far beyond what the facilities at LA or Atlanta can provide.

Quick Reply: Porsche experience center LA = FUN