Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Well I decided to order a 2019 911 Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:48 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Well I decided to order a 2019 911 Turbo...

Saturday I decided to trade my ‘14 C4S for a ‘19 Turbo. Placed my order which will go into production May 13, ‘19. Was able to get a late allocation for one of the last 991.2 Turbo with a 9% discount. I felt that I should get my 50th Birthday Gift early this year, plus the discount was amazing along with the trade amount! Went all out since I’m not in love with the direction Porsche is taking with the 992. I guess I’ll always be a purest and clearly I don’t need all the screens in my car, plus that shifter is absolutely stupid looking when I saw it. Here’s a pic from the build.....

Old 04-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Very nice build! Congrats!

I agree with your impression of the 992, I'm not impressed with the interior changes. I'm hoping the exterior, particularly the rear, on the 992 turbo looks better by the time it's released.

So you traded in your car and now waiting for your new one to arrive without a Porsche to drive?
Old 04-14-2019, 10:14 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
Very nice build! Congrats!

I agree with your impression of the 992, I'm not impressed with the interior changes. I'm hoping the exterior, particularly the rear, on the 992 turbo looks better by the time it's released.

So you traded in your car and now waiting for your new one to arrive without a Porsche to drive?
Thank You my friend! I’ve seen the 992 in person and I’m really not into the design, it reminds me of the 996 when Porsche made everything look the same to save money and make more profits. I clearly understand that I’m getting old but all those screens kill me! Luckily I have my ‘16 Cayenne Diesel and that I just bought my GF a ‘19 S5 Convertible until my TT shows up. I’m being told end of July?
Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
Thank You my friend! I’ve seen the 992 in person and I’m really not into the design, it reminds me of the 996 when Porsche made everything look the same to save money and make more profits. I clearly understand that I’m getting old but all those screens kill me! Luckily I have my ‘16 Cayenne Diesel and that I just bought my GF a ‘19 S5 Convertible until my TT shows up. I’m being told end of July?
nice!

seems like all the new cars are going to big screens, even the S class is slated to come out with a huge Tesla type center screen

yes, you are right, it's cheaper for Porsche to change software for screen images/texts rather than actual gauges, etc.

for me, the high tech looks cheap
Old 04-14-2019, 10:29 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Congratulations on the build. Love your design and color combo. I agree wholeheartedly with your perception of the new 992. To add to what you have already said, in addition to the bland PDK shifter, how they got rid of the traditional
5 instrument dials is beside me. I love my 991.2 TTS. Drove it hard this weekend. She is so quick and I love my new Europipe Exhaust along with my new Michelins. Hope your car comes with Michelin PS 4'S.
Enjoy the wait. Your beauty will be here soon.

Jay
Old 04-14-2019, 11:58 PM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Saturday I decided to trade my ‘14 C4S for a ‘19 Turbo. Placed my order which will go into production May 13, ‘19. Was able to get a late allocation for one of the last 991.2 Turbo with a 9% discount. I felt that I should get my 50th Birthday Gift early this year, plus the discount was amazing along with the trade amount! Went all out since I’m not in love with the direction Porsche is taking with the 992. I guess I’ll always be a purest and clearly I don’t need all the screens in my car, plus that shifter is absolutely stupid looking when I saw it. Here’s a pic from the build.....
Congrats on both nabbing of an allocation this far out and for a 9%(!) discount...that is awesome! Out of interest - did they let you know how may Turbo and Turbo S allocations were still available?
Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM
RoccoIsAGoodDog
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a beautiful build! I know you will enjoy it. Any reasoning behind not going with PDCC? Im currently looking for a .2 Turbo and not many are specced with it. Either way congrats on getting the car exactly how you want it, and that discount is amazing, good job!
Old 04-15-2019, 08:43 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 515 Posts

Nicely done! Looks great, classy look. If you can spring for PCCBs I would do it. I am a convert.... better feel, literally no brake dust and long lasting....... best 911 going for versatility and looks....also add steering wheel column leather, especially with your interior will finish it off........
Old 04-15-2019, 09:56 AM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abiazis
Nicely done! Looks great, classy look. If you can spring for PCCBs I would do it. I am a convert.... better feel, literally no brake dust and long lasting....... best 911 going for versatility and looks....also add steering wheel column leather, especially with your interior will finish it off........
Thanks man! Not sold on the PCCB’s, dealership talked me out of it over upkeep cost. It’s clearly not about affordability, lol! As far as leather, I really got every option on the option list for leather. Funny, the dealership never orders cars with so much leather according to them.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:57 AM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoccoIsAGoodDog
What a beautiful build! I know you will enjoy it. Any reasoning behind not going with PDCC? Im currently looking for a .2 Turbo and not many are specced with it. Either way congrats on getting the car exactly how you want it, and that discount is amazing, good job!
Thanks Pal! PDCC was ordered, just not on the picture. Funny!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:00 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 515 Posts

Thanks man! Not sold on the PCCB’s, dealership talked me out of it over upkeep cost. It’s clearly not about affordability, lol! As far as leather, I really got every option on the option list for leather. Funny, the dealership never orders cars with so much leather according to them.
Great, configurator sometimes doesn't show all leather trim properly as the steering column shows half the time it seems.......you can ask more people about the PCCBs.......I have been advised by many that they will last the life of the car if limited track time............I have had no issues with speaking either versus the irons I have had.....
Old 04-15-2019, 10:03 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

PCCB's require no maintenance unless you track the car, but they are an expensive option. Curious why you didn't go with a TTS rather than a TT? Gonna be really nice based on your pics.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:09 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

Very nice, beautiful interior. I am waiting on a 992 turbo s, took me too long to get this one perfect, I'll keep it a while, is a while over yet.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Agreed with others, if you are not going to regularly track the car, there is NO upkeep cost for PCCB. It's a no-brainer to get PCCB, especially for a white car.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:21 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,479 Likes on 950 Posts

Is that agate gray leather interior?? I love that interior...good choice! Did you go white or white metallic??

Quick Reply: Well I decided to order a 2019 911 Turbo...