New Antigravity lightweight battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 03:45 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hey Max,

Best thing to do is always contact us at Antigravity Batteries if you have any questions, we are absolutely going to stand behind our products always. If you EVER have any questions about a product you have or are looking at simply reach out to us via Phone (310) 527-2330 or email scott@antigravitybatteries.com (email in our signature below) or chad@antigravitybatteries.com and we will get any battery issue or questions worked out for you quickly.

But honestly, you do need to notify us by email or phone because we will miss some of these forum posts... we are not always notified about them,, or see them. So to get proper service we have to be in the loop, and we are the professionals in regards to our products so it best to come directly to us.

Now as far as your battery is concerned I would need more info like the voltage it is sitting at and more information so we can understand if the battery is being wonky or the car is wonky. There are many potentials like bad grounding or a loose terminal.... I can't really say at this point but that is why we need you to contact us. We are glad to warranty it if there is any issues whatsoever on our side of the product. So please contact us.
Thanks, Chad - I'll contact the support. I was posting on the forum to see if anyone had the same issue. FWIW, the battery survived one winter without an issue.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:43 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
My AntiGravity battery is acting strangely now that the weather got slightly colder (high 50s here). Whenever I start a car, the engine starts to turn over, then all lights go dark for a second and the engine slows and then it does start normally. Happens very often, and suprisingly more often after a long drive, when the battery is supposed to be fully changed, right? Also, I was cleaning the car once with doors open for like 5 mins and the battery just died. I put it on a charger, and it went to 80% right away and to 100% within an hour. Very strange. Is the battery dying?
Does it start to crank, then cranks slowly and the engine starts ?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:01 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Does it start to crank, then cranks slowly and the engine starts ?
Yes. But the lights on the dash also go dark when the engine cranks slowly.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:14 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Yes. But the lights on the dash also go dark when the engine cranks slowly.
Is the charging voltage on the dash gauge over 14v ? If so, the most probable answer would be the battery is on it’s way out.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:06 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Thanks, Chad - I'll contact the support. I was posting on the forum to see if anyone had the same issue. FWIW, the battery survived one winter without an issue.
This is scott... yeah please contact us...

Forget that battery lasting one winter... I will stand behind it doing more than 5 winters or will replace it....

The other thing is the battery should rip start your car.... if not we need to check it out and get you a new one if there is any issue. Plain and simple. Our battery will not do a sluggish start unless it is exceptionally low, or if the BMS has an issue which we will cover. But also just do a check on grounding, current voltage of the battery with a multimeter and write to me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com and we'll get this moving if there is an issue.

I know its a hassle to pull the battery out to send it back.. but we can send you a shipping ticket to return it to us and get it back out quick.
The following users liked this post:
MaxLTV (10-26-2019)

Quick Reply: New Antigravity lightweight battery