Sponsored by: Road Spy

My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 04:55 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Please break out the violins...

Fadi, come on man, you guys raced fair and square. Stop making up excuses, please.

Manuel
Old 03-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
Please break out the violins...

Fadi, come on man, you guys raced fare and square. Stop making up excuses, please.

Manuel
Just clarifying, that’s all. I have no problems with our race. I haven’t said one “excuse”. Just stating the facts.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:06 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Mike’s car was never on the dyno and don’t forget that there were 4 991TT’s there, representing all the top performing offerings available. Says a lot about the By Design Stage 4. Hope you get it more dialed in and I am sure Mike would be looking forward to a rematch of the stock frame 68 mm versus the “1 of 1” GT2 RS kit.

BTW, WGF Ocala, FL 1/2 mile is around the corner, if you are up to it

Manuel
Old 03-14-2019, 05:15 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Mike’s car was never on the dyno and don’t forget that there were 4 991TT’s there. Representing all the top performing offerings available. Says a lot about the By Design Stage 4. Hope you get it more dialed in and I am sure Mike would be looking forward to a rematch of the stock frame 68 mm versus the “1 of 1” GT2 RS kit.

Manuel
Mike’s car ran well. We both went 9.5x @ 146.x. My car will probably go a bit quicker soon when the logging begins. We will see...

I just shipped the cars back home from FL, so I won’t be back for a while, unfortunately. Enjoy the heat - brutal!
Old 03-14-2019, 07:20 PM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike’s car was never on the dyno and don’t forget that there were 4 991TT’s there, representing all the top performing offerings available. Says a lot about the By Design Stage 4. Hope you get it more dialed in and I am sure Mike would be looking forward to a rematch of the stock frame 68 mm versus the “1 of 1” GT2 RS kit.

Manuel
Have you found the attention you’re looking for yet? Need more posts?

Why not try your own thread.

Fadi has owned 1800 awhp cars - these are all rounders - let’s not make a street outlaws episode out of this.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kisco

Mike’s car ran well. We both went 9.5x @ 146.x. My car will probably go a bit quicker soon when the logging begins. We will see...

I just shipped the cars back home from FL, so I won’t be back for a while, unfortunately. Enjoy the heat - brutal!
Your car performed admirably! And I agree with you it will probably get faster with some fine tuning. The 1/2 mile would be a good test too to see the up top differences between the GT2RS turbos and the typical, but super fast, 68mm vtg.

But also $15K for the GT2RS turbos is definitely quite the price, when compared with the 68mm vtg! I think even without core exchange is about 40% more expensive!!!

I was quite surprised to see how both P cars were pulling on the 720s!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kouzman
Your car performed admirably! And I agree with you it will probably get faster with some fine tuning. The 1/2 mile would be a good test too to see the up top differences between the GT2RS turbos and the typical, but super fast, 68mm vtg.

But also $15K for the GT2RS turbos is definitely quite the price, when compared with the 68mm vtg! I think even without core exchange is about 40% more expensive!!!

I was quite surprised to see how both P cars were pulling on the 720s!!!
Thanks man. I was so happy with the performance of the car. Honestly...I wasn’t expecting a 9.5 out of it especially given the circumstances (new setup for me and ES, no logs....you know, all the “excuses”, lol)

What I am even more impressed with? The way it drives. The driving manners are no different from stock and this is just as important to me as the performance of the car. I can’t wait to get it back and put some miles on it!!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:16 PM
vtknight
Racer

Originally Posted by Kisco

Thanks man. I was so happy with the performance of the car. Honestly...I wasn’t expecting a 9.5 out of it especially given the circumstances (new setup for me and ES, no logs....you know, all the “excuses”, lol)

What I am even more impressed with? The way it drives. The driving manners are no different from stock and this is just as important to me as the performance of the car. I can’t wait to get it back and put some miles on it!!
It’s a great build Fadi - congrats again!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vtknight

It’s a great build Fadi - congrats again!
Thank you brother. I can’t wait for you to join in on the mods. You’ll see just what i mean once you do.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:53 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Have you found the attention you’re looking for yet? Need more posts?

Why not try your own thread.

Fadi has owned 1800 awhp cars - these are all rounders - let’s not make a street outlaws episode out of this.
Hi,

LMAO, you are talking about me or Fadi???

I did, here you go-

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-call-out.html

Manuel
Old 03-14-2019, 11:59 PM
vtknight
Racer

Hi,

LMAO, you are talking about me or Fadi???

I did, here you go-

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-call-out.html

Manuel
I'm talking to you this is Fadi's thread and - Excellent - no need to thread jack then. Like I said - these cars are great for what they are - quick with limited mods. Why bring drama to this level of racing lol?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:19 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Congrats Fadi. You are certainly committed to making your car a formidable 1/4 and maybe in the future, 1/2 mile racer. Can’t wait to see how it goes and watch the videos. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:20 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

I'm talking to you this is Fadi's thread and - Excellent - no need to thread jack then. Like I said - these cars are great for what they are - quick with limited mods. Why bring drama to this level of racing lol?
Not thread jacking, just stating the facts. If you don’t like it, don’t read it, simple as that!

Manuel
Old 03-15-2019, 12:23 AM
vtknight
Racer

Not thread jacking, just stating the facts. If you don’t like it, don’t read it, simple as that!

Manuel
No...that is what YOUR thread is for. I know bolt on racing is intense for some people...but cool your jets. Fadi isn't going anywhere and you guys can take more weight out of your cars to try and beat him next time.

Season is just beginning.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

No...that is what YOUR thread is for. I know bolt on racing is intense for some people...but cool your jets. Fadi isn't going anywhere and you guys can take more weight out of your cars to try and beat him next time.

Season is just beginning.
LOL, to try and beat him???, not sure what you mean by that. Also, the search button is your friend!

Manuel

Quick Reply: My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S