Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S

Old 03-13-2019, 12:34 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S

All about my 1 of 1 build with ES/AIM Performence and a drag race with Dragtimes McLaren 720S.

What...a...car!!!

Keep in mind the car came off the dyno in 30*F weather in NJ and straight to the track in 80+*F weather in FL with only 1 log in-between. Can’t wait to actually dial it in.

Cant thank ES & AIM performance enough for this build! Enjoy the video.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:10 AM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kisco
All about my 1 of 1 build with ES/AIM Performence and a drag race with Dragtimes McLaren 720S.

What...a...car!!!

Keep in mind the car came off the dyno in 30*F weather in NJ and straight to the track in 80+*F weather in FL with only 1 log in-between. Can’t wait to actually dial it in.

Cant thank ES & AIM performance enough for this build! Enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/Uo0dJA4cMKY
Lol...I beat you here - and already posted it up Fadi...
Old 03-13-2019, 01:32 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Nice accomplishment... So that's his secret eh? Lightweight wheels and tire warmers.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:34 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vtknight
Lol...I beat you here - and already posted it up Fadi...
Nice to see you here, bud.
Originally Posted by Psorcery
Nice accomplishment... So that's his secret eh? Lightweight wheels and tire warmers.
Thanks!

The light weight wheels and seats are factory specs, not aftermarket, so still considered factory stock (minus R888R tires)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks!

The light weight wheels and seats are factory specs, not aftermarket, so still considered factory stock (minus R888R tires)
I believe he destroyed a GTR with 800whp. Have yous seen the vid?

Crazy how 800whp in a Turbo S is much stronger than 800whp in a GTR.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 AM
vtknight
Racer

Porsche's have always been stronger HP for HP than GTR's. I say this as a GTR owner. It is simply the way it has been for some time. FBO GTR's struggle with 991.2 Turbo S's.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:55 AM
vtknight
Racer

Thanks!
You too Fadi...build is super impressive - I already stated you would likely go low 140's on pump and the car isn't even fully dialed in yet. A friend of mine asked if the clutches are still stock? I thought yes?
Old 03-13-2019, 01:57 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

I have, but sometimes it’s hard to pinpoint what’s really going on with an online race video. I can tell you that a properly tuned / driven 800 whp GTR will be a very, very close race with a stock 720S.

I had an 820 whp GTR and it went 60-130 in low 5s and would trap around 144 mph. Very, very similar to the performance figures of a properly driven stock 720S in good conditions.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:58 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vtknight
You too Fadi...build is super impressive - I already stated you would likely go low 140's on pump and the car isn't even fully dialed in yet. A friend of mine asked if the clutches are still stock? I thought yes?
Yes, stock clutches brother.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:46 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Congratulations Fadi on getting your car back...

I am not a dragstrip fan but I do enjoy the occasional data gathered from these runs. I must say these videos posted are confusing in terms of what value if any, they bring to the forum, they seem hardcore self promoting and also free promotion for tuners, who do not even need it, as everyone knows Emre's skills and his reputation as a good tuner.

If I recall correctly you have an interesting build in terms of using GT2RS VTG turbos, and what would have been interesting is to see how those compare to stock or 68mm/71mm VTG similar builds, in terms of performance curve, actual Cobb datalogs, boost onset, IATs, boost levels, power up the rev range etc. and provide insight to the community about these vs. all the other similar builds with modified VTGs. These runs are just the same within 1-2 tenths or 1-2 mph trap speeds as the dozens of other runs we have seen for stage 4 meth builds, so the question is whether there is value in using GT2RS turbos.

If you do some datalogging in 4th gear, then 5th, then 6th from 50-100mph for instance vs. a modified VTG or a GTxx turbocharged 991, we would be able to understand differences in the setups, quartermile runs fail to provide a feel about drivability and elasticity to us here, not even the 60-130mph runs going through the 2-3-4th gears provide that kind of data other than getting excited about brute power and boost levels.

Your videos are light and fun, and thanks for posting them and apologies for the direct feedback, but adding some more technical "meat" and making them less promotional would go a long way on this forum.

Finally I personally feel terrible seeing that we have to modify our cars to these levels to beat a perfectly stock 720S on the drag strip, and moreover on the circuit, this realization has made me consider seriously selling mine after putting thousands of $$$ to make it competitive.. What were the other 991s shown in the video running there with you?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:11 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean

I am not a dragstrip fan but I do enjoy the occasional data gathered from these runs. I must say these videos posted are confusing in terms of what value if any, they bring to the forum, they seem hardcore self promoting and also free promotion for tuners, who do not even need it, as everyone knows Emre's skills and his reputation as a good tuner.

If I recall correctly you have an interesting build in terms of using GT2RS VTG turbos, and what would have been interesting is to see how those compare to stock or 68mm/71mm VTG similar builds, in terms of performance curve, actual Cobb datalogs, boost onset, IATs, boost levels, power up the rev range etc. and provide insight to the community about these vs. all the other similar builds with modified VTGs. These runs are just the same within 1-2 tenths or 1-2 mph trap speeds as the dozens of other runs we have seen for stage 4 meth builds, so the question is whether there is value in using GT2RS turbos.

If you do some datalogging in 4th gear, then 5th, then 6th from 50-100mph for instance vs. a modified VTG or a GTxx turbocharged 991, we would be able to understand differences in the setups, quartermile runs fail to provide a feel about drivability and elasticity to us here, not even the 60-130mph runs going through the 2-3-4th gears provide that kind of data other than getting excited about brute power and boost levels.

Your videos are light and fun, and thanks for posting them and apologies for the direct feedback, but adding some more technical "meat" and making them less promotional would go a long way on this forum.

Finally I personally feel terrible seeing that we have to modify our cars to these levels to beat a perfectly stock 720S on the drag strip, and moreover on the circuit, this realization has made me consider seriously selling mine after putting thousands of $$$ to make it competitive.. What were the other 991s shown in the video running there with you?
+1

Also were the GT2 RS VTGs a straight bolt on?

Is there still no info if hot side any larger than 991 turbo s VTGS etc?

Car pulls v.strong without a doubt but Mcl moved game on to another level and Porsche lagging behind in bhp war. Can you imagine whats going to happen when 720s tuned!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:46 AM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys all the mclaren comments are correct, but they are still 100k more than the turbo s and I doubt they r so reliable and usable. Phenomenal cars, I do want one, but not to replace my P car...

does anyone know part numbers for the gt2rs turbos and price?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Here in Canada, the 720S is literally twice as expensive as a 991.2 Turbo S.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:40 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jean

Self promoting...ya, that’s part of it.
Tuner promoting...sure, I see that.

Dont forget entertaining and informative. Check out some of my other vids and you’ll see what I am talking about.

i will be doing VTG vs non-VTG video comparisons soon, so stay tuned.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:10 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Self promoting...ya, that’s part of it.
Tuner promoting...sure, I see that.

Dont forget entertaining and informative. Check out some of my other vids and you’ll see what I am talking about.

i will be doing VTG vs non-VTG video comparisons soon, so stay tuned.
What was the max IAT on the CSF Intercoolers? That much power was an excellent test.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S