Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Battery protection active while park?

Old 03-10-2019, 09:00 PM
905doc
User

Default Battery protection active while park?

As the title says, I got that message when I turned on my 991.2 TTS just now. Last time I used it was xmas eve. The remote wasn't opening the door and a red light flashed on the remote, I tried ejected the manual key out of it but eventually it started working. Car started with a weird noise that you get like a battery is dead but it's started now. Any advice on what's to do? (Besides the obvious that i need to use it more often)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:56 AM
uzj100
User

Originally Posted by 905doc View Post
As the title says, I got that message when I turned on my 991.2 TTS just now. Last time I used it was xmas eve. The remote wasn't opening the door and a red light flashed on the remote, I tried ejected the manual key out of it but eventually it started working. Car started with a weird noise that you get like a battery is dead but it's started now. Any advice on what's to do? (Besides the obvious that i need to use it more often)
Invest in a battery maintainer if you're not going to be driving it for extended periods. And, yes, drive it more often
Old 03-24-2019, 03:31 PM
905doc
User

Originally Posted by uzj100 View Post
Invest in a battery maintainer if you're not going to be driving it for extended periods. And, yes, drive it more often
Where are these available to get from? Dealer?
Old 03-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Lo911TTS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 905doc View Post
Where are these available to get from? Dealer?
I bought one from my dealer, if I recall correctly it cost close to $300.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 PM
kouzman
User

Originally Posted by Lo911TTS View Post
I bought one from my dealer, if I recall correctly it cost close to $300.
If you look online you will find them much cheaper. Maybe even almost half the price. And I am talking about 50% less. I think I got mine from Suncoast years ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: