Sponsored by: Road Spy

Garage Door Opener Program issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 05:12 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Garage Door Opener Program issues

Does anyone have a way to program the "homelink" system in a '15 Porsche 991 turbo for their garage door opener when the garage door has a changing code?
I have read in the instruction manual on how to try to get it programmed, BUT it only tells you how for a garage door code that is a singular / stationary code. The instruction manual does address that it is possible to program for a changing / shuffling code but it doesnt tell you how to actually program it.
Anyone know how to program for the shuffling code garage door opener?
Thanks
Old 03-03-2019, 09:30 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

https://www.google.com/search?q=prog...TF-8#kpvalbx=1
Old 03-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Don't get discouraged if you follow steps and it does not work the first or second time. I followed the steps several times over several days before it actually worked for me. Just keep trying. The Porsche system is very finicky.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:53 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Don't get discouraged if you follow steps and it does not work the first or second time. I followed the steps several times over several days before it actually worked for me. Just keep trying. The Porsche system is very finicky.
This!
Old 03-04-2019, 12:13 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Same....just keep trying. Also move the remote you point at front bumper at different positions within same area... very temperamental..... you’ll get it
Old 03-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,246 Likes on 782 Posts

There are two programming steps involved with an opener with a changing code. The first step is to program the car to your garage door remote. Once this is done, you need to program your opener to recognize the signal being sent by your car. Often times where there's a problem, people don't perform the first step.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:56 PM
Ryan Day
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
This!
This
Old 03-05-2019, 12:17 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm pretty good at it. Just follow the process in manual. Make sure your car is physically close to the opener. I usually do it with my car inside the garage.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:14 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
There are two programming steps involved with an opener with a changing code. The first step is to program the car to your garage door remote. Once this is done, you need to program your opener to recognize the signal being sent by your car. Often times where there's a problem, people don't perform the first step.
This. You have to do 2 steps. I am pretty sure its in the manual (as that's where i found it and just followed the instructions). I just did it 3 months ago. You have to do 2 steps or it wont work. I dont recall it being finicky, but may have taken me doing it twice to work.I did i in the garage (disconnect power from opener so i could do that - then reconnect). Good luck
Old 03-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

If all else fails, and you have LED lights in the garage, you might want to swap them out for the old standard bulb's and try again. For some, there is some kind of signal interfearance that affects the signal from the car, and I think it could also affect inputing the signal from the beginning.

-TJ
Old 03-07-2019, 08:13 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks everyone!!
I used the instructional video that CSK 911 provided.... then looked up my garage door opener specifically on how to get it to "Learn" as stated in the video.
Almost that easy it was done.

Thanks again!!
Old 03-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy
If all else fails, and you have LED lights in the garage, you might want to swap them out for the old standard bulb's and try again. For some, there is some kind of signal interfearance that affects the signal from the car, and I think it could also affect inputing the signal from the beginning.

-TJ
The problem described here is characterized by intermittent function of the Homelink opener after it is fully programmed and functional, rather than initial programming difficulty. It is cured by installing non LED bulbs or special LED bulbs made for garage door openers.

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-10-2019, 04:05 PM
AirBusPilot
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Mine will close it every time, but rarely open the garage.��

Quick Reply: Garage Door Opener Program issues