Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Garage Door Opener Program issues (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1131938-garage-door-opener-program-issues.html)

jsbihn 03-03-2019 05:12 PM

Garage Door Opener Program issues

Does anyone have a way to program the "homelink" system in a '15 Porsche 991 turbo for their garage door opener when the garage door has a changing code?
I have read in the instruction manual on how to try to get it programmed, BUT it only tells you how for a garage door code that is a singular / stationary code. The instruction manual does address that it is possible to program for a changing / shuffling code but it doesnt tell you how to actually program it.
Anyone know how to program for the shuffling code garage door opener?
Thanks

CSK 911 C4S 03-03-2019 09:30 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=prog...TF-8#kpvalbx=1

Porsche_nuts 03-03-2019 09:39 PM

Don't get discouraged if you follow steps and it does not work the first or second time. I followed the steps several times over several days before it actually worked for me. Just keep trying. The Porsche system is very finicky.

bkrantz 03-03-2019 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts (Post 15678335)
Don't get discouraged if you follow steps and it does not work the first or second time. I followed the steps several times over several days before it actually worked for me. Just keep trying. The Porsche system is very finicky.

This!

GraSox 03-04-2019 12:13 PM

Same....just keep trying. Also move the remote you point at front bumper at different positions within same area... very temperamental..... you’ll get it

Dennis C 03-04-2019 12:55 PM

There are two programming steps involved with an opener with a changing code. The first step is to program the car to your garage door remote. Once this is done, you need to program your opener to recognize the signal being sent by your car. Often times where there's a problem, people don't perform the first step.

Ryan Day 03-04-2019 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by bkrantz (Post 15678361)
This!

This

stealthpilot 03-05-2019 12:17 AM

I'm pretty good at it. Just follow the process in manual. Make sure your car is physically close to the opener. I usually do it with my car inside the garage.

rodsky 03-05-2019 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis C (Post 15679431)
There are two programming steps involved with an opener with a changing code. The first step is to program the car to your garage door remote. Once this is done, you need to program your opener to recognize the signal being sent by your car. Often times where there's a problem, people don't perform the first step.

This. You have to do 2 steps. I am pretty sure its in the manual (as that's where i found it and just followed the instructions). I just did it 3 months ago. You have to do 2 steps or it wont work. I dont recall it being finicky, but may have taken me doing it twice to work.I did i in the garage (disconnect power from opener so i could do that - then reconnect). Good luck

Top Jimmy 03-06-2019 01:46 PM

If all else fails, and you have LED lights in the garage, you might want to swap them out for the old standard bulb's and try again. For some, there is some kind of signal interfearance that affects the signal from the car, and I think it could also affect inputing the signal from the beginning.

-TJ

jsbihn 03-07-2019 08:13 PM

Thanks everyone!!
I used the instructional video that CSK 911 provided.... then looked up my garage door opener specifically on how to get it to "Learn" as stated in the video.
Almost that easy it was done.

Thanks again!!

Dr Chill 03-08-2019 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 15684550)
If all else fails, and you have LED lights in the garage, you might want to swap them out for the old standard bulb's and try again. For some, there is some kind of signal interfearance that affects the signal from the car, and I think it could also affect inputing the signal from the beginning.

-TJ

The problem described here is characterized by intermittent function of the Homelink opener after it is fully programmed and functional, rather than initial programming difficulty. It is cured by installing non LED bulbs or special LED bulbs made for garage door openers.

AirBusPilot 03-10-2019 04:05 PM

Mine will close it every time, but rarely open the garage.��