another Shout out for Sam/Kline/Cobb

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 11:41 PM
Dgrande44
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another Shout out for Sam/Kline/Cobb

Hey Group,
I purchased my '15 Turbo in November and despite not driving it much in the last couple of Colorado winter months I decided to install a Kline header / 200 cell cat / muffler system and the Cobb stage 2 software. I worked with Sam at ByDesign and can't be happier with the results.
I did not remove the tail of the the car to install the exhaust - choosing instead (perhaps foolishly) to work under the car on jack-stands in my garage. I think that decision added hours on the project. Advice from Sam that proved golden: leave everything loose then tighten slowly working from the headers out. I at first didn't do that and had to buy new gaskets to correct my mistake. Once I had the exhaust straightened away I installed the Cobb stage 2 software including the OEM+ PDK map. The unofficial butt-dyno can certainly feel the difference! Much stronger in manual mode with firmer shifts. However, the sound and the shift points feel the same as stock while in standard or sport mode. Manual or Sport Plus mode = Wow! My goal was a strong GT car that I can enjoy on track days AND on date nights with my wife. Highly recommend Sam at ByDeisgn. Thank you Sam for the patience and advice during this project!
Old 02-28-2019, 12:00 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

glad to hear you are happy

yes, join the long list of happy customers, Sam set me up as well, very happy !!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:11 AM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey sounds like a great mod. Thanks for sharing. I plan to do that on my new 2019 when it comes in.
Cheers,
Old 02-28-2019, 12:17 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Does Sam work with anyone here in Florida's Daytona Beach or Orlando area for installation of Engine upgrades?
Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Hey D and friends! Thanks for the kind words. I am so glad you love it! I am here for anything you may need.

Fast, I have several great friends/shops that support us in FL including just about all the dealerships in the state. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-28-2019, 05:07 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgrande44
Hey Group,
I purchased my '15 Turbo in November and despite not driving it much in the last couple of Colorado winter months I decided to install a Kline header / 200 cell cat / muffler system and the Cobb stage 2 software. I worked with Sam at ByDesign and can't be happier with the results.
I did not remove the tail of the the car to install the exhaust - choosing instead (perhaps foolishly) to work under the car on jack-stands in my garage. I think that decision added hours on the project. Advice from Sam that proved golden: leave everything loose then tighten slowly working from the headers out. I at first didn't do that and had to buy new gaskets to correct my mistake. Once I had the exhaust straightened away I installed the Cobb stage 2 software including the OEM+ PDK map. The unofficial butt-dyno can certainly feel the difference! Much stronger in manual mode with firmer shifts. However, the sound and the shift points feel the same as stock while in standard or sport mode. Manual or Sport Plus mode = Wow! My goal was a strong GT car that I can enjoy on track days AND on date nights with my wife. Highly recommend Sam at ByDeisgn. Thank you Sam for the patience and advice during this project!

Great to hear. I am considering the PDK cobb tune. What is your favorite part of the pdk tune? Which exhaust did you go with?
Old 02-28-2019, 06:43 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Another happy camper!
Old 03-02-2019, 11:44 AM
bojote
Track Day

Another happy customer here. I texted Sam Thursday from the track (Homestead Miami Speedway) there was an event with GT Driver Gustavo Yacaman (YACADEMY) and pretty much EVERYONE was in love with the sound. Asking all kinds of questions. I have Kline headers+exhaust no cats Cobb Stage 2. ByDesign intercoolers and waiting for new Turbo's and meth injection for Stage 4+. Mine is a 991.2 Turbo S.

The ONLY thing I did NOT like is car is no fun anymore with street tires. I'm used to the same braking points with the Turbo S stock. Stage 2 is a completely different animal. Lots of understeer from carrying to much speed from the straights so I believe Turbo S should stick to 1/2 mile events from now on hope to see most of you in Ocala this Apr 12-13
Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bojote
Another happy customer here. I texted Sam Thursday from the track (Homestead Miami Speedway) there was an event with GT Driver Gustavo Yacaman (YACADEMY) and pretty much EVERYONE was in love with the sound. Asking all kinds of questions. I have Kline headers+exhaust no cats Cobb Stage 2. ByDesign intercoolers and waiting for new Turbo's and meth injection for Stage 4+. Mine is a 991.2 Turbo S.

The ONLY thing I did NOT like is car is no fun anymore with street tires. I'm used to the same braking points with the Turbo S stock. Stage 2 is a completely different animal. Lots of understeer from carrying to much speed from the straights so I believe Turbo S should stick to 1/2 mile events from now on hope to see most of you in Ocala this Apr 12-13
Hi,

That is awesome!

What tires are you running?

Manuel
Old 03-02-2019, 11:55 AM
bojote
Track Day

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
What tires are you running?
OEM PZeros seeing action for the last time

Waiting for Wheels Boutique to call me to install Satin Bronze R101 LW's w/ Toyo R888R's. Wheels already at the shop.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:12 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by mwlmd
Great to hear. I am considering the PDK cobb tune. What is your favorite part of the pdk tune? Which exhaust did you go with?
Not to answer for him but exhaust looks like Kline from his post. My PDK tune is Sport, so i believe slightly more sporty than his OEM+. There is an even more aggressive mode that Sam didnt fell would fit my needs (and i think he's right). Now when i put PDK in Normal mode + auto, it is perfect for me for day to day driving. It is more sporty than OEM normal i.e. it doesnt shift into 6th gear at 20 MPH but is also not too sporty. Sport mode + auto open up the sportiness of the PDK and the sound is also more aggressive from the KLINE. Not too noisy unless you get on it but definitely more noticeable. I use this mode for canyons, and more spirited driving. In Manual mode, PDK shifts are more aggresive with the tune but nothing crazy / violent.

Quick Reply: another Shout out for Sam/Kline/Cobb