Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo S tire rub

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:03 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbo S tire rub

Have a 2015 Turbo S with tires that rub when turning fairly sharply for parking and low speed maneuvers. Stock OEM tires inflated to comfort levels. Most of my P cars have done this, but was wondering if this is pretty common on these particular cars and whether small alignment changes could help. I found with my other cars that lowering the inflation helped sometimes, but not the case here. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:16 PM
brakedust
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Have a 2015 Turbo S with tires that rub when turning fairly sharply for parking and low speed maneuvers. Stock OEM tires inflated to comfort levels. Most of my P cars have done this, but was wondering if this is pretty common on these particular cars and whether small alignment changes could help. I found with my other cars that lowering the inflation helped sometimes, but not the case here. Thanks.
i've had the same experience on all mine for as far back as i can recall. i've never been concerned about it, and porsche service hasn't thought it a concern either. interestingly, my new '19 tts seems to do it much less noticeably than others. not sure why, but i'll check with dealer and ask if they have any thoughts.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:45 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Believe it or not, my dealer calls it camber scrape.......happens when it is colder outside or surfaces are wet or icy when you turn the wheel almost all the way.............totally normal, but weird.....................my 993 and 996 C4S did not do this........
Old 02-26-2019, 07:08 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. The tolerance seems so small that minute changes, such as pressure changes, can have a positive effect. I'm guessing tire brands and wear can also help/hurt.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:34 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It normal for 911

Quick Reply: Turbo S tire rub