Turbo S Exclusive Series Cabriolet/Coupe - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 991 Turbo
Reload this Page >

Turbo S Exclusive Series Cabriolet/Coupe

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Turbo S Exclusive Series Cabriolet/Coupe

Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 PM
rodsky
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarfanatic View Post
An update—I was able to negotiate the adm down to 5. I would lease with Premier Financial so I’d have like $5k drive off including first months payment, and I’m in it for 10k over. Coupes around 350, Cab’s only have to be 20-25k over for me to make a happy profit while having the opportunity to drive the car around the block. A weird situation, but the profits would allow me to buy something I enjoy and can actual drive later on... thoughts?
so you would lease the car and then try and flip for $20K over - so $15K more than you bought it for. How does that work such that you can turn a profit.. Even if you paid cash, how do you make any money? With fees and taxes and buying out from a lease, you're down. I cant see how this works. And thats a big IF you can sell for $20 over. I dont know what the market is for a Cab - but Feb aint a prime time to sell..
Old 02-02-2019, 04:59 PM
bmcginn
User

This is really interesting. I never understood the GT2/GT3 mania that swept over Porsche enthusiasts. It will end the way most mania’s end, with the early speculators doing fine and the late stage guys getting killed.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

The only way to make money on them is not to drive them. Kind of defeats the purpose of ownership. I want to drive not admire.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Cargt63
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmcginn View Post
This is really interesting. I never understood the GT2/GT3 mania that swept over Porsche enthusiasts. It will end the way most mania’s end, with the early speculators doing fine and the late stage guys getting killed.
I truly hope so. This tread gives me hope because it seems greed and stupidity go head in hand. And I am not referring the well meant advise and caution.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:19 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 928 GT R View Post
When I picked up my Turbo Exclusive at Porsche of Nashua last week, ...
FYI, while your Turbo was heavily festooned with Exclusive options, I’m reasonably certain the OP refers to the Cab version of this:
https://www.porsche.com/specials/en-...lusive-series/

These have a 600+ bhp motor, Carbon Fiber wheels, CF in a bunch of other places, a $30k hand-rubbed-with-baby-seal-skin paint job, and a bunch of other stuff not available on the ‘standard’ Turbo(S).

Here are some of the longer threads from a year ago. Build vids are fun to watch.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-revealed.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...embly-vid.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...e-edition.html

Old 02-11-2019, 06:30 AM
928 GT R
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928 View Post

FYI, while your Turbo was heavily festooned with Exclusive options, I’m reasonably certain the OP refers to the Cab version of this:
https://www.porsche.com/specials/en-...lusive-series/

These have a 600+ bhp motor, Carbon Fiber wheels, CF in a bunch of other places, a $30k hand-rubbed-with-baby-seal-skin paint job, and a bunch of other stuff not available on the ‘standard’ Turbo(S).

Here are some of the longer threads from a year ago. Build vids are fun to watch.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-revealed.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...embly-vid.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...e-edition.html

As regards my specific Exclusive Optioned car vs the new Exclusive Model car, yes, we are comparing blueberries to oranges.

Regarding the bigger picture of flipping the new Turbo Exclusive Cabriolet for a profit? In my opinion, there is merit in stepping back from the recent frenetic history of $100k plus flips and taking a look at the building inventory of ultra low mile "special" model cars out there looking for buyers willing to pay the premium. Right now I am seeing the first signs of an excess of purchased for profit, special Porsches building up with an unknown market breakdown potential. The R's price premium has broken down for sure, there are over 400 GT 911's at dealers and hundreds more available in other sales venues.

Time will tell what happens with prices, and I have been wrong before!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:38 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

As regards my specific Exclusive Optioned car vs the new Exclusive Model car, yes, we are comparing blueberries to oranges.
And yours may be more-rare than the “Series” exclusives.

Regarding the bigger picture of flipping ... The R's price premium has broken down for sure, there are over 400 GT 911's at dealers and hundreds more available in other sales venues.
Tons of GT4s too.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:59 PM
lowpue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would not be buying any of Porsche's new offerings with the goal of appreciation. At present, there are over 400 used GT2 and GT3's sitting on dealer floors right now, many are RS's with delivery only miles, hundreds of others are for sale by private parties. When I picked up my Turbo Exclusive at Porsche of Nashua last week, there were two brand new GT2 RS's and one GT3 RS sitting on the showroom floor for sale. One of the GT2's was a customers "speculation" car and they wanted to get him $100k over sticker, but at the same time they made it clear that the customers "circumstances" had changed and an offer for less than that would be contemplated/accepted.

Two years ago I tried to buy a 911 R and could not hope to buy one for less than $450k. Times have changed and one just sold for $280k at auction and I could buy three more R's for $300k per car right now.

Saturation is the word for these great cars right now. Flipping a GT3 or Turbo Exclusive for much above list is a thing of the past in my opinion.
+1

Even though I was fortunate to drive my 2015 GT3 for 11 months and traded it in for what I bought it for (Dealer sold it for $22K more than I bought it for with 6K miles on it, I think it is all the wrong reason to buy the cars. This is a bubble for Porsche because the baby boomers have generated a wave of cash that is living the dreams of their childhood. However, I think Porsche realizes that their future with future generations is not going to be about GT cars so they are capitalizing on the frenzy for the short term Long term their sales will go down....Just look at the mix of ages at track days...in my experience the average age is getting older and older as time passes. Looking to the future, I am seeing more an more cars selling for technological features rather than performance....not to mention the devastating (to me) trend of self driving cars. So what am I saying...the over production of exclusive and GT cars are Porsche's last attempt to extract cash from a shrinking market.

So what is my point? Buy these cars for pleasure and enjoyment...I agree with everyone here on what your motive should be.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 PM
rmag
Addict
Rennlist Member

My dealer offered me cab allocation at MSRP. I prefer GT cars, so If anyone interested I can PM you contact info.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:26 PM
Steve Theodore
Addict
Rennlist Member

It absolutely astounds me how many GT cars they produce world-wide anymore, and how well values have been holding up for all things 991.2. That cannot last forever, at least if the next generation are improvements. Once they go all-electric, that will change EVERYTHING of course.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Papa Fittig
User

We are on the brink of auto industry revolution. Like it or not. This will affect all the values and even what is a true collector car today might suffer tomorrow. This is a reality.
OP's on opposite side had a dream. Out of two goals of "having fun" and "making money" only the former is 100% achievable, but it comes at the cost of the latter..

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: