Spoiler not raising automatically at 75mph - has anyone experienced this? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 991 Turbo
Reload this Page >

Spoiler not raising automatically at 75mph - has anyone experienced this?

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Spoiler not raising automatically at 75mph - has anyone experienced this?

 
Old 01-29-2019, 02:38 PM
  #16  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,576
Default

Originally Posted by Michael_s View Post
We found the problem. A hole in the bladder from the Body Shop.... ouch. This is going to cost them 4K.
It takes a special kinda skill to put a hole in the bladder during a front cover R&R.

So, when the body shop, helpfully, offers to buy the new bladder and install it for you ...

worf928 is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 03:57 PM
  #17  
abiazis
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
abiazis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Berkeley Lake, Georgia
Posts: 1,723
Default

Originally Posted by stealthpilot View Post
If you look at the video in this thread, you will notice that the 75mph position is different to the sport plus position. I can't see the spoiler in the 75mph position, only in the Sport Plus position.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...positions.html
Thanks.....great visual and explains everything........
abiazis is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 06:34 PM
  #18  
Michael_s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Michael_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 749
Default

Originally Posted by worf928
It takes a special kinda skill to put a hole in the bladder during a front cover R&R.

So, when the body shop, helpfully, offers to buy the new bladder and install it for you ...

You sir are on the money. And I quote "I can get the parts at a wholesale and no labor. We will pick it up and have it back to you in 48 hours."

My response: "no thanks. My p mechanic will be doing the work and we will call you for your credit card. Non negotiable."
Michael_s is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:10 PM
  #19  
mikerosi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Hey guys I have a 2014 turbo and I don’t think my spoiler is raising at 75 miles an hour in normal mode
Could you tell me if I you see the spoiler raising Through the rear window
mikerosi is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:54 PM
  #20  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,576
Default

Originally Posted by Michael_s View Post
You sir are on the money. And I quote "I can get the parts at a wholesale and no labor. We will pick it up and have it back to you in 48 hours."

My response: "no thanks. My p mechanic will be doing the work and we will call you for your credit card. Non negotiable."
Yeah. If they can eff up a cover R&R no way they get to touch anything under that cover!

Body shops... ugh. I think that the main problem is that insurance companies reimburse disassembly labor for far, far less per hour than a good Porsche tech makes. The result is that there are few body shops that can employ actual skilled labor for disassembly. Its like going to a morgue for an organ transplant conducted by students that don't really want to be there.
worf928 is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:57 PM
  #21  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,576
Default

Originally Posted by mikerosi View Post
Hey guys I have a 2014 turbo and I don’t think my spoiler is raising at 75 miles an hour in normal mode
Could you tell me if I you see the spoiler raising Through the rear window
No. You cannot see the spoiler raising to the first position in the rear view mirror. You can, however, adjust a side-view mirror so that you can see the side edge of the spoiler.
worf928 is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 12:17 AM
  #22  
Dr Chill
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr Chill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 214
Default

Anyone know if the spoilers can be dealer programmed to be deployed at all times?
Dr Chill is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 11:50 AM
  #23  
mikerosi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Originally Posted by worf928 View Post
No. You cannot see the spoiler raising to the first position in the rear view mirror. You can, however, adjust a side-view mirror so that you can see the side edge of the spoiler.
thanks that’s great info Problem I have with my turbo is that when I use the manual button on the consul the spoiler goes all the way to the top position as in the sports plus mode
it never raises to the first stage with the button
mikerosi is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 01:16 PM
  #24  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,576
Default

Originally Posted by mikerosi View Post
thanks that’s great info Problem I have with my turbo is that when I use the manual button on the consul the spoiler goes all the way to the top position as in the sports plus mode
it never raises to the first stage with the button
I have never thought that hard about what the button should do. Does the owner’s manual describe this 1/2-way up feature of the button?
worf928 is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 05:48 PM
  #25  
Michael_s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Michael_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 749
Default

Car is back at home. All is well. New spoiler/bladder.
Michael_s is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 08:57 PM
  #26  
mikerosi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Originally Posted by worf928 View Post


I have never thought that hard about what the button should do. Does the owner’s manual describe this 1/2-way up feature of the button?
Yeah it describes the button on the consul as moving it to the Second position but mine races to the sport plus position which is no big deal but a lot of times the factory manual contradicts what actually happens
mikerosi is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 01:27 PM
  #27  
chronon
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 85
Default You are spot on!

This is to confirm that spoiler is working fine but I just couldn’t see it from my rear view mirror. I am used to my 996tt where you can see it raise. Good to know.
chronon is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 AM
  #28  
mikerosi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Yeah I thought mine was Not raising up automatically at 75 miles an hour but looking at the side mirror on the door. I did see it come up but you cannot see it from the rear window
I just thought that the button for raising this spoiler would take it to the first position and not the second position
mikerosi is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 01:30 AM
  #29  
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northwest
Posts: 8,462
Default

Hey Mike>>996TT>997.2TT>991TT
Kevin is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 02:17 AM
  #30  
mikerosi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Hey Mike>>996TT>997.2TT>991TT
Hi Kevin how the heck are you
hey again thanks for all the help with Rob and Bryan and the tranny problems
how’s business family and PSA Lol
Happy new year
mikerosi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: