900 HP ES 991 TTS build

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 900 HP ES 991 TTS build

Hi all,

My name is Fadi and I know a lot of you from various forums and social media throughout the years, and just wanted to stop by and say hi. I find this particular forum informative and engaging.

I recently sent my car to AIM performance to be fitted with OEM 991 GT2RS turbos + all the ES bolt-ons to be tuned on 93 & 109 + methanol. The car should be completed within the next several weeks. I am super excited for it and I will keep everyone posted with all kinds of numbers.

I recently started a Youtube channel that I have a lot of fun with, you guys are welcome to check it out (Search 'BoostITFORward') I have / will be uploading a lot of 991 TTS content on the channel and I think a lot of you will find it informative and helpful.

I look forward to taking part of this forum and sharing my experiences with my upcoming build.

Fadi
Old 01-27-2019, 10:20 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome bud! I follow your channel already and I am a fan! Can't wait to see your video review on the modification. I think you are the first one installing the GT2RS turbos. Did you discuss power guys with the guys at AIM?
Old 01-27-2019, 10:41 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kouzman
Welcome bud! I follow your channel already and I am a fan! Can't wait to see your video review on the modification. I think you are the first one installing the GT2RS turbos. Did you discuss power guys with the guys at AIM?
Thanks man, appreciate the support! I find myself enjoying YouTube way more than I should despite the fact that I am very uncomfortable in front of a camera. Lol.

The guys at AIM think the car will make between 780-800 whp on their dyno on 109 + meth. To put in perspective, their ES850 kit with Garrett GT30 turbos make 800-820 whp. I think the car will spool quicker than the GT30s, but may give up some top end due to the smaller turbos. We will see what happens. I will be sure to document everything and post it on the channel.

I’ll also have a Kline cat-less exhaust, OEM turbos, and OEM center-lock wheels/tires for sale that I’ll be posting as soon as AIM send me pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Kisco; 01-27-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:45 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

So the Kline would not fit with the GT2RS turbos? I would think maybe just a modification to the cat pipes would do the trick... I also have a Kline Inconel on the car which I would not consider changing before trying to at least modify the test pipes...
Old 01-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kouzman
So the Kline would not fit with the GT2RS turbos? I would think maybe just a modification to the cat pipes would do the trick... I also have a Kline Inconel on the car which I would not consider changing before trying to at least modify the test pipes...
I am not sure if the Kline fits the GT2RS turbo flange or not, but regardless, I prefer all ES components if possible.

The Kline is a nice unit though. Less than 500 miles on it too (the whole car only has 3,800 miles on it)
Old 01-28-2019, 08:22 AM
jktag
Track Day

Welcome the group. I have been a follower of yours for a while. I'm excited to see the results of your build and hope to do the same to my TTS. I might be interested in the exhaust, send me a pm when your ready to sell with a price.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:55 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jktag
Welcome the group. I have been a follower of yours for a while. I'm excited to see the results of your build and hope to do the same to my TTS. I might be interested in the exhaust, send me a pm when your ready to sell with a price.
Thanks for the support, I appreciate it! PM sent.

Last edited by Kisco; 01-28-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:21 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Interesting build, good luck with it.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:46 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

Hi Fadi. Welcome to the forum. I also follow you on YouTube already. I look forward to watching your videos and seeing how you modify your TTS.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jean
Interesting build, good luck with it.
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Hi Fadi. Welcome to the forum. I also follow you on YouTube already. I look forward to watching your videos and seeing how you modify your TTS.
Thanks guys, appreciate it! AIM Performance said the car will be done within 2 weeks, so I’ll update on the channel soon with all kinds of cool data!
Old 02-01-2019, 03:48 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Watched your vids. Great job. I’ve tested a lot of IC’s over the years on other platforms. ATA and ATW. Your first comparison looked “reasonable “. The second comparison with different starting base temps that showed a ~30F delta is odd. The starting temps should be equal. Overall, great job.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Watched your vids. Great job. I’ve tested a lot of IC’s over the years on other platforms. ATA and ATW. Your first comparison looked “reasonable “. The second comparison with different starting base temps that showed a ~30F delta is odd. The starting temps should be equal. Overall, great job.
Thanks man. Make sure to look at the “description” under the video. I explained a lot. You’ll see that the data is pretty reliable minus a silly math mistake I made.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:33 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kisco

Thanks man. Make sure to look at the “description” under the video. I explained a lot. You’ll see that the data is pretty reliable minus a silly math mistake I made.
Read that, no biggie. Only thing is you can’t start a test of one at 50F and another at 60F. That delta kills the data. Overall, killer job ! Looking forward to updates !
Old 02-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by onfireTTS

Read that, no biggie. Only thing is you can’t start a test of one at 50F and another at 60F. That delta kills the data. Overall, killer job ! Looking forward to updates !
Not sure where you are getting your numbers from. All tests were done in very similar ambient temps as stated in the video. You’ve lost me, lol.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:08 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kisco

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from. All tests were done in very similar ambient temps as stated in the video. You’ve lost me, lol.
Numbers are from your charts in the vid. I'll post them below to show the difference in IAT's at the start. Not an ambient issue, but a thermo transfer issue. I'm sure your test ambient conditions were close. Keep in mind an ATA IC is arguably a heat sink first and a heat exchanger second due to the inefficientcy of ATA. You first test was very reasonable. Both IC's started at a sink temp of roughly 46F. That is built in thermal energy when you are transferring BTU. You can reasonably measure the benefit of the better IC assuming Boost Pressure, load, ambient, etc. etc. were the same.So a very "reasonable test.

The second test is where the train left the tracks. The new IC started at 50F and the OEM IC started at 60F. Can't compare heat sinks that way. The stored energy will be much better in the 50F, plus the 50F IC has much more mass (heavier) to store even more energy than the OEM IC since the OEM is starting at 60F. You can even see it in the OEM IAT slope.

No biggie....just curious observations.

Quick Reply: 900 HP ES 991 TTS build