Sponsored by: Road Spy

900 HP ES 991 TTS build

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brother, I think you are confused.

The different IATs (50*F vs 60*F) are the IAT results of both ICs. This has nothing to do with any controlled variable.

What you are looking at in both graphs is data acquired from a starting speed of about 40 mph and going WOT to about 130. I cut the data at about 63 mph and showed off the IAT results all the way to 130+ mph.

The CSF ICs are amazing and work just as advertised.

I am not sure where your confusion is coming from. Please watch the video again as I have thoroughly explained everything in what I thought to be a very clear manner.

Cheers!
Old 02-01-2019, 06:30 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by Kisco
Brother, I think you are confused.

The different IATs (50*F vs 60*F) are the IAT results of both ICs. This has nothing to do with any controlled variable.

What you are looking at in both graphs is data acquired from a starting speed of about 40 mph and going WOT to about 130. I cut the data at about 63 mph and showed off the IAT results all the way to 130+ mph.

The CSF ICs are amazing and work just as advertised.

I am not sure where your confusion is coming from. Please watch the video again as I have thoroughly explained everything in what I thought to be a very clear manner.

Cheers!
No confusion....I've been testing parts for 40 years...owned two different dyno's, flowbench, etc, etc...Engineer by trade...this is the fun side of town...just casual comments..

Quick version is....you can set an aluminum OEM IC out in 32F weather and it will be roughly 32F over time. You can set an aftermarket aluminum IC out in 32F weather and it will be roughly 32F over time. (or 40F, or 50F, etc. etc.Whatever) . Now install both of them and start the test at the same temp. I understand that driving the car with some low boost, partial throttle will warm up the IC's to some nominal temperature.....but....to truly test a heat sink it has to be the same temperature....so the aftermarket IC should have been driven some more to "get it up" to 60F even though I get what you are saying that it will "cruise" 10 degrees cooler than OEM at the same part throttle conditions and the same ambient, etc, etc, etc...

I'm out. GodSpeed with the new vids.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
.to truly test a heat sink it has to be the same temperature....so the aftermarket IC should have been driven some more to "get it up" to 60F even though I get what you are saying that it will "cruise" 10 degrees cooler than OEM at .
That doesn't tell you real world results though. Real world results are installing the ICs in the car, testing them in the same conditions (idle & warm up time, driving manner to test location, gear & MPH selection, WOT duration, ambient temps, road conditions, etc. etc.) and comparing their results.

If you get the IATs to the same temps on both ICs as a starting point, you are missing a whole aspect of the IC performance and even then, you'd still see the same divergence in IATs data as speeds increase as I have showed.

Trust me, these ICs are amazing! lol.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:13 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

That doesn't tell you real world results though. Real world results are installing the ICs in the car, testing them in the same conditions (idle & warm up time, driving manner to test location, gear & MPH selection, WOT duration, ambient temps, road conditions, etc. etc.) and comparing their results.

If you get the IATs to the same temps on both ICs as a starting point, you are missing a whole aspect of the IC performance and even then, you'd still see the same divergence in IATs data as speeds increase as I have showed.

Trust me, these ICs are amazing! lol.
GodSpeed
Old 02-03-2019, 09:33 AM
bojote
Track Day

Hi Fadi, are you upgrading and/or changing the TTS PDK transmission in any way or form?
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bojote
Hi Fadi, are you upgrading and/or changing the TTS PDK transmission in any way or form?
Hi, no I am not. The PDK trans along the clutches are staying factory stock. If they start to slip in any way, I’ll be sure to upload fo the channel so everyone is aware.

I feel ES is the best in the industry and will surely tune the car in a way that the stock clutches will hold the power output of this set up.

10 more days or so until I get the car back.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

In to see future post about this car.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:37 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Great to see you on here brother! Seems like the only place on the internet we can freely talk about our cars

Thank you for the kind words on the I/C's

also looking forward to seeing your build come to life!
Old 02-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Big Swole
In to see future post about this car.
Hey Swole, hoping to have some updates soon.

Originally Posted by CSF Cooling
Great to see you on here brother! Seems like the only place on the internet we can freely talk about our cars

Thank you for the kind words on the I/C's

also looking forward to seeing your build come to life!
Just stating the facts my friend. Your ICs work!! And yes, nice to be able to speak our minds without feeling we are walking on egg shells. Lol
Old 02-19-2019, 12:30 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Update on my ES build....Car should be completed this week. Here are some pics. Can't wait to get this thing in my hands to test it out.

Dyno video, 1/4 mile, 60-130, etc all to come in the next few weeks. Also got a drag race set up against Dragtime's 720S set up in a few weeks. That should be a good run.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Update on my ES build....Car should be completed this week. Here are some pics. Can't wait to get this thing in my hands to test it out.

Dyno video, 1/4 mile, 60-130, etc all to come in the next few weeks. Also got a drag race set up against Dragtime's 720S set up in a few weeks. That should be a good run.

Cats or empty chambers ?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:59 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

No cats.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:23 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

No cats.
The Turbo Life will thank you. Nothing worse on seals, etc than a heat sink bolted to a turbine. Plus spool, power, etc. Looks Great.

Good luck !
Old 02-19-2019, 10:31 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by onfireTTS

The Turbo Life will thank you. Nothing worse on seals, etc than a heat sink bolted to a turbine. Plus spool, power, etc. Looks Great.

Good luck !
Thank you!
Old 02-22-2019, 11:35 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts
Thumbs up

Whats the inducer and exducer size on the 991 GT2 RS turbos? Is that them in the pic? How do the new GT2 RS VTG turbos compare say to 991.2 turbo s VTG inducer/exducer size?

Great project.

Quick Reply: 900 HP ES 991 TTS build