Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Anyone else struggling with the Turbo S engine noise?

Old 02-02-2019, 06:05 PM
David_911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
Mine is being built in just over 1 week...
By this do you mean your car build will start in one week, or you will take delivery in one week?

New to Porsche also...how do you like it so far?
​​​​​​​
Is that a trick question? The 991.2 is freaking amazing! I only have a bit over 500 miles on her so far (took delivery 8 days ago) and this is my first Porsche ever. Here are a few quick observations:

(1) She drives much quieter than I expected when going at normal city street speeds, like 35-45 mph.
(2) The brakes are VERY sensitive! Just tapping on them a bit will brake the car hard, so be gentle on them.
(3) The car is extremely agile - taking curves at 60% above their posted speed seems effortless.
(4) Driving at a velocity lower than 70-75 mph seems like cruel punishment for the Porsche.
(5) There is not much visability when looking over one's left shoulder when doing a lane change.
(6) The PDK shifter sometimes gets in the way when operating the PCM controls.
(7) The acceleration on this car is brutle! Words cannot describe the feelings!
(8) There is a somewhat steep learning curve, as this car has tons of features, menu options, etc...

Hope that helps. I'm learning new things every day about my 991.2 and am having too much fun.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:23 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by catpat8000
This is an excellent suggestion, thank you! I will try this out and report back.
First thing I had my dealer deleted . It is awful and artificial. Then I upgraded to the full Kline Inconel Exhaust, headres plus race cats. Very expensive but the sound is amazing.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my 2019 TTS for 4 months now and when I first drove it I was surprised at how loud it was.
So I took the TTS out again on the back roads and to be honest it wasn't as loud as I first thought.
Maybe I just got used to it, not an issue for me but I am contemplating getting the Kline exhaust.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lo911TTS
I've had my 2019 TTS for 4 months now and when I first drove it I was surprised at how loud it was.
So I took the TTS out again on the back roads and to be honest it wasn't as loud as I first thought.
Maybe I just got used to it, not an issue for me but I am contemplating getting the Kline exhaust.
New exhaust. Needs to be burned in.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:30 PM
David_911
Intermediate

Mine is being built in just over 1 week...
By this do you mean your car build will start in one week, or you will take delivery in one week?

New to Porsche also...how do you like it so far?
Is that a trick question? The 991.2 is freaking amazing! I only have a bit over 500 miles on her so far (took delivery 9 days ago) and this is my first Porsche ever. Here are a few quick observations:

(1) She drives much quieter than I expected when going at normal city street speeds, like 35-45 mph.
(2) The brakes are VERY sensitive! Just tapping on them a bit will brake the car hard, so be gentle on them.
(3) The car is extremely agile - taking curves at 60% above their posted speed seems effortless.
(4) Driving at a velocity lower than 70-75 mph seems like cruel punishment for the Porsche.
(5) There is not much visability when looking over one's left shoulder when doing a lane change.
(6) The PDK shifter sometimes gets in the way when operating the PCM controls.
(7) The acceleration on this car is brutle! Words cannot describe the feelings!
(8) There is a somewhat steep learning curve, as this car has tons of features, menu options, etc...

Hope that helps. I'm learning new things every day about my 991.2 and am having too much fun.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Bruce H.
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by David_911
David,
The scheduled production date is this coming Friday and I expect to take delivery by maybe early April. That's great feedback...thanks!
Bruce
Old 02-03-2019, 09:48 PM
David_911
Intermediate

David,
The scheduled production date is this coming Friday and I expect to take delivery by maybe early April.
Porsche is known for padding their build schedules. My 991.2 was not supposed to be delivered to me until February 22nd and I took delivery one month early. Once your car is out of the production phase and put on an ocean vehicle transport, you'll be sent a link to the Marine Traffic Intelligence webiste where you can track the vessel across the ocean. Yours will likely be dropped off in Halifax.

What are your specs?

Last edited by David_911; 02-03-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:37 AM
Bruce H.
Racer

What are your specs?
S in GT Silver, black and bordeaux leather, TS CL wheels, heat/vent seats with crests, LCA, keyless, PSP, light and smoking pkgs, luggage net. Hoping conservative exterior will help avoid unwanted attention!
Old 02-04-2019, 01:17 AM
David_911
Intermediate

S in GT Silver, black and bordeaux leather, TS CL wheels, heat/vent seats with crests, LCA, keyless, PSP, light and smoking pkgs, luggage net.
Pretty close to my build, except mine is in Agate Gray Metallic and Expresso Brown leather interior with mahogany trim and steering wheel.

Hoping conservative exterior will help avoid unwanted attention!
Haa! You have got to be joking! Being conservative on the exterior was my idea as well - hence the gray exterior paint job. I have been out on four long distance drives so far, and on EVERY one people have stopped and looked at my Porsche. In town, whenever I am at a stop light intersection, people crossing the street slow down to get a look at my car. Other drivers on the road speed up to pull along side to get a look. I've had kids pull out their cell phones and film me driving by.

You will get attention... no way around it.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:11 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

David,
The scheduled production date is this coming Friday and I expect to take delivery by maybe early April. That's great feedback...thanks!
Bruce
v260 on the 8th ? That is my schedule also.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Bruce H.
Racer

Pretty close to my build, except mine is in Agate Gray Metallic and Expresso Brown leather interior with mahogany trim and steering wheel.
Haa! You have got to be joking! Being conservative on the exterior was my idea as well - hence the gray exterior paint job. I have been out on four long distance drives so far, and on EVERY one people have stopped and looked at my Porsche. In town, whenever I am at a stop light intersection, people crossing the street slow down to get a look at my car. Other drivers on the road speed up to pull along side to get a look. I've had kids pull out their cell phones and film me driving by.
That's an awesome combo. I changed from Luxor Beige and mahogany at the last moment. Love wood trim...and that steering wheel! Wow. My other car (Viper TA) is such an attention ***** that I tried my best to dial it back a little, well, sort of!

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
v260 on the 8th ? That is my schedule also.
Well cool if it is! I don't know the codes for stages or how to track the car. I asked the dealer who said it isn't something I can do, just that it goes into production on the 8th. How are you tracking yours?

Bruce

Old 02-04-2019, 10:00 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ing-guide.html

i took all the codes from this great thread. Then I text my SA every Friday to get an update. Plus the SA printed a complete schedule of codes and Porsche projected dates when I placed the order. V200 when I signed. V210 a week later. V250 January 25. V260 is projected on the schedule for Feb 8. That’s when the party really starts !
Old 02-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Bruce H.
Racer

Wow, great info....thanks for the link!
Old 02-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

I agree. I was conservative on the exterior as well.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargt63

I agree. I was conservative on the exterior as well.
. VOODOO blue?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else struggling with the Turbo S engine noise?