Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:00 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts
Cool 991.2 GT Silver Satin PPF/Nano Coating/Customization

This was our final project of 2018 and client gave us a long list of wish lists and we gladly accepted challenge. Project of this scale, and request, requires extreme precision and management. It's a skill we've earned over the past two decades. Specializing in Porsche allows us to make these amazing requests from a client's imagination, a reality. I hope you enjoy the journey as much as we did.

Most projects arrive to our studio, lovingly called The Asylum, via flatbed concierge delivery from dealership, or enclosed trailer from various area of the country. This one was local and arrived safe and sound

Once paint correction is complete, we begin disassembly and cataloging the vehicle, then begin installing ppf, clear bra. In this case, client wanted a satin look, similar to options offered by BMW and Mercedes, but not by Porsche. GT Silver is so stunning, but with matte ppf, it truly becomes enchanting. The metallic fully comes through the satin ppf and paint still looks "alive"

Strategic edges are extended in our software. With matte ppf, extreme attention to detail is given to extensions since NO gloss should be visible

Custom door for a seamless installation around door handle and mirror base

Most will never see behind the scenes. Knowing the project is done with un-paralleled attention-to-detail is satisfying for us and the client. The more functional reason why we obsess over the smallest detail, amazing level of durability and ease of maintenance since there's little to no seams

Custom gas door

At GP, we use DAP from XPEL...arguably the best, and most expensive, pattern software in the industry. Sometimes, patterns aren't suitable for our needs, so we go back to our roots...doing custom installations that started it for us

No detail is too small. These edges MUST be hand trimmed with precision. If you're off by a fraction of mm, the edge of the film will be exposed once the fins are installed back on

Even the carbon fiber door sills are protected and no one would ever know there's ppf on them

Client wanted a few suggestions to make this Turbo S more unique. The bare plastic accents around the 911 didn't quite match the glossy black accents that client optioned. We suggested that all matte plastics be custom painted gloss black to match other various OEM accents. This took tremendous effort to color match, get the overall texture correct, and also to protect with ppf as there was no pattern for these small pieces

Semi-Custom 1-piece 1/4s. The rear 1/4 window and trim are removed for a more seamless and clean installation

Custom Rear bumper

We use OEM emblems. Well-worth the effort considering our goal is to enhance something already new. We invest heavily into proper tooling. We have the entire library of every 991 and 991.2 generation 911

Headlights are also protected against pitting from rock chips

Mirror assembly. The outer cover was GT Silver, gloss. We wanted a SEAMLESS matte look, and only proper way to achieve those results, is to apply a matte clear coat. For an OEM appearance, we separate the mirror into its individual parts, paint each piece, and re-assemble. It's how the factory would do it

First round of this project complete. She'll be back soon for some other amazing upgrades

Custom painted GPS antenna and mirrors

Wheels and calipers nano'd

New gloss accents

All interior surfaces are nano'd giving excellent protection and a richer appearance. This process looks near OEM and doesn't take away new-car smell many enjoy

Old 01-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

One word..."unreal"
Old 01-09-2019, 12:45 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

WOW, super impressed!

Manuel
Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 AM
swoobie
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow!
Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 749 Likes on 473 Posts

Oh, the way it should be done, GREAT to see plastic being applied the right way, fantastic.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:13 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow! "Attention to detail" doesn't do this justice!

I have never seen the rear emblem templates in action. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!!.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:45 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

Moe, that job is superlative. It makes me feel bad when I walked by my car because the PPF is not as perfect.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:15 AM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Moe,

This was a wrap. Edges are critical. Do you do the same disassembly on a car getting Xpel PPF?

Great process. You should move to NC and open a shop. I could fill the shop up day one.

Jim
Old 01-10-2019, 12:22 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you gents for checking thread out. We enjoyed this project very much.

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Moe, that job is superlative. It makes me feel bad when I walked by my car because the PPF is not as perfect.
🤙

Originally Posted by Jim991
Moe,

This was a wrap. Edges are critical. Do you do the same disassembly on a car getting Xpel PPF?

Great process. You should move to NC and open a shop. I could fill the shop up day one.

Jim
jim, to clarify, this IS ppf, just matte instead of glossy.

when we do gloss ppf, we can ease back a bit as there’s a bit more wiggle room and we don’t need to cover every small intricate area. I’d say, our normal glossy ppf installation is about 90% of this level of detail...so, not too far off.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:35 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

beautiful work!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 AM
kevinrubin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exceptional job. Well done!
Old 01-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

This quality work is obviously very labor intensive and time consuming. Can you please tell us how many man hours this took and what a job like this costs. Thanks for posting these pics.

This pic to me is the most impressive.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:51 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
beautiful work!!!
Thank you Sir!

Originally Posted by kevinrubin
Exceptional job. Well done!
Appreciate it
Old 01-14-2019, 01:53 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
This quality work is obviously very labor intensive and time consuming. Can you please tell us how many man hours this took and what a job like this costs. Thanks for posting these pics.

This pic to me is the most impressive.
Projects like this are a labor of love...we're not super concerned about allocated hours, more focused on what client's vision is and executing it
Old 01-15-2019, 12:21 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

Also, I must say that your video is unbelievably great. I watched it a while ago, and I forgot how truly personal and exceptional it is. Great job.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT Silver Satin PPF/Nano Coating/Customization