Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

The 986whp 991TT build you've never heard of, until now!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 09:21 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by kouzman
so the H6 is a direct fitment to the 991TTS?

shoot me a PM guys where to find your authorized dealers for your intercoolers!
The H6 and H7 are both the EXACT SAME HEIGHT and WIDTH. The only difference being the LENGTH 1.5" inches less long on H6, But the H6 is also an exact drop in fit with no modification in a Turbo as well as the H7 because Porsche made the correct mounting holes so either battery sized can be used in the car. Both H6 and H7 sizes are BOTH drop in fits for the Turbo.

H6 is currently available / H7 coming soon early March (see website for details)

Also - PM sent
Old 03-11-2019, 01:14 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here are some big updates!

1) Flew to Arizona this weekend to pick up the car
- met with Sam at Evolution Motorsports - great guy! super knowledgeable about the platform.

2) Here are some photos
- Dodson PDK brace installed.
- Eventuri intakes installed on the car along with the custom intake piping which we had coated in the same thermal dispersion coating that comes standard on the CSF intercoolers.
- Picture of the car

Initial impression - faster car i've ever been in, and I've been in a lot of fast cars (i.e twin turbo lambos, etc) - map 3 w/ E85, is mind boggling fast. Roller coaster type acceleration.

Dodson PDK brace

Eventuri carbon fiber intake, custom air intake system finished in CSF's thermal dispersion coating / custom valved exhaust by Ardent performance

Eventuri intake system

1st fill up with 91 pump gas

Will be dropping off at GMG on Wednesday for Sparco SPX seats, GMG roll bar + Scroth harnesses, and full Ohlins Road & Track suspension set-up
Old 03-20-2019, 01:50 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ttz06vette
Any idea if/when The inkakes will be available and pricing?
I got official word from Eventuri on the intake system.
Will be available sometime in mid April
MSRP will be: $2,200 USD

It will be available from their N. American distributor and dealer - https://ind-distribution.com

Here is a little teaser video for you that was just released yesterday on their YouTube page:

Old 03-20-2019, 02:13 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 147 Posts

Fit a 2017 991.2 Turbo S?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:17 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Stopped by @gmgracing today to check on how things were going.

The great team over there was getting the Ohlins Road & Track coilover suspension installed on the car.
- I've attached a PDF file of the new system if anyone wants to view the full spec list:
Here is a list of everything that will be needed to install the system correctly:

A) Porsche 991 (AWD Models) Road & Track (DFV) suspension system (part # POS MS00)
B) Cancellation kit PASM, Porsche 981, 991 (part # 35020-07)
C) Anti roll bar bracket RHS, Porsche 991 (part #25616-13)
D) Anti roll bar bracket LHS, Porsche 991 (part #25616-14)
E) Spring 65/200/140 - qty 2 - (part # 48010-47)
F) Spring 70/180/65 - qty 2 - (part # 47000-19)

Initial impressions by the team at GMG on the Ohlins suspension:
- Super lightweight
- Great build quality
- Installs with no modifications.

Also - we decided to install some of GMG's upgraded thrust bearings. Now giving us adjustability of the caster for proper suspension and wheel set-up for the 1/2 mile speeds we're trying to achieve.

Cage and seats will be going in on Thursday once the WC roll bar is back from the powder-coating company.

Will also be getting one of GMG's famous alignments before leaving.

Ohlins Suspension getting installed

Ohlins Road & Track Suspension system for 991 Turbo / Turbo S (fits both 991.1 / 991.2)

GMG upgraded thrust bearings

GMG upgraded thrust bearings now giving us caster adjustability

Trying to get the most functional ride height for 1/2 mile racing
Attached Images
Old 03-20-2019, 08:39 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CSF Cooling
Stopped by @gmgracing today to check on how things were going.
A) Porsche 991 (AWD Models) Road & Track (DFV) suspension system (part # POS MS00)
B) Cancellation kit PASM, Porsche 981, 991 (part # 35020-07)
C) Anti roll bar bracket RHS, Porsche 991 (part #25616-13)
D) Anti roll bar bracket LHS, Porsche 991 (part #25616-14)
E) Spring 65/200/140 - qty 2 - (part # 48010-47)
F) Spring 70/180/65 - qty 2 - (part # 47000-19)

Also - we decided to install some of GMG's upgraded thrust bearings. Now giving us adjustability of the caster for proper suspension and wheel set-up for the 1/2 mile speeds we're trying to achieve.

Trying to get the most functional ride height for 1/2 mile racing
Thanks for sharing details of your build, love the car color also! I am guessing you only changed the anti-roll bar brackets to fit the suspension but not the bars themselves, which is an unnecessary expense for these cars.
Just a quick correction to your points above for more clarity to the forum, I rearranged the numbers..

F) Spring 70/180/65 - qty 2 - Front
E) Spring 140/200/65 - qty 2 - Rear

Front spring 70NM/mm, Rear spring 140 NM/mm and length of extended springs 180 and 200mm. I guess the 65 is diameter.
Those shocks are beautiful and the spring rates will give you a comfortable ride with some additional firmness. The KW MR competition on my car are quite stiffer and still very drivable on the road.

Suggest you try 13.4" and 13.6" Front and rear for ride height, measured from center of wheel hub to fender for the half mile..
Old 04-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Cm09578
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

CSF Intercoolers work great! I'm selling my Turbo S I have a set for sale in the marketplace if anyone is interested.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:41 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,934 Posts

I have your CSF radiators in my 996tt - very impressive build, watching it closely.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:46 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Big UPDATE!!

It's been over a month since I last updated progress on the car. A LOT has happened since middle of March.

From the last update:
Left off when the car was about 1/2 way done with the work GMG was assigned to complete. Getting the Ohlins Road&Track suspension set-up.
- Along w/ the suspension, the car got a laser alignment suitable for 1/2 mile racing. Slightly higher in the back so when the car squatted down under load it would level - we decide to set the suspension for the 1st shake down at medium position of the adjustability.

Ride height after Ohlins suspension upgrade & alignment

- Also - my good friends at Sparco come on board with a sweet deal on their SPX race seats. These seats are ~$3k each retail, and are worth every penny! Way more comfortable than the OEM seats, and they're also adjustable - I paired them with GMG seat bases. If you're looking for a race seat for your Turbo (or other P-car), and don't want to pay the crazy tax on a Porsche race bucket seat - this is the best alternative - so far one of the best mods on the car. Paired it with Scroth harnesses - the yellow on the harnesses is a nice touch to the yellow gauge cluster & chrono / breaks that are on the car. (Note: base seat cushion has to be sent out to an upholstery shop to get modified for 5-point harness connection (this was about $1k - kind of hurt)

Sparco SPX seat

GMG seat base to install the Sparco SPX seat

- WC roll cage from GMG was also installed - painted in matching titanium blue to match the wheels along with a fire extinguisher mounted on it with a billet quick release system from Brey Kraus. (this is now a requirement for Shift Sector and other 1/2 mile race series where the car is going over 180mph+

Sparco SPX seats / GMG WC roll bar in Advan GT titanium blue / Brey Kraus billet quick-release fire extinguisher mount

While the car was at GMG - I also had them tint the window and put XPEL windshield protective film on the car. (Note: if you want to put tint on your car + a roll bar, do it at the same time, otherwise if you put the bar in your car 1st, and then decide on tint, the bar has to come back out) - also removed back seats and carpeting for weight savings

How the car looked after being done at GMG - on the way back to Arizona

​​​​​​​Back to Arizona - EVOMS
At this point, the plan was to transport the car back to Arizona to @EVOMS with the safety and suspension bits installed - we decided on doing the wheels, new tires, and aero bits after the 1st 1/2 mile shakedown at the end of March at No Fly Zone - Arizona (3/30/19). Sam at EVOMS was going to do some final tweaks on the car.
(Shout out to Stefano at SGT transport - i've used him 3x now for multiple cars, 2 of them across country - great service)

Car on the way back to Arizona

- The plan was for Sam to have the car for about 5 days and then I would meet him at No Fly Zone for the car's 1st 1/2 mile race. During this time the OEM ECU was reinstalled briefly and the new Cobb PDK transmission software update was installed - car is now running the improved aggressive map - HUGE difference in the shifting smoothness after the update.

CSF intercoolers - custom intake piping in same thermal transfer gray coating + new carbon fiber Eventuri intake system (1st one in the USA)

Sam did some street testing with his Vbox after all his updates
  • 1/4 mile test w/ 3300' DA
  • in the back of his shop with no bumper, deck lid, or scoop
  • managed a 9.66 @152.76mph
  • Spinning through 1st 3 gears
So at the point, I guess we were ready for the 1st race!

End of March - No Fly Zone Arizona 1/2 mile race
- It was hot - temps past 90degreesF ambient + some cross-wind, and the track was very poorly prepped (dusty, rocks at the start / launching on pavement painting so even less traction, etc).
- Even with all of that - car managed a 183 and 184mph passes for the day - and consistent mid to high 170's all through the day.

EVOMS / Evospec / CSF cars lined up at No Fly Zone for testing

Top speed of the day for the CSF/EVOMS 991 Turbo S

At No Fly Zone - Arizona (3/30/19)
​​​​​​​

It was a good 1st shake down for the car... Next update will be happening this weekend - talking about all the work that happened in May + results from Shift Sector

I'll leave you all with a little teaser from after the body mods in April right before Shift Sector

CSF Cooling 991 Turbo S
Old 05-03-2019, 09:24 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Killer results , first time out !
Old 05-03-2019, 02:11 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That is most impressive; makes me happy I use both CSF and EVO products...

Bravo, great build!
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

APRIL RECAP

After coming back from No Fly Zone in Arizona w/ a great shake down under our belt, it was time to get the car ready for the big event - Shift Sector at the of April.

Here is a list of the big changes that we made during the month of April.

Custom rear wiper delete - So apparently nobody makes a rear wiper delete for 991. I checked bumper plugs.com, and the latest they go back is 996 (which I have on my 996tt) - My car is originally an Illinois car so the original owner opted for the rear wiper option. This looks terrible, and is added weight + not needed at all living in So-Cal. I had 2 options. The first was to replace the glass w/ new glass w/ no wiper. This would require me to remove the seats, cage and then retint the back window (which I had already done) - Seemed expensive, and I didn't want to go down this route - I opted for a semi-custom solution. I bought the 996 wiper delete plug, and then carefully set it in + siliconed around it - it almost fit perfectly, and it looks really good for what it is. (cost was about $50.00 to do this properly)

Before - Looks like ***

After

GT3RS side scoops + side skirts - both of these bits added to the car.
  1. Side air scoops - Double edge sword. Created more drag on the car, but also forced more air to the intercoolers for better efficiency + it looks awesome so that was my decision maker
  2. Side skirts - really gives the car a more aggressive stance (wider at the bottom)
The OEM satin black finish really works well against the agate gray - it pops just enough w/o standing out too much. Getting a lot of compliments on the subtle, yet impactful additions of these bits.

Porsche motorsports aero front lip - I wanted to add something to the front w/o having to go too drastic.. I have some more style plans for the front bumper which will be happening soon, but for now added the Porsche aerokit front lip - you can purchase this separately from Suncoast... (also painted in matching satin black, however for Shift Sector I ended up wrapping it in clear bra which happened to be gloss - will be changing to satin wrap soon)

Side skirts, front lip, and side scoops installed

Color contrast is just perfect

Wheels / Tires
Toyo Tires came on board as a sponsor of the car and got me a fresh set or R888R tires.
Front: 255/35/20
Rear: 315/30/20 (I tried to squeeze in 325's but it wasn't going to happen)

Matched it up w/ some baller titanium blue w/ machined ring Advan GT Premium wheels.
Front: 20x9.5 +45
Rear: 20x12 +44
- I had originally wanted the gold color, but they only had it in GT3RS sizing - I'm so glad I went with the blue. It's just the right amount of pop, but still keeps the car looking serious for the 1000whp that it's packing.
- Obviously choosing to run w/o center caps because race car

Suspension - After the 1st race, we decided to adjust the suspension to medium soft (about 25% less than where it was for the 1st race) - this would allow the car to squat down further during launching, and our thought process was that this would help with traction control. Combined with the fresh tires - it really worked well!!

991.2 rear bumper conversion- Working w/ Sterling Auto Con in Laguna Beach, CA - he's become a master at Cup conversions + otherPorsche body swaps - he did a great job helpingget the car ready both mechanically and esthetically - .2 bumper conversion w/ OEM smoked tail lights + shaved intercooler ducts + blacked out reflectors (in same OEM satin black) + no logos - makes the car look clean, mysterious, and up to date!

Car complete (before GT3RS side scoops and .2 conversion)

Super Street shoot after Shift Sector

Advan GT Premium CenterLock Wheels in titanium blue w/ machined ring on the CSF 991 Turbo S (rear wheels 20x12+44)

Advan GT Premium CenterLock Wheels in titanium blue w/ machined ring on the CSF 991 Turbo S (front wheels 20x9.5 +45)

Before we left for Shift Sector (1 week before) - I took the car for the 1st time completed to the famous SouthOC cars&coffee (in San Clemente, CA) - it was a great drive down PCH in the car - finally getting to enjoy it on some nice open so-cal roads early in the morning w/ little traffic - the car got a great response - met up with a photographer who asked if he could shoot the car the following day while he was in town - he was good!!

Chrome fire extinguisher on Brey Kraus quick-release roll-bar mount

991.2 rear conversion by Sterling AutoCon - w/ smoked tail lights

Advan GT Centerlock wheels (rear)

Sparco SPX seats w/ GMG WC roll bar

I'll be back with recap of Shift Sector!! Stay tuned
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (07-03-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 06:47 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Very neat build, I like the Advans.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:48 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Starting to get through all the custom visual mods that I'm planning on.

Front bumper - shaved the horizontal slats in the side air dams - added vents to all 3 openings.

Thoughts on this?? ya/nay?

Sterling Auto Con sent me this picture - I haven't seeing it in person yet - will update tomorrow + proper feedback from the last race at Shift Sector (sorry I'm slacking!)

Shaved slats + added mesh grills
Old 05-30-2019, 07:24 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Wow, looks sooooo aggressive! Yay from me for sure Ravi, looks fantastic!

Quick Reply: The 986whp 991TT build you've never heard of, until now!!