Sponsored by: Road Spy

PCNA CPO 991.1 TTS's

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 11:54 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by swoobie
14 TTS - CPO w/27k miles for $109... Sounds like a nice deal - you can't get that level of performance for anywhere near the money.
I know lol it sounds really good so I keep wondering if there's a catch. But the CPO warranty is bulletproof and this is a local car sold originally and serviced by the dealer. Has literally never left town, except for road trips of course. The last guy who owned it apparently lived right around the corner from me.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Check for undercarriage rust or any other cosmetic issues, as they affect the resale value a lot. If all fine, buy it. At 109 it is a steal IMO.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:00 AM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

4S is the tire to get if you can, unless you want to track frequently. Also beware of the dealer trying to sell you a bunch of packages like, pre-paid maint for X years/miles, keyfob/brake/headlight...insurance, the list goes on. The main worthwhile thing is full bumper to bumper OEM warranty, not third party, but you've already got CPO in the offing it sounds like. Get a PPI, there is always a reason for pricing that seems too good to be true. Learn the options, sport steering wheel vs multifunction, sunroof is another, all TTS have PCCB. Enjoy, I'm bias for the 2015 black non metallic TTS which sounds like mine
Old 12-30-2018, 03:51 AM
MFC993
Racer

Originally Posted by nolimits
4S is the tire to get if you can, unless you want to track frequently. Also beware of the dealer trying to sell you a bunch of packages like, pre-paid maint for X years/miles, keyfob/brake/headlight...insurance, the list goes on. The main worthwhile thing is full bumper to bumper OEM warranty, not third party, but you've already got CPO in the offing it sounds like. Get a PPI, there is always a reason for pricing that seems too good to be true. Learn the options, sport steering wheel vs multifunction, sunroof is another, all TTS have PCCB. Enjoy, I'm bias for the 2015 black non metallic TTS which sounds like mine
Yes I'm a sucker for black as well lol, but that GT Silver in person is very impressive.
The CPO's are formally through PCNA , both certified by them in the last month or two I believe. I had all the inspection printouts sent to me. Very comprehensive.
Local dealer is known as the dealership in town for Porsche enthusiasts, pretty legit been around 50 years or so.
Always have a great selection of TT's and GTRS spec cars. There is a '16 Martini livery GT3RS sitting next to the TTS in their showroom right now that is freakin' amazing. Hottest damn 911 I've ever seen.
What's interesting is the sticker on the local TTS when it came out of certification two months ago was 129.9 but no bites.
So we may just be seeing a softer market at the present time.
If so I'll do my best to help out lol .. as long as they toss in the Michelins
Old 12-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Manheim has the wholesale auction values for 2014 TTS coupe with 27k miles around $104g vs $123g for the 15 with 15k miles, so you're in the ballpark delta.

Really depends on which you like better and is in better condition.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:21 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Manheim has the wholesale auction values for 2014 TTS coupe with 27k miles around $104g vs $123g for the 15 with 15k miles, so you're in the ballpark delta.

Really depends on which you like better and is in better condition.
How do the Mannheim auction values take into account build values. 2014 TTS’s sticker between $186k and 196k, as example. I think the car in this discussion is a low optioned car.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:38 AM
MFC993
Racer

Originally Posted by mikemdd

How do the Mannheim auction values take into account build values. 2014 TTS’s sticker between $186k and 196k, as example. I think the car in this discussion is a low optioned car.
It was fairly low optioned yes.
GT Silver
Park Assist
Porsche Entry & Drive
Pre-option MSRP was $181,100
Old 01-02-2019, 10:45 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd

There's no accounting for original MSRP in the MMR value given by Manheim . These numbers are solely based on their auction results over the past year. The numbers I quoted are extrapolated value for cars with the mileage and overall condition I entered.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
There's no accounting for original MSRP in the MMR value given by Manheim . These numbers are solely based on their auction results over the past year. The numbers I quoted are extrapolated value for cars with the mileage and overall condition I entered.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:13 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by MFC993
Yes I'm a sucker for black as well lol, but that GT Silver in person is very impressive.
The CPO's are formally through PCNA , both certified by them in the last month or two I believe. I had all the inspection printouts sent to me. Very comprehensive.
Local dealer is known as the dealership in town for Porsche enthusiasts, pretty legit been around 50 years or so.
Always have a great selection of TT's and GTRS spec cars. There is a '16 Martini livery GT3RS sitting next to the TTS in their showroom right now that is freakin' amazing. Hottest damn 911 I've ever seen.
What's interesting is the sticker on the local TTS when it came out of certification two months ago was 129.9 but no bites.
So we may just be seeing a softer market at the present time.
If so I'll do my best to help out lol .. as long as they toss in the Michelins
Did you buy the car? Website says it sold
Old 01-04-2019, 08:36 PM
omegaSMP300
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Did a quick search and it looks like there are two 15 CPO TTS with 15k miles for ~135k and a 14 CPO with 15k miles for 125k. Probably other examples as well. Under 200k msrps but the necessary options are present. Prices still dropping a bit on the 991.1s with "more" miles not as much movement on .2s due to lower volume I think. A lot of performance for the price IMHO.

Quick Reply: PCNA CPO 991.1 TTS's