Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What is the best lithium battery to get for a GT3/GT2 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Scott- any update to when the new battery will be out?
Old 01-30-2019, 09:21 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

I’m going through the same process for my TTS. I’ll admit I am sorta brand loyal to Braille as I currently own three of them. Two AGM one Lithium. All three still working years later, zero issues. Open to new tech. Braille has tons of lithium batteries in Porsche cars without any reprogramming according to Braille. Over many years. Stock charging system is fine. Cold weather is fine. I’m leaning that way since their stock is abundant. Nothing against AG (might buy one), but having to wait on shipments and running out of stock makes me pause.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:01 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Old 01-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
Hi Guys, we are literally just days away from getting things together. We just need to make sure we have all materials together and set up accordingly to make sure everything goes smoothly once released. Thanks for your patience.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:26 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Just checked the 24 hours of Daytona. Braille Lithium everywhere. Took the Championship, etc. Porsche, Cadillac, BMW factory teams using Braille Lithium. That’s pushing me over the edge.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Buteo
Hi Guys, just a sneak peak. All the details to come shortly!

Old 02-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts

Antigravity, I'm sure you know this, but that last link does not work. Looking forward to your new product updates of course!
Old 02-10-2019, 08:48 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi Guys, just a sneak peak. All the details to come shortly!

Any updates on this? I see the new batteries on the website. I am assuming the H6/30Ah would work on a 991 TTS.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Antigravity, I'm sure you know this, but that last link does not work. Looking forward to your new product updates of course!
Originally Posted by kouzman
Any updates on this? I see the new batteries on the website. I am assuming the H6/30Ah would work on a 991 TTS.
Good morning everyone, so this here is a snip below from a post we did on the new battery found in this thread we posted on Renn https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...m-battery.html

Hi All,

Scott from Antigravity Batteries, I wanted to drop some information on our NEWEST Lithium Batteries... yes they are actually ground-breaking.

– We wanted to make the new battery accessible for more Vehicles and Customers. We found many people just wanted the EXACT SIZE that fit in their car. So that is what we did, the new batteries are a DIRECT OEM FIT. Meaning it is the same size as your stock battery, so you will not need a special tray or any other adapters or modifications to mount them. Being this is a GT3 Forum you guys will mostly ever be concerned with the H6/Group48 size battery. So we did that size and also the H5 and H7. Plus we will have Group 35 ,and Group 51 and expand out from there. But the "H" sizes are used in most all the Porsches, and other Euro Sports Cars including BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.... so these will fit them all.

– We have also made the batteries available in different amp hours. The Amp Hours Capacities available for the H6/Group48 model are 24Ah, 30Ah, and 40Ah. By offering different amp hours the Customer can choose a battery that is more tailored to what they are looking for. For example people who track and want the lightest weight possible might want the 24Ah (9.5lbs), a person who wants to have a solid Ah yet still benefit substantially from Lightweight can go with a 30Ah (11.5lbs) and a person who might have some Cameras, Radar Detectors and other stuff on the Car might want a 40Ah Battery (16lbs) TT Guys or SUV guys. Keep in mind if you use a 24Ah battery you will not have as much time that the car can sit in storage compared to a 40Ah model.

– SUPER COOL NEW FEATURE ALERT!!! So one of the ULTRA-COOL items we developed into this latest battery (yep, first in the world) is a WIRELESS KEYFOB REMOTE that is used to operate our RE-START built in Jump-Starting feature. If you are not familiar with our RE-START feature, its basically a built-in jump starting for the battery, so in the event you ever come back to a dead battery you can awaken the battery with the Keyfob and start the car and drive off. So in effect you would never be stranded with a dead battery.

- OK, let me set this up.... wait for it.......... Antigravity raises its arms in Triumph, applause from the smiling Porsche enthusiast crowd, some Unicorns dancing off to the side.... and states...... " WITH THIS KEYFOB, YOU WON"T EVER BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR FRUNK AGAIN!" crowd goes wild... fade to black. Ok, so maybe not so exciting for some of you, but it is a big deal for some of us. . First day I got my GT3, on a battery swap I locked myself out of the frunk and cursed how stupid it was to have to go to the Fuse Panel and energize the car to open the frunk, so with the new Keyfob just press the button on the Keyfob, the Battery then awakens and energizes your car to be ready for a Start or you can just open the Frunk.

- Weight of the Batteries H6/Group48 Case @24Ah is 9.8 lbs , H6/Group48 Case @30Ah is (11.5lbs) , H6/Group48 Case @40Ah is (16.5.5lbs).

-Availability.... finished production will be at the end of February we expect to be shipping in first week of March. We are initially doing the 24Ah and 40Ah models, the 30Ah Version will not be in until April. I currently have 10 pieces of H6 @24Ah models and 10 pieces of H6 @ 40Ah that we have used to take pictures, and develop Marketing materials, some we will be sent Industry people, but unfortunately that is not enough to openly sell them yet. So early March if not a week before we can start shipping.

-Pricing... The prices will range from $679 for the 24Ah Versions going up to $829.99 for the 40Ah Versions. Feel free to compare that to our competitors... we are over 1/3 to 1/2 less in cost with more advanced technology, built in protections that most don't offer, and just a more realistic and reasonable price point. We might offer pre-orders starting in week, but we are trying to get a hard landing date so we can make sure we ship when we say we will.

Some pictures are below... if you have any questions please let me know.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Jaskfri
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

1-Will there be a group purchase offer?
2- Can I still use my CTEK 4.3 battery maintainer?
Old 02-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jaskfri
1-Will there be a group purchase offer?
2- Can I still use my CTEK 4.3 battery maintainer?
Nothing at this time for a group buy as we're just try to make sure we can everything launched accordingly, there may of course be one down the road. CTEK puts out a really solid product but if I'm not mistaken that model might be for lead/acid so that would be a no and you'd want to get a version specifically for Lithium.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

This looks like really nice work, AG! I've been happy with my Braille, but if I had the chance to get another, I'd probably go with that!

I over-discharged the Braille by accident and had to run to town to buy a lead battery while I was at the track. This battery would have recovered nicely, and I wouldn't have to go through the recovery process to get the Braille working again.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

I'm a big fan of these 'stock sized' lithium batteries and I will be a future customer, thanks for the update!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Just checked the 24 hours of Daytona. Braille Lithium everywhere. Took the Championship, etc. Porsche, Cadillac, BMW factory teams using Braille Lithium. That’s pushing me over the edge.
No argument, Braille is in most Road Racing Cars, but if you are driving your car on the Street and doing Track, it is not really a great battery due to the lack of protections. But I'll give you some basic info below and you can take it as you will.

So for a Race team with a mechanic watching and maintaining the battery all the time, is quite a different use from a Sports/Passenger Cars used for Track, but also as regular Street Cars. They are dramatically different animals... The Braille Battery does not have any protections... so if there is an accidental over-discharge of the battery then you have potentially damaged your very expensive battery. Additionally without protections there are much higher chances of Thermal Runaway and worst case scenario fire. But the point being our Antigravity Battery has the full protections needed for the best in safety, long life, and not leaving you stranded. That means over-charge, over-discharge, thermal, and short circuit protection, as well as Cell Balancing. In terms of technology, Braille has none... its just the cells directly to the battery's terminals, we are light years ahead of that. We also make batteries that do not have the protections, and they are used for racing, but even our batteries without protections have Cell Balancing at a minimum. So I'm not knocking Race Batteries or Braille's quality as a Race battery.... but for real world Sports Cars and daily driver use it not even comparable.

I know Braille is big in the Road Race community.... which I understand most the Porsche guys including myself follow... but I would warn against thinking a battery that is winning races in race cars is what you want for your Porsche that you drive on the Street, or Track. Race Batteries are usually smaller to fit into compact areas, we make those also but I'm not going to recommend those batteries for people who are driving on the street. Its just not reliable enough.

I also understand many of you have not heard of us being we are entering our second year in pushing the "Street" side of things. But don't judge us on that...because we are actually more known and used than you may think. We sell quite a few more batteries than Braille, but its across a wider channel. For example we have 61,000 Facebook Likes, (yes I know , who gives a crap) Braille have 2,200 Facebook Likes. We have 7,000 followers on Instagram, they have 1,200 followers. Yes, I know these are not all encompassing metrics... but they do give you an idea of our penetration and fan base in comparison.

Last edited by Antigravity; 02-12-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Good comments Antigravity, some of us get caught up in 'race' thoughts who actually do street drive their cars much more regularly. I for one am interested in the protections for my 'real world' use case.

Quick Reply: What is the best lithium battery to get for a GT3/GT2 RS?