Sponsored by: Road Spy

Front Axle Lift system fault

Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 PM
bimbim
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Axle Lift system fault

Hi All,

Here is my first post, please bear with me if I said something wrong.

I just got a 2017 911 Turbo S last week, only has 5000 miles on it, It came with a lot of upgraded factory options, including the Front Axle Lift option. This is my first Porsche, super excited to have this and join this forum!

After only having a car for a few days, I noticed the FAL stopped working (was working earlier when I got the car). Whenever I activate it, dashboard shows car is being raised or lowered, but physically it is not moving (there is some hydraulic noise at the front part of the car). When I drive the car, dashboard also shows "Lift System Fault, Service required". So I brought to local dealer here yesterday and was told today that the hydraulic cylinder is leaking and needs to be replaced. It is covered under warranty, but I have to wait till next week to get my car back as they don't have the part in stock. Obviously, I was pretty upset, as I paid a lot for the car, just got it for a few days and already have a problem within a week (considering it is a relatively new car too)

Questions to Rennlister:
1) Should I be worried about this FAL problem? Anyone else with this problem and can share experience? Is this common problem? Is there more to this hydraulic leak (like something else as root cause)?
2) Is this going to affect anything else on the car?
3) Is there any way I can check history of the car maintenance/repair service? Wondering if previous owner had same issue before.

Glad to have this forum to help anxious new owner like me. So thank you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Axle Lift system fault