Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Some questions before I purchase a 991.1 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1116792-some-questions-before-i-purchase-a-991-1-a.html)

miky360 12-05-2018 12:52 PM

Some questions before I purchase a 991.1

Looking to purchase a 991.1 T/Ts but I have a few questions prior. This is my first car of this caliber so I really want to do it right the first time.

I’m looking to add adaptive cruise control from Porsche as most of the ones I see for sale didn’t get that option. Is it doable? And now is it doable with a GT3 RS front conversion? GT3 RS is out of my budget and I’m also not interested in the NA models.

And my orher question is the PDK. The .1s are push to shift up and the .2s are pull to shift up (the proper way). Is there a software update I could possibly do to have my .1 pull to shift instead of push? I’m not too keen on the paddles as I can get flustered on low speed corners lol

Dennis C 12-05-2018 02:42 PM

I can’t help you with your first two questions, but I know that a Cobb PDK tune will address your third concern.

Harry Da Hamster 12-05-2018 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by miky360 (Post 15476646)
I’m looking to add adaptive cruise control from Porsche as most of the ones I see for sale didn’t get that option. Is it doable? And now is it doable with a GT3 RS front conversion? GT3 RS is out of my budget and I’m also not interested in the NA models.

Possible and feasible are totally different. Might be possible, but i doubt it will be feasible.

Originally Posted by miky360 (Post 15476646)
And my orher question is the PDK. The .1s are push to shift up and the .2s are pull to shift up (the proper way). Is there a software update I could possibly do to have my .1 pull to shift instead of push? I’m not too keen on the paddles as I can get flustered on low speed corners lol

Cobb Accessport with Sequential Shift PDK map. As dumb as this sounds, i will only go with Cobb because of this and the neutral with the pull of both paddles.

*IF COBB IS READING* I'm hoping they can make the Sequential Shift map available with no neutral coasting and with the aggressive/high torque shift firmness. The neutral coasting feature from the factory program is incredibly irritating, especially with an exhaust.

znammz911TTS 12-06-2018 12:33 AM

hey my 2014 TTS is for sale lol

Jim M. 12-06-2018 01:13 AM

I find the paddles much easier than the shifter, as long as you don't have the multifunctional steering wheel. Plus both hands stay on the steering wheel when using the paddles. Lastly the PDK is so good you really can't shift better than it can in almost every situation.

Penn4S 12-06-2018 05:38 AM

I have a 991.1 without adaptive cruise control and don't think I would ever consider going through the cost or aggravation of adding it but I don't use cruise at all now.
I have the Cobb tune with the PDK Update. The shift pattern changes only if you install the Aggressive tune vs the Sport tune. I prefer the Sport tune as I find it more drivable daily.
Lastly if you want it to look like a GT3RS get the GT3 instead. The TTS is a beautiful car in .1 or .2 versions.

hcvone 12-06-2018 08:42 AM

My dealer talked me out of adaptive cruise control, driving in friends tts's with ACC I find that it applies the brakes far too often when cars are not really that close, I really do not find myself using cruise control in my performance cars at all. And as said if you go with COBB, like I did, there is no reason to shift manually, you can, but you can not beat the shifts from COBB as said

slink 12-06-2018 10:31 AM

Back when I was looking at used Turbo S cars, I couldn't find many with ACC. I asked my dealer if Adaptive Cruise could be added later. They said that it can't be done.

I ended up ordering new, with ACC. I use it in moderate to heavy traffic and during our road trips on the Interstate highways. Works beautifully. I live in an area of endless winding, hilly roads, so I get plenty of time with the gas pedal.

I am a big fan of adaptive cruise. Best automotive invention since the windshield wiper. Seriously.

BMS 12-07-2018 01:46 PM

I test drove an Alfa Romeo with ACC and I have to say I got hooked. My 991.1 TTS doesn't have it thought :(

Top Jimmy 12-07-2018 04:49 PM

Love the ACC on my 2014 TTS. It has saved my bacon a couple times.

-TJ

Dr Chill 12-08-2018 06:22 AM

My daily driver Audi A8L has adaptive cruise control and it is great during my 55 mile commute to and from work on I-95. However, if the bulk of your miles are not from highway usage, I think ACC is an expensive unnecessary option.

It did give me a scare a few weeks ago though when on a curved section of highway with me passing a car on the left from the middle lane, it interpreted that car to be in my lane and jammed on the brake suddenly causing my wife to flip out on me because she thought I did it.

rodsky 12-08-2018 11:41 AM

I have it on my car and have never used it :). I dont really do long freeway commutes etc. How do u even use it?

Hothonda 12-08-2018 12:21 PM

ACC: Have it on a an Acura MDX, Toyota Land Cruiser and 991TT.....never used it on any.

abiazis 12-08-2018 07:33 PM

ACC great on long trips......but that is it.....

Papa Fittig 12-09-2018 03:28 AM

Like others said I have ACC on my other cars, but not on my TTS. I do not use it or miss it.
As for PDK it is beter IMO to use paddles. Coming from MT cars using PDK shifter is unreal. Paddles are fun.