Sponsored by: Road Spy

Some questions before I purchase a 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I agree with everything said here.

1. If you want ACC then be patient and wait for a car equipped with it. Perhaps @stealthpilot will sell you his so he can get a 991.2 TTS?

2. Making a TTS look like a GT3RS will cost a lot and kill the value at the same time. AVOID. Plenty of mods that can be done to a TTS to make it look more aggressive.

3. COBB PDK tune on .1 or try and find a .2 TTS with the updated shift pattern.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:07 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I had ACC on my '14 and I loved it...for highway driving when there's traffic (up to and including near stop and go) it's the bomb. It works well for highway driving conditions local to me but other places in the country that I've been probably less so...there are limits on its capability.

It doesn't do a very good job on surface streets with a lot of cars turning in front of you often -- it sees the closure rate change as someone goes around the corner ahead of you and applies way more break than needed when you can clearly see that having made the turn the car ahead would be long gone by the time you get to the corner. I'm guessing it's also less useful in places where highway drivers like to fill any gap that looks like it's a car length or more...it's minimum follow distance is more than one car length at most highway speeds so when you're sitting in the left lane waiting for that slow poke to get out way sometimes people cut in front and that makes it space out more whereupon someone else cuts in and it spreads out...rinse repeat.

The .1 shift lever is backwards and no there isn't a s/w update for that -- believe me, I asked that several times. It was annoying enough that I just never used that...but then the paddles on the wheel work as well or better so for me it was no hardship.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:07 PM
miky360
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys for all your input! The ACC is 100% for long drives and road trips. I got hooked from a Cadillac CT6 rental on a 6hr road trip. I plan to add a lot of mileage on the car AND the closest track to me is about 2hr drive. I find myself usually exhausted at the end of the day and would really not have to worry about the drive back. From the sound of it, I should just be patient and wait for a car to come up with ACC.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:38 PM
marsh1
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Been where you are. Hard to wait once you make up your mind. Be patient and the right car will come along.

Quick Reply: Some questions before I purchase a 991.1