Sponsored by: Road Spy

2 post lift position for TS in shallow garage

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 07:02 AM
Bruce H.
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 2 post lift position for TS in shallow garage

I have a '19 TS on order and will need to have a lift installed before it arrives. My garage, a reno'd 1860 coach house, is very shallow at only 17' inside so the positioning of the posts is going to be critical. What I'm looking for is the measurement from the center of the post to the front tip of the car, or in other words, how far back from the front wall of the garage does the center of the posts need to be. If a couple of folks could measure their's and the model of lift they have I would appreciate it. I imagine each lift might vary depending on the arm design. Here's the lift I have in another home that I would prefer to use again. Also, I'm hoping when the car is lined up to be lifted that the door position isn't too difficult to open to get in and out of as I won't be able to park it back a couple of feet when normally parking under the lift as the car would then be hanging out of the garage. Thanks in advance.
http://www.directlift.com/Two-Post-L...-9F-P43C8.aspx

Bruce
Old 11-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Bruce H.
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Change of plans...I have just enough room for a 4 post and will go that route to provide more flexibility for different vehicles I might want to lift.

Admins, please delete thread. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2 post lift position for TS in shallow garage