Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Autumn is here, with winter approaching.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 11:39 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Autumn is here, with winter approaching.

With the end of my first driving season almost here I have to say this Guards Red 991.2 TTS has been a joy to drive. A little over 3000 miles on the clock and I haven't had one issue. Engine is strong very fast to be exact. And when you have the car in
sport plus mode and hit the performance button, you almost have to shut the car down after two gear shifts because it just isn't safe. The car is extremely fast that's why I'll probably never tune the car. You can't use all the power that comes
with it stock. Other than that it is a great car with an unparalleled performance bar none. My future mods are changing the tires to Michelins in the spring along with an upgrade to the Europipe exhaust. I loved my past EU exhaust from Stef and I'm sure I'll love the new one he has for the 991.2. It won't be long before I have to garage the car due to snow and ice, but that's life here in New England. My props to those who drive in the winter with snow tires. It just wouldn't be me.
Jay

Old 11-12-2018, 12:09 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite time of the year to drive a turbo car is on a nice , cold winter morning. Turbos love the dense air and make even more power.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:44 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

Beautiful pictures and love the aero kit.

This is my first year with The TTS. I picked up some wheels and snow tires and I am going to use the car during the winter at will. In the past I’ve always just driven a little bit during the winter when there was no snow. This year I will use it more.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:15 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

My car has had winter tires mounted for a few weeks! I had some nice time behind the wheel yesterday. We got five or six inches of snow today, so it stayed in the garage.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:10 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

What is the "performance" button you speak of in the OP?
Old 11-12-2018, 02:20 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Great car with nice touches e.g the wheels and the black wing. Enjoy!
Old 11-12-2018, 11:56 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwlmd
What is the "performance" button you speak of in the OP?
The performance button is the small black button in the center of the Mode Switch. Also called the Sport Response Button. It's like hitting Launch Control while driving. An amazing feature.

Jay
Old 11-13-2018, 07:52 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Just found out 1-4 inches of snow coming Thursday late afternoon. Question I have for those who do drive in the snow, does this cause unnecessary wear on the front spoiler? It would seem to me that with these cars being low to the ground that
the snow if high enough would put additional pressure on the spoiler. Just my thoughts. Wanted to hear from those who do drive in the winter.

Jay

Quick Reply: Autumn is here, with winter approaching.