Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

do88 Bigpack Porsche 991 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:08 AM
do88 performance
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, for anyone reading this thread. Apparently there´s something called Black Friday that vendors seem to take part of. It has made its way over that little pond to Sweden. We always thought Brown Tuesday had a better ring to it, but who are we to judge? Anyway, for anyone interested in some proper cooling goodies we will have a massive SALE this weekend, starting Friday. 18 % discount on bloody everything. It will not get any cheaper than this so make sure to get advantage of this offer now! #BrownTuesday #BlackFriday

Regards
Isak, do88.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:25 PM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive video...lol.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:06 AM
znammz911TTS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little late to the party but how much is the complete package, USD, with the plenum? can you PM me the price with that 18%.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:33 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Raucky
Very impressive video...lol.
Lol thanks I had no idea VMAX in UK even videoed this sort of stuff until I was speaking to the MD at Auto Vivendi who run the event. Hopefully next year March if in the UK I will run against a few quicker cars. 720s would be nice to run against. I'm sure I wont see which way it goes!
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 AM
do88 performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by znammz911TTS
A little late to the party but how much is the complete package, USD, with the plenum? can you PM me the price with that 18%.
PM´d.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 AM
do88 performance
Former Vendor

bump.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by IMI A
Sure mod set up on 2007 manual 997 turbo - stock ecu and pretty mild bolt ons which is amazing considering the extra performance:

1. GT2 hybrid VTG turbos with 66mm compressor wheel

2. do88 turbo inlet pipes

3. GT2 RS intercoolers (since upgraded to do88 big pack intercoolers)

4. IPD high flow Y-Pipe, 82 mm IPD Intake Plenum with GT3 Throttle Body

5. Europipe 2 sports 100 cel exhaust

6. Sachs 890Nm clutch

7. 997t short shift

8. H&R - 20 mm sports lowering springs with TPC DSC module and GT2 RS rear anti roll bar

9. 19 inch BBS F1 alloys with 245 and 325 section Cup 2s

10. Stock engine and gearbox

Vid below shows me trapping 201- 206mph before I installed the coolers. I've only had one run so far with the do88 big pack intercoolers installed March 18 and hit 215mph VMAX 100m before the measurement beams! Sadly wet so I couldn't slow down and ended up in farmers field. Nothing serious but decided to treat myself to a full respray now she's 11 years old so I've only just got her back since that run. Will get more data next year when weather improves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uKOqutlLV8
Since you have run before and after on the same runway, would you happen to have datalogs or graphs you could post of the 2 runs to compare? Be it Cobb, durametric or Performance logger.. Any real life data gains vs. a GT2 RS intercooler up to 300kph+ and I am in.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 AM
IMI A
Banned

Originally Posted by Jean

Since you have run before and after on the same runway, would you happen to have datalogs or graphs you could post of the 2 runs to compare? Be it Cobb, durametric or Performance logger.. Any real life data gains vs. a GT2 RS intercooler up to 300kph+ and I am in.
Hi, Only have one data log for the single run at second VMAX with the big pack d088 so was going to wait till March when I run again so I can get more data. VMAX now being run at RAF Kendrew as was my one and single run at this new venue.

Those previous runs like against 488, 675lt and Huracan were at Bruntingthorpe also run by same organisers of VMAX but unfortunately they have moved. From start to trap beams the same distance just that Bruntingthorpe has a slight incline all the way so much harder on the cars and a bit slower. RAF Kendrew has only half the run off area hence a few cars ended in the farmers field on a wet day inc me

I'll see if I can find an early run on a wet day from Bruntigthorpe so you're comparing as close as poss but the incline doesn't sound like much but it really has an effect over 1.3 miles. Happy to put up datalogs and 0-300kph and find something if you'd like. 60-300kph at Bruntigthorpe has be 20 secs for as long as i can remember never gone quicker or slower than this. On very first run I think 60-300kph was something like 18/19 secs and this was just a sighter run. i was just trying to see what conditions were like rather than go mad acceleration wise. I hope to run 17 secs 60-300kph in March. Jean I remember your car you posted a vid. Don't think i've ever seen such a fast VTG car if its the same vid I'm thinking of.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:05 PM
IMI A
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jean

I managed to find two fairly comparable data logs. The one in 2017 with GT2 RS coolers at Elvington in the Standing Mile and 2018 with do88 big pack at RAF Kendrew over 1.3 miles. It was a slightly warmer day at Elvington maybe 10-12C. At RAF Kendrew it was like 7-8C. I don't know how to read logs properly so be interesting to hear your thoughts. I'm not affiliated to do88 in any way.

Attached Files
File Type: xls
2017_09_17_11_39_33.xls (308.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: xls
2018_03_10_16_53_41.xls (692.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 12-16-2018, 08:31 AM
pepinozaur
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

There is a big difference betweend those two files the second one shows way lower timing retard, better IAT, better EGT, almost everything is better.

Maybe try to add a 4bar MAP sensor to show actual boost, as this one is limited to 2.5bar (1.5bar absolute), also timing seems on the low side, maybe more timing with better fuel should work to get even better performance, way better.

Your IATs are getting above 50C in both cases, that means ECU will retard timing/lower hp... I would get a meth kit and inject to keep IATs happy and power climbing or at least at the same level till the top speed.
The following users liked this post:
4flynlow (12-17-2019)
Old 12-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by IMI A
I managed to find two fairly comparable data logs. The one in 2017 with GT2 RS coolers at Elvington in the Standing Mile and 2018 with do88 big pack at RAF Kendrew over 1.3 miles. It was a slightly warmer day at Elvington maybe 10-12C. At RAF Kendrew it was like 7-8C. I don't know how to read logs properly so be interesting to hear your thoughts. I'm not affiliated to do88 in any way.
Thank you this is very helpful, regardless of the ambient temps there is already substantial information that can be very useful. A lot of what Pepinoazur said...

Your intake temperature with the GT2RS coolers maxes out at 24C above ambient whereas the DO88 max out around 22C vs. ambient.. So to begin with they do better than the GT2RS coolers, the gap is not huge but it is already a good sign. Also concerning timing retardation, the GT2RS coolers are causing the engine to protect itself more than with the DO88 coolers via timing retardation, which also translates into lower performance. It seems to be more a function of larger airflow than fin quality vs. the GT2RS (which we all know are high quality with good density)

I am assuming this is the same exact tune for both runs.
Thanks for posting!
Old 12-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pepinozaur
Your IATs are getting above 50C in both cases, that means ECU will retard timing/lower hp... I would get a meth kit and inject to keep IATs happy and power climbing or at least at the same level till the top speed.
A small observation, IATs do not need to go above 50C for the ECU to retard timing, it can happen at lower temps and also not happen at higher temps, it is a function of several things including what is the targeted timing of the tune. That information started through some great insights obtained by TB993TT on a 997GT2 tested on RS Tuning engine dyno a few years back, I know it has been repeated very often on the forum but it is not totally accurate for all engines and different tunes.

Concerning EGTs, they are calculated, not actual EGTs so they do not mean much. You need to add a probe to get real measurement.
The following users liked this post:
4flynlow (12-17-2019)
Old 12-16-2018, 10:56 AM
IMI A
Banned

Thanks for the advice guys and yes exact same tune Jean

I didn’t post Bruntingthorpe IATs with GT2 RS coolers as on the last of 25-30 back to back runs IATs went as high as 72C

re Intake temps I have a 2-3 hour drive to events then straight in so cars always hot and there are always big queues so sometimes I’m starting with IATs at 50C in Summer.

On both those runs exactly the same tune, and both first runs of the day on flat surfaces so yes almost like for like. I’m interested to see how high temps get if I manage a full day of running with the do88.

Both runs using MS 109. 9e have left 20% off the table to protect stock engine. Tempted just to do the rods and then leave it as is maybe seeing if I can get her to run as well on 99 octane pump fuel.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:59 AM
pepinozaur
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

@ Jean Thats correct Jean, good observation, what I meant was true for maybe 99% of the tunes, if IAT is >50C then will retard timing. As you said, of course some other conditions can trigger retarding power, I can think of so many: engine load, AFR, boost level or even oil pressure or outside temps if somebody wants that, the newer the ECU, the better. In my GT-R I can do almost any IF condition to protect engine or increase power, truly amazing these new ECUs as even a MOTEC or Syvecs not needed anymore for most cars, even some extreme builds. On the other hand, my 996tt has just very few of these features, and I am using a PLEX boost controller to have some stand-alone functionalities, I had even one Syvecs bought for that the 996tt, but still not giving up on Todd's K tune

@IMI A - do just rods+headstuds and gaskets, thats enough for 1000hp.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Bruce H.
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Would the most significant IAT challenges under lapping conditions be volume of outside airflow to the IC, or IC fin design, or pressure drop through the IC and piping? I used to track a modified MR2 Turbo with insufficient airflow to the IC so upgrading the IC design was of limited benefit since it would still heat soak (just a lap later), nor did larger IC pipes have much effect, but the water-methanol injection just ahead of the throttle body seemed very effective. Just wondering where the TTS most significant weak points are.

Quick Reply: do88 Bigpack Porsche 991 Turbo!