Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   First time P Car owner with 991.1 TTS (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1108535-first-time-p-car-owner-with-991-1-tts.html)

korntera 10-29-2018 04:32 PM

First time P Car owner with 991.1 TTS

Hello all, I just purchased my first P Car on Saturday(technically I had an 04 Cayenne S, but its not a car). Went with a 2014 CPO from Porsche Beaverton. Was originally looking for a newer C4 GTS but decided to step up to the big boy toy as my current car is a Ferrari California Turbo and my wife drives a 16' BMW X5M with two turbos and my daily is a 18' Raptor also with two turbos. I have only driven the car for a day but im ready to get ride of the Ferrari. I have a back seat that is larger(for kids) better acceleration, better wet weather handling(I live in Portland OR so it rains a few days of the year) and i feel much more confident in the reliability of the Porsche as well.
Decided on the 2014 Turbo S they had for $135K with less than 9K miles and new tires and flawless paint. It has red interior which i wasn't a fan of until i saw it in person, if i could change anything that would be it. Its a pretty optioned out car I think as it had a $199K original MSRP. So far the thing is insane, I made my mother in law sweat and all we did was a few blasts up the street and back and my father in law couldn't even talk as we accelerated, my wife who is 7 months pregnant wanted to go home after a quick pass through the round about and a 10-90 rolling acceleration.
I was a high performance driving instructor with Hooked on Driving, BMW Club and Alfa club here in Portland OR but have not done more than a track day in the past two years due to a temporary relocation and our first kid and getting ride of my track car a 2005 Lotus Elise. I have had my Ferrari on Track at The Ridge and PIR as well as my X5M on track at PIR(runs a 1:33.1). I have a few friends that tried to convince me to go Turbo S a while ago and i should have listened(sorry Eric and Neil and Tom) but after only a day am so damn excited to own this thing!
If i look off in my photo its because i spend 4 hours at the dealer since they were backed up and had my appendix removed three days earlier so i was still in recovering mode, and still am.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...742eadcf29.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2a221cd6d8.jpg

I may want to do a fabspeed exhaust and cobb access port, does anybody know if this would void CPO warranty?

How are PCCB's on track for wear and tear, I know its about $25K to replace all rotors and pads on my Ferrari and i plan on doing at least 5 - 10 track days per year in the Turbo S. Should i switch back to steelies?

edkwon 10-29-2018 04:48 PM

Cobb AP can potentially void CPO warranty if you have drivetrain issues later. Exhaust is unlikely

Elliott991TS 10-29-2018 04:48 PM

Congrats on a very clean car! Beautiful!

I have Kline headers and exhaust with 200 cell cats with Cobb tune, from Sam by Design, on my CPO '14 TTS. Insanely fast and sounds awesome when on the gas, but otherwise very tame around town. Cobb tune can be uninstalled and reinstalled easily. Haven't heard of any warranty issues but no guarantee there would not be a warranty problem.

Someone here will probably comment on the PCCB's on the track, I'm just a Sunday driver :)

Good luck and be safe

edkwon 10-29-2018 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by edkwon (Post 15395356)
Cobb AP can potentially void CPO warranty if you have drivetrain issues later. Exhaust is unlikely

A lot of PCCB owners swap back to Steelies for track duty to preserve their PCCBs....but that is purely up to you.

abiazis 10-29-2018 09:32 PM

Congrats, awesome car...best of luck with it....would go to steels for track work..

Big Swole 10-29-2018 09:45 PM

Well you bought the right color for sure!!

Love my 997.2TTS, but so want a 991 TTS as well. Love that car!

Enjoy

Dennis C 10-29-2018 10:13 PM

Congrats! Great way to start off your Porsche experience!

bigrpowr 10-29-2018 10:39 PM

welcome from another eco boost raptor owner, get with Sam @ By-Design Auto and he will guide you properly, giving you all your options, you can trust his recommendations.

SamboTT@ByDesign 10-29-2018 11:12 PM

Cheers gentleman. Congrats Korn! Feel free to reach out I’d love to answer any questions you have and detailed and see if I can help you enjoyed the car even more!

neil.schneider 10-30-2018 12:20 AM

Congrats on the car. Is the interior red and black or just red?

korntera 10-30-2018 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by neil.schneider (Post 15396369)
Congrats on the car. Is the interior red and black or just red?

red interior and black extended I think is what the dealer called it. All I cared about was seat ventilation and backup camera. My 210k Ferrari California Turbo doesn’t even come with a backup camera!

Papa Fittig 10-30-2018 02:24 AM

Congrats on your P-car to own! Great introduction and pics!

Td33 10-30-2018 11:41 AM

Nice choice and write up. These turbo cars are just pure fun. Like many have said give Sam a call. You won’t regret it!

Penn4S 10-30-2018 02:14 PM

Congrats, beautiful car and color (I may be a little biased). I have the Europipe exhaust and have had Kline Iconel also. Both beautifully made and sound amazing.

I also have the Cobb AP installed on my TTS (2nd one had one in a previous car). The tune and the PDK update are terrific. Gives the car the shifting character it should have from the factory. I think Cobb is a very user/car friendly tune and these cars are rock solid for this type of tune. Drive in good health.

mwlmd 10-30-2018 02:45 PM

Congrats! I saw that car when I was in for service on mine. Beautiful. If you ever want to hear the Europipe exhaust paired with COBB stage 2 in person let me know and we can meet up!

Matt