Sponsored by: Road Spy

Opinions on future purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 11:19 AM
dannyss
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by GreginNH
I sure hope you don't wait 'til spring for your first test drive. As a former Montrealer, I still have nightmares of pot holes that can swallow cars!
GreginNH,
Good point.
I'd really like to try the TT, but know that it would not be the one I would buy if I choose the TT. Being a 2014 I would like to get a newer one. 2015 or 2016 MY. I need to see and feel the difference between the 3.8l TT and the other 2 engines.
Danny
Old 11-03-2018, 11:22 AM
dannyss
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by edkwon
I would vote for the newer 2017 C4S as it is the newer twin turbo 6 and has plenty of power and torque, especially over the N/A C4GTS
EDKwon,
We might even be looking at a 991.2 C4GTS. A few things have to be settled budget wise before we make that decision. What appeals to me about the 3.0l TT is the potential for tuning.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:37 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyss
I feel a bit put-off by their attitude. When we told the salesman that the TT was our number 1 choice at their dealership, he said 'no problem, let's scedule a test drive, the car will be outside all ready for you'. Then 2 days later says it won't happen with the colder weather. I left him a voice mail the next day, asking him to call me back since the weather was to be warmer that day, no call back.
I'm tempted to just drop them for now, wait it out and see if I could find another one.
It's quite simple for me...i buy cars from people i click with. every car i have I have bought that way...they all have a person and a story behind them. that is true with my TTS... i bought it from Lamborghini Dealer....and not from Porsche, why? because over the years we have become friends...in fact, that is why I ended up with a Lambo. my plan originally was to get a 488 however, while Ferrari was nice, they said i have to buy a used 458 to be part of the "family" and get prioritized. my son told me we should go to Lambo and see their cars. We were "family" the minute we walked in the door. Bought a car that day and the dealership has been watching out for me ever since. So even though the Porsche had a CPO car, i still bought the TTS from Lambo granted it was a bit cheaper. i guess the point of my story is you should never buy a car from a dealer who treats you like that, even if it's the perfect car, because when there are are glitches they will treat you like crap....find another car/dealer....
Old 11-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyss
EDKwon,
We might even be looking at a 991.2 C4GTS. A few things have to be settled budget wise before we make that decision. What appeals to me about the 3.0l TT is the potential for tuning.
I have one available by the way...

https://www.porschefresno.com/new/Porsche/2018-Porsche-911-ff47c08c0a0e0ae962e47c653e2ab574.htm

Quick Reply: Opinions on future purchase