My 991.2 Turbo Project - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

My 991.2 Turbo Project

Old 10-09-2018, 11:53 PM
  #1  
bigrpowr
User
Thread Starter
 
bigrpowr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 367
Default My 991.2 Turbo Project

I just got a white 991.2 Turbo with 1400 miles on it , in MINT condition , drove it stock for a week or so, really, really nice car compared to my 997.1 . not nearly as fast as it was modded very heavy on E85 , but way more refined . Anyway , first step was letting Sam @ By-Design do Kline Inconel Headers , Inconel Catless Exhaust with Mufflers, By-Design Intercoolers and a Cobb access port. Stock dyno results were 515/575 and after these mods on 91 octane and a stage 1 tune , it made 565 hp and 625 torque, and sounds way better. Can't wait to drive it tomorrow. Here's the dyno video at World Motorsports :

bigrpowr is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 05:40 AM
  #2  
PPFANBOY
User
 
PPFANBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 94
Default

Nice. I have the same setup.

The backfiring- was that in Sports mode? Assuming so as I don't get it at all in Sports +
PPFANBOY is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:46 AM
  #3  
Andy3
New User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Wow, sounds great. Was it custom tuned, or does the Cobb tune take into account the mods?
Andy3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:57 AM
  #4  
hcvone
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Town of Webb, NY/Huntingdon Valley, PA
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
I just got a white 991.2 Turbo with 1400 miles on it , in MINT condition , drove it stock for a week or so, really, really nice car compared to my 997.1 . not nearly as fast as it was modded very heavy on E85 , but way more refined . Anyway , first step was letting Sam @ By-Design do Kline Inconel Headers , Inconel Catless Exhaust with Mufflers, By-Design Intercoolers and a Cobb access port. Stock dyno results were 515/575 and after these mods on 91 octane and a stage 1 tune , it made 565 hp and 625 torque, and sounds way better. Can't wait to drive it tomorrow. Here's the dyno video at World Motorsports :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK2Gh7BxJU0
Now if you also got a 100 octane tune, try a few tanks of that, Sam game me 100 tune, we have 100 octane on tap at a local Sunoco station, The extra 50 plus whp takes the car to another place. I think you mean 665 hp and 625 tq
hcvone is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:29 PM
  #5  
bigrpowr
User
Thread Starter
 
bigrpowr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
Now if you also got a 100 octane tune, try a few tanks of that, Sam game me 100 tune, we have 100 octane on tap at a local Sunoco station, The extra 50 plus whp takes the car to another place. I think you mean 665 hp and 625 tq
yeah we have 100 on tap here too and i will do that unless i can get an E85 map. for now i'm limited to just a 91 and 93 map .
bigrpowr is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM
  #6  
bigrpowr
User
Thread Starter
 
bigrpowr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 367
Default

Added black wheels , paint matched the air ducts and painted the exhaust tips black, happy so far.

bigrpowr is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 01:25 AM
  #7  
neil.schneider
User
 
neil.schneider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey(outside Phila)
Posts: 691
Default

Geez. I didn’t know the exhaust glows like that.
neil.schneider is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:21 AM
  #8  
Raucky
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 125
Default

Cool project, as I'm debating doing the same thing and trading off my gt3.
Raucky is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:08 PM
  #9  
bigrpowr
User
Thread Starter
 
bigrpowr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by neil.schneider View Post
Geez. I didnĺt know the exhaust glows like that.
pretty sure the inconel only does that .
bigrpowr is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:13 AM
  #10  
hcvone
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Town of Webb, NY/Huntingdon Valley, PA
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
yeah we have 100 on tap here too and i will do that unless i can get an E85 map. for now i'm limited to just a 91 and 93 map .
E85 would be great, it's just not near me but 100 works just fine, it's expensive, but so is everything Porsche
hcvone is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:44 AM
  #11  
carguy84
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Burlington, MA - NMB, SC
Posts: 25
Default

were you spraying the intercoolers?
carguy84 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:12 PM
  #12  
bigrpowr
User
Thread Starter
 
bigrpowr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by carguy84 View Post
were you spraying the intercoolers?
no they were literally just put on. sam said there was still small amount of coolant left in them from the machining process.
bigrpowr is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:29 PM
  #13  
rodsky
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rodsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 1,952
Default

Sooo, whats the verdict? How does it drive etc.? Looks and sounds fantastic btw - congrats.. I really like the black wheels on the white and the black exhaust tips.
rodsky is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:29 PM
  #14  
bigrpowr
User
Thread Starter
 
bigrpowr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
Sooo, whats the verdict? How does it drive etc.? Looks and sounds fantastic btw - congrats.. I really like the black wheels on the white and the black exhaust tips.
so far so good, only running a 93 octane tune , have to mix in 100 to get there since cali doesn't have 93 . the car is really strong, and the PDK is unreal. it's really smooth and refined coming from my 997.1TT , i am very happy, and yes it's really fast , and the Kline exhaust is insane. it goes from virtually stock to super angry very nicely, i am really happy with it. considering adding springs , then turbos and E85 and that will be about it. come on Sam get me the E85 tune !
bigrpowr is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:41 PM
  #15  
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Big Swole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA area
Posts: 1,695
Default

As usually with stuff, you're not wasting any time modding..lol

Congrats!

I'm still holding out. Dying to do a tune though.
Big Swole is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: