Catless exhaust = CEL? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Catless exhaust = CEL?

Old 09-26-2018, 11:02 PM
kouzman
User

This is what I see with my scanner. Catalyst monitor and oxygen sensors show ok. The only ones that I have as N/A are the A/C refrig mon and htd catalyst. It gives the test as a pass.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:04 AM
sechsgang
Addict
Rennlist Member

200 cell cats and you'll never have a problem, tune or no tune...I ran cat-less with GIAC and always had a CEL on my 991.1 and that sucked. Hate lights. the fabspeed 02 sensors with mini cats could very well work for you...otherwise, just run a set of 200 cel cats and don't look back or have to mess with any more tuning.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
200 cell cats and you'll never have a problem, tune or no tune...I ran cat-less with GIAC and always had a CEL on my 991.1 and that sucked. Hate lights. the fabspeed 02 sensors with mini cats could very well work for you...otherwise, just run a set of 200 cel cats and don't look back or have to mess with any more tuning.
Yes, sechsgang is correct. We sell a 200 cell sport cat that is 93-95% free flowing, giving increased performance, increased exhaust note, and GUARANTEES no check engine light. Take a peek at the product and feel to reach out for forum pricing!

Old 09-29-2018, 05:15 PM
C4SxM5
User

Iím running Kline Catless with the smallest spacers Sam provides and randomly get a cel light. Usually only happens when I donít drive the car for a few weeks. Do you daily drive it and still get the cel?
Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 PM
TeesTurboS
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm running Kline Catless with Kline headers and I use the Vibrant spacers with the smallest diameter plug installed and I rarely get CEL. It has happened in the past, but not since I installed the headers. When it has happened, clearing the code usually works for several months. Make sure the smallest diameter (hole) plug is installed in the spacers.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:12 PM
aft86
User

Originally Posted by C4SxM5 View Post
Iím running Kline Catless with the smallest spacers Sam provides and randomly get a cel light. Usually only happens when I donít drive the car for a few weeks. Do you daily drive it and still get the cel?
Originally Posted by TeesTurboS View Post
I'm running Kline Catless with Kline headers and I use the Vibrant spacers with the smallest diameter plug installed and I rarely get CEL. It has happened in the past, but not since I installed the headers. When it has happened, clearing the code usually works for several months. Make sure the smallest diameter (hole) plug is installed in the spacers.
Yes, I have the vibrant spacers with the smallest inserts and still get the CEL.

TeesTurboS what headers do you have?

Old 10-01-2018, 11:17 PM
TeesTurboS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aft86 View Post
TeesTurboS what headers do you have?
I have the Kline Inconel headers.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:50 PM
kouzman
User

...aaaaaaand i passed inspection today!

[email protected] FTW!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: