Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Gt3 better then a TTS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:11 PM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like I will be trading my 2018 911 TTS for a Gt3. I have secured an allocation and they are taking the TTS now. I will let everyone know the answer (for me) to this question in a few months. Than you for all the responses.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Looking forward to your review then. I did my choice and got a TTS. Touring MT GT3 is still very tempting though..
Old 09-26-2018, 07:46 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgemaser
Looks like I will be trading my 2018 911 TTS for a Gt3. I have secured an allocation and they are taking the TTS now. I will let everyone know the answer (for me) to this question in a few months. Than you for all the responses.

I was in the same boat this time last year... only 4 months into my new TTS, which I'd custom built from an allocation the previous fall, I was offered a GT3 Allocation.
Long story short... I traded my '17 TTS last Sept for the allocation and built a Touring.
Now I'm 5 months in on my Touring and it's like a breath of fresh air.
You will not be disappointed.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I was in the same boat this time last year... only 4 months into my new TTS, which I'd custom built from an allocation the previous fall, I was offered a GT3 Allocation.
Long story short... I traded my '17 TTS last Sept for the allocation and built a Touring.

Thank you for your input. That is beautiful. I love the look of the wingless gt3 touring but I am afraid the manual with get old for me too quick. I have ordered the PDK in chalk with ceramics as well. It should be at the dealership in February. I can’t wait!
Old 09-26-2018, 09:42 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

There is no better one than the other, LOL.....it depends what you are using the car for...

It has been stated that the TTS is a more versatile car for everyday use in many reviews...the everyday supercar that also can be tracked.

The GT 3 cars are track cars that can be used on the street. They are more raw in feel and ride.

Lots depends on the driver too.

I tried a 2018 GT3 for daily use and it was not for me as far as the ride, sound, luxury, etc...

I went the other way and traded it on a 991.2 TTS because it meets my needs of daily use...if I want to track it as I can with any Porsche I can....with the TTS in the right hands it can spank a GT3 and GT3 RS time wise as proven by professionals on the track, not us amateurs....so if that is what everyone is looking for here as an answer - use that....but it would be wrong.....user needs is the key to any Porsche....even the tractors that are better than a TTS at plowing cornfields....
Old 09-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

I'd like to know how people are so lucky as to be "offered" allocations? I have bought cars from my dealership before and they told me $20k over for a GT3 and $35k over for a GT3RS. That was 1 yr ago for the gt3 and 5 months ago for the RS. It was the same with every dealer within 100 miles. I chose to go the TTS route rather than pay ADM. Plus my wife loved the chalk inside and out.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:33 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
There is no better one than the other ...

....even the tractors that are better than a TTS at plowing cornfields....
Nothing’s impossible...

Old 09-26-2018, 10:36 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Good one! Want to see it in the cornfield next)
Old 09-26-2018, 10:44 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgemaser
Why do all the reviewers rave about the gt3 and they are not as kind to the tts? Calling it boring? Why is the gt3 so much better?
I've owned both. I find the GT3 more engaging and exhilerating in pretty much every way. And it's not close. If you need comfort or back seats, TTS works fine. Outside of that, GT3 all day every day. A little drive time in the GT3 and you'll be hooked - it's addictive. Good luck!
Old 09-26-2018, 10:49 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

I'll read some more reviews.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:45 AM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
I'll read some more reviews.
just remember the GT3 will be slower in almost all facet's of daily driving.
The following users liked this post:
TurboS_GG (11-04-2019)
Old 09-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Car looks great. Are you loving it so far? What would you say are the biggest pluses vs the TTS?
I still have the EP and still liking it too.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:20 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

On the track or street? Or both?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:23 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

I have been chasing a GT3 and am probably in the process of changing my mind and going TT / TTs. For my use - rare track use - i'd like to use the TT almost daily. I would still do spirited drives, canyons etc. i think the GT3 would be better suited to hard core canyon driving, track use etc. But apart from that, i'm doubting that i will enjoy the Gt3 that much in regular use. It will be rougher, harder, less comfortable etc. Plus it will only be fun when screaming above 5000 RPM. The TT is certainly no slouch when it comes to being sporty. Lets say 95% of the fun. But with torque, gobs of power and more comfort for daily driving, i'm starting to think its what would fit me better. Maybe i'm getting softer in my old age, but i have a hard core car (see signature) - with uncomfortable seats, super loud, lousy sound - but massive fun for hard core driving, amazing V10 sound track. But as far from a DD as you can get.. I dont really have space for a TT and a GT3 and i dont want both right now as i can barely drive enough as it is (kids etc.). I dont think there's a bad answer here but some have gone GT3 to TT and others the other way around and prefer the Gt3. The answer to the question - is whats better for YOU
Old 10-03-2018, 12:55 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Exactly right RODSKY, no correct answer whether one is better than the other....a good analysis. It seems people like the short term 2-3 year non-depreciation factor of the GT3, which is historical versus the TT/TTS depreciation curve.

I had to make a similar decision, but made a purchase first, knowing I would be financially insulated and did not lose any $ after having the 18 GT3....as you seem to know, the TT/TTS is no slouch on the track or autocross in sport or sport plus mode......

AND you have 2 back seats for the kids for short trips...

If you can find a nice super clean 2017 and up CPO on Porsche.com.....that helps with the cost...

Quick Reply: Gt3 better then a TTS?