Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Change Power Steering Fluid - any DIYs on this? Made a big mistake....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 07:02 PM
bommerts
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Change Power Steering Fluid - any DIYs on this? Made a big mistake....

I just made a big boo-boo. Yes I'm an idiot. I changed the oil on my new-to-me TTS, and instead of pouring the oil into the oil resevoir....you guessed it, I was in a hurry and started pouring it into where the green cap was - the power steering reservoir. I probably got 1/2 quart in there before I realized. So, to be safe, I'd like to change my power steering fluid.

Has anyone done a video or a write up on how to change the power steering fluid in a 991.1 TTS?

Thanks!

Here's where I put the 1/2 quart of oil:

Doh
Old 08-31-2018, 10:08 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

If it makes you feel any better, it happens. I goofed once and connected a pressure bleeder to PDCC tank instead of brake fluid tank on my Cayenne. Had to suck the brake fluid out with a syringe to avoid pumping it through the PDCC system because brake fluid would have eaten seals. Can't help with the steering fluid replacement DIY though.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:33 AM
bommerts
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks - that helps. I had never started the engine with the 1/2 quart of oil in there so I knew it would probably be alright. So I ran and picked up a siphon pump and some CHF 11S. 10 minutes later I was back in business.

Not sure what's more embarrassing.....accidentally pouring oil in the power steering reservoir or the dirty engine bay photo. I took care of one, gonna fix the other today.

Quick Reply: Change Power Steering Fluid - any DIYs on this? Made a big mistake....