Sponsored by: Road Spy

AIM Performance/ES Motor Built 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:55 AM
8SecDD
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 87 Posts
Default AIM Performance/ES Motor Built 991

The cat is out of the bag. After being frustrated with my meth gauge failing at the last event and relying on lots of meth for fueling, I asked the boys at AIM Performance to solve that issue.

So 90 days ago I gave them the OK to proceed, and to go ahead and build the motor, too. ES1000 package here we come. 11 days ago the car wasn't even running. Now it's doing the 60-130 mph in 3.6 secs and trapping 196mph in the 1/2 mile at Shift S3ctor at a shake-out, low-to-moderate-boost test outing.

Major props to Ryan Kube and Joe Santos from AIM Performance and Emre Levent of ES Motor. Still can't believe what you've done in 90 days, let alone the last 11.

Also congratulations to Ryan Kube for setting the new World Six-speed Porsche Record with a 203mph pass. Simply awesome.

Lastly, congratulations to TopSpeed who set the 991 World Record 1/2 mile today at 201+.

-Dave

Old 08-20-2018, 09:09 AM
J5isalive2
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

What are your goals for this car? Are you aiming for 200+ in the 1/2? What do you think its going to take to get your last 4mph to crack 200?

Any idea what kind of boost pressure you were running on your 196 run?

I saw an instagram post by TopSpeed, pretty impressive they were able to go 200+.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Car looked great guys! 196 in that heat / conditions is no joke. Great job and looking forward to hanging out in NOLA!
Old 08-20-2018, 09:40 PM
8SecDD
Racer

Originally Posted by J5isalive2
What are your goals for this car? Are you aiming for 200+ in the 1/2? What do you think its going to take to get your last 4mph to crack 200?

Any idea what kind of boost pressure you were running on your 196 run?

I saw an instagram post by TopSpeed, pretty impressive they were able to go 200+.
Yes, goal is 200mph in the 1/2. Emre and the boys at AIM tell me that there is still some room to turn it up. This was right out of the box and first time running the car since motor was built. So started with low boost and carefully turned it up. I'll leave particulars beyond that to Emre and AIM.

Yes, TopSpeed has done a great job with their car and they set the World Record!
Old 08-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Thats very impressive.. I assume you are running a 4.0 and Syvecs.. How comfortable are you with long term reliability, I somewhat always worry about aftermarket ECUs and sensor protection in a changing weather/pressure/fuel environment. The reason you get all this power is because you are pushing the envelop on the AFRs, timing and boost using larger non-VTG turbos and additional injection, which the Porsche ECU wouldn't allow you to do except if you use one of few people in Germany who can do it.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:14 PM
8SecDD
Racer

Originally Posted by Jean
Thats very impressive.. I assume you are running a 4.0 and Syvecs.. How comfortable are you with long term reliability, I somewhat always worry about aftermarket ECUs and sensor protection in a changing weather/pressure/fuel environment. The reason you get all this power is because you are pushing the envelop on the AFRs, timing and boost using larger non-VTG turbos and additional injection, which the Porsche ECU wouldn't allow you to do except if you use one of few people in Germany who can do it.
Thank you. Yes, 4.0 and Syvecs. I am realistic, and I do not have expectations of long-term reliability. Definitely a trade-off, but I know that going in.
You've got a very nice stable of cars there!

Old 08-23-2018, 04:42 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by 9SECDD
Thank you. Yes, 4.0 and Syvecs. I am realistic, and I do not have expectations of long-term reliability. Definitely a trade-off, but I know that going in.
You've got a very nice stable of cars there!
Great way to look at it, enjoy the wild ride I would probably do the same if I was into straight-line runs.

And thanks

Quick Reply: AIM Performance/ES Motor Built 991