Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 TTS to 4gts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 01:11 AM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 991.2 TTS to 4gts?

I am thinking about trading my 2018 TTS for a 4gts. I love the torque of the TTS but dislike the vacuum sound of the turbos and haven’t been satisfied with my aftermarket exhaust so maybe the gts will give me better sound and no vacuum. Will I miss the torque? Has anyone went from a turbo to a gts? Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2018, 05:02 AM
robwe46m3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What exhaust did you have? Did you have full system? Have you heard FULL Akrapovic? Why would you downgrade?
Old 08-18-2018, 10:31 AM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Maybe a different brand car? McLaren Ferrari Lambo all sound much better.

Ive heard most all exhausts on the 3.8 DI platform and none are that great. I dont have it but seems like the most exotic sound for the 991 Turbo is to pair up headers like ES Motors with a custom made catless exhaust.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:14 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgemaser
I am thinking about trading my 2018 TTS for a 4gts. I love the torque of the TTS but dislike the vacuum sound of the turbos ...
Then you’ll need to find a 991.1 GTS.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:41 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Ask @Vic55

He made this move thought not intentionally. He just got bored of the TTS, and then ended up buying a 4GTS later. He sees happy with it, although his one is tuned.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:07 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

A full Kline inconel exhaust system would probably give you the sound you want. It’s not cheap, but would probably cost you less than the loss you will take by selling or trading your turbo.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:20 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Just don't want to see you drop the flagship for the wrong reasons. If it helps, based on our conversations I will guarantee you fall in love with the car again or 100% refund! GT3-TTS!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 08-18-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:41 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Exhaust

FWIW. Mine with 21k, fair amount of track time, has made the exhaust significantly louder.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Tfk
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am thinking about trading my 2018 TTS for a 4gts. I love the torque of the TTS but dislike the vacuum sound of the turbos and haven’t been satisfied with my aftermarket exhaust so maybe the gts will give me better sound and no vacuum. Will I miss the torque? Has anyone went from a turbo to a gts? Thoughts?
I don't know about going from a tts to a gts. I do know how you can make your tts sound like a gts.
Kline 3" race exhaust + equal length headers.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:24 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Will Fabspeed take their exhaust back in good will since customer not satisfied with it? Allow customer to go back to stock or try a different exhaust setup. It seems crazy that someone would sell a car because they don't like an aftermarket exhaust. I had an Eisenmann Race exhaust on my old F10 M5 and hated it. I felt like the drone was going to rattle the fillings out of my teeth. I had it removed and installed an Akrapovich EVO system which was fantastic.

I would rec the OP remove the Fabspeed and try a different setup before changing cars. Exhausts are very personal. It is hard to predict what you will like/dislike until you hear it in person.

Matt
Old 08-19-2018, 12:15 AM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mwlmd
Will Fabspeed take their exhaust back in good will since customer not satisfied with it? Allow customer to go back to stock or try a different exhaust setup. It seems crazy that someone would sell a car because they don't like an aftermarket exhaust. I had an Eisenmann Race exhaust on my old F10 M5 and hated it. I felt like the drone was going to rattle the fillings out of my teeth. I had it removed and installed an Akrapovich EVO system which was fantastic.

I would rec the OP remove the Fabspeed and try a different setup before changing cars. Exhausts are very personal. It is hard to predict what you will like/dislike until you hear it in person.

Matt

It is not all about the exhaust. Firstly, I love the classic look of the nonturbo 911. Secondly,have some quality issues, one with a rear seat that rattles, that the dealer hasn’t been able to fix. Also, my window trim did not match up evenly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they scratched it up. They are going to get new trim and fix it but apparently the back side window has to be replaced when they do this ( not sure if this will cause other issues). And the shade covering the glass sunroof doesn’t close evenly but I am afraid to have them fix this for fear it will make it worse. So it’s a combination of a few minor quality issues that frustrate me about the car. I have had multiple Porsches and currently have a Panamera TTS and a Macan without any quality issues. I have had Ferraris, Aston Martins and Maseratis but I keep coming back to the Porsches and enjoy the 911 but maybe my car was built on a Friday?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:38 AM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

It is not all about the exhaust. Firstly, I love the classic look of the nonturbo 911. Secondly,have some quality issues, one with a rear seat that rattles, that the dealer hasn’t been able to fix. Also, my window trim did not match up evenly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they scratched it up. They are going to get new trim and fix it but apparently the back side window has to be replaced when they do this ( not sure if this will cause other issues). And the shade covering the glass sunroof doesn’t close evenly but I am afraid to have them fix this for fear it will make it worse. So it’s a combination of a few minor quality issues that frustrate me about the car. I have had multiple Porsches and currently have a Panamera TTS and a Macan without any quality issues. I have had Ferraris, Aston Martins and Maseratis but I keep coming back to the Porsches and enjoy the 911 but maybe my car was built on a Friday?
That makes much more sense! Good luck with the change.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:26 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Here's an awesome one I love with two of my guys racing 991.2's both on Kline full system. Tell me that's not the closest to a GT3...Or a pair running 9 seconds and a cab running 10.0 same day
There are tons on our YouTube page.

I am sorry about all the issues George. Hopefully you find the solution that serve's you best mate.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:48 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

The 991.1 GTS...yes I could see that, it sounds amazing and is one of my favorite cars Porsche has actually ever put out to really drive all the time. The 991.2...no way, it sounds WORSE than the 3.8tt in the turbo S by a long shot to me, more hollow almost. I sold mine in 2 months. Currently waiting for my 19 TTS cab as we speak as well. Love Kline, love Soul, Fabspeed and AWE products for the TTS as well, plenty of choice and makes the car sound like an old school turbo racer IMHO.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:52 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

That Kline exhaust is sick.

Quick Reply: 991.2 TTS to 4gts?