Sponsored by: Road Spy

Trading in my '14 TTS for a Ford Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 10:35 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Sorry for all the posts, doing some catch up. That's the only thing i'm cringing. Tiny Honolulu compact stalls and parking garages. Lots of people here with huge lifted F250/F350 coal rollers, i have no clue how they get around... Fortunately i have two small day drivers, the Audi A4 and 991 Turbo S.
The parking challenges were the straw that broke the camel's back for me, BUT, i was trying to make the Raptor my DD. If it was a 3rd car, only used for weekend outdoor stuff, snowboarding trips or runs to home depot, like the way it seems many do here, I'd still have it.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:42 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

I had a Raptor go by me yesterday WFO (old motorcycle term). In other words, in anger (floored). Didn't sound like any pickup I've ever heard. Now I want one....
Old 11-15-2018, 06:11 PM
ZA206
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is because of this thread that I just bought an ingot silver 2018 Raptor to match my GT Silver 2017 991.2 TT cab!
You guys are nothing but a bunch of enablers! Ha!

ZA

Old 11-23-2018, 10:26 AM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

@amiNY
I have a full size RR so it may be different, but on the **** you use to move the steering wheel you turn it (either clockwise or counter) and it will move on exit. It doesn't activate until you open the door, so kind of annoying because that's when you want to hop out but wait a second and it's all good. Also my car does have some sort of turning headlights but it is very minimal so perhaps your car does but just not as pronounced as the porsche system. I went from macan s to full size at the beginning of the year because of second kid and love it. Great driving position, comfortable, and quiet. There are small electronic gremlins. Like sometimes the nav screen takes like 10 seconds to go from black and turn on, but everything functions fine. No big deal. Not like when I had a series 2 disco and it had mechanical problems always (although that was one of my favorite cars). Enjoy the sport !

Quick Reply: Trading in my '14 TTS for a Ford Raptor