C4SxM5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my must haves was the aero kit.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Active cruise is a stand-alone option so, fortunately for you, not every car will have it. An S is itself a package. If you don’t want CL and PCCBs, a TT might be more cost-effective. S cars with PCCBs but with 5 bolt wheels instead of CL are hard to find. But if you do want both, the S has just about everything you would want, as others noted. Porsche priced the S so that if you optioned a TT comparably, the S would be at or slightly below the resulting new car sticker, but has the bonus of extra HP. I agree a .1S is probably the best deal at the moment on a used turbo if you want CL and PCCBs.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:44 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

[QUOTE=C4SxM5;15181941]

One of my must haves was the aero kit.
Well if you get the aero kit you will need the front end lift.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:12 AM
Odonnks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having AMG's and other vehicles with the full glass or a regular sunroof I rarely used them. With vehicles, the glass roof adds weight. There are other threads discussing this. Knowing I'd rarely if ever use it I opted to not get the glass roof.
I was back and forth between the different steering wheels and am glad I found a S with the multi function wheel.
Heated and cooled seats are very nice and recommended.
You wouldn't think much about Entry and Drive till you have it. Its very nice.
20-in wheels are listed as an option. Get them but I'd pass on the center lock rims. Get a flat with CL's likely means flat bedding to a dealer or home to get proper tooling to remove the rim. Who wants to carry all that tooling in the frunk? Not me.

Have fun looking, its a blast !
Old 08-06-2018, 12:12 AM
TustinJim
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a 991.2 and it f'ing awesome. The only thing I kinda wish is to have ordered the keyless entry. A small annoyance. But there is nothing lacking in performance and ability in any 991 Turbo S for the peeps that appreciate an excellent, vibrant, road king killer car, with any option they choose.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TustinJim
I have a 991.2 and it f'ing awesome. The only thing I kinda wish is to have ordered the keyless entry. A small annoyance. But there is nothing lacking in performance and ability in any 991 Turbo S for the peeps that appreciate an excellent, vibrant, road king killer car, with any option they choose.
You're really better off without keyless entry IMHO. I don't have it, either and I don't really miss it, as the convenience is offset by the anxiety! https://www.wired.com/2017/04/just-p...can-steal-car/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for Turbo S guidance