Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:19 PM
pepinozaur
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts
Default OEM Exhaust hp limits

Any ideas?
thx

Last edited by pepinozaur; 07-29-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:57 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Hey Pep. The stock muffler is actually pretty good as far as floe. The cats are your restriction, on VTG due to build up of heat and back-pressure more so than non. Power limit is tricky because you can push the car pretty hard but it will just make big corrections (or at least want to) and pull back. Still these cars are pretty great so you can go to about 600 to the wheels and almost 700 crank hp on the stock catted exhaust. Add sport cats and it gets better. Decat, even on the stock muffler and you can make great power! Up to 750+ crank hp. That being said the better temps and pressure drops are coming into the motor the better they will be coming out. There are lots of great solutions out there depending on your budget and like you mentioned sound level desired. I would be glad to share some information and help you out with making the best decision with full support if you like Feel free to reach out anytime!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 07-23-2018, 04:43 AM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You should seriously consider Sam's 70mm Kline setup. I had it on my 997 Turbo (with 200 cell cats) and actually upon first startup i was sorta disappointed because i was expecting louder, but i grew to love it. It sounds like OEM+, how it should sound from the factory. Just slightly louder with regular driving, but sounds awesome at WOT, absolutely no drone. Since you like the factory sound, i am pretty certain you will like the 70mm Kline setup.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 AM
tallers
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I purchased a SS Kline system with 200 cel cats. I love the new sound. Quiet when you want it and a little crazy when the revs are up.

Quick Reply: OEM Exhaust hp limits