Sponsored by: Road Spy

Potential new 911 turbo owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 12:32 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Potential new 911 turbo owner

hi guys, This is my first official post, but I’ve been viewing the site for quite a while. I sold my Z06 several months ago and have been shopping for my next sports car. Right now I’m heavily leaning towards a 14/15 911 turbo S. It looks like I can get a CPO car with 20-30k for about 130-140k, or half the miles but no CPO. Would you guys recommend one or the other or does it matter? From what I’ve read they seem pretty reliable. Also I noticed suncoast sells Tubi exhaust, will that void any warranty? Does Porsche allow any performance mods that don’t void warranty? I really appreciate the response and advice.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I have a '14 Turbo S. I have had 4 previous TT Pcars. This is by far the best car I have ever owned, beautiful to drive and quick as lightening. Get the lowest mileage car you can find. These cars are not over driven as they are not usually the daily driver. Also get a CPO car. The additional warranty and the fact that they have to go through the car is a plus. Cars are strong and not prone to breaking down but a little insurance is always good.

As far as Porsche allowing any performance mods thats another question. Exhaust and some others are not an issue but ECU tune another issue. I have the Cobb tune with PDK upgrade on my TTS and love it. Car is even quicker with quick smooth shifting and the tune does not feel intrusive at all. Can still drive the car composed with no issue. My dealer is somewhat tune friendly but I always uninstall the tune before any service. I am still under CPO. Well worth looking at Cobb and Kline or Europipe for exhausts. Sam @ ByDesign is on this site as a vendor and participator and is the best to work with on the TTS.

Last edited by Penn4S; 06-25-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:02 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I have a '14 Turbo S. I have had 4 previous TT Pcars. This is by far the best car I have ever owned, beautiful to drive and quick as lightening. Get the lowest mileage car you can find. These cars are not over driven as they are not usually the daily driver. Also get a CPO car. The additional warranty and the fact that they have to go through the car is a plus. Cars are strong and not prone to breaking down but a little insurance is always good.

As far as Porsche allowing any performance mods thats another question. Exhaust and some others are not an issue but ECU tune another issue. I have the Cobb tune with PDK upgrade on my TTS and love it. Car is even quicker with quick smooth shifting and the tune does not feel intrusive at all. Can still drive the car composed with no issue. My dealer is somewhat tune friendly but I always uninstall the tune before any service. I am still under CPO. Well worth looking at Cobb and Kline or Europipe for exhausts. Sam @ ByDesign is on this site as a vendor and participator and is the best to work with on the TTS.
thank you for the great response. Everything I read and watch on this car is very positive. I’m leaning towards a CPO car with 15-20k miles, that seems like a sweet spot for pricing. Did the Cobb seem to add a noticeable amount of power? I figured most dealers will be ok with exhaust but not tune. I obviously would do what you do with the tune!! I extremely excited about the AWD acceleration, sounds exhilarating.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:00 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

Hello, have had Corvette's since 85', and have a 17' Z06. As said get the newest year you can afford. I started by ordering a 18' tts, when I found a "used" 17' with 2,002 miles on it, two years extra unlimited mile warranty, and 60k less in price, and bought it 1500 miles from home without ever seeing it, of course I had friends in the area that did check it out, and they can deliver to your driveway as part of the deal. Most dealers are fine with bolt-ons, mufflers, headers, but you may want to check with your dealership first so there are no surprises. Yes COBB adds big power, and of course by adding exhaust, headers and so on it just keeps getting better. Just remember the name SAM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by TtimeS

thank you for the great response. Everything I read and watch on this car is very positive. I’m leaning towards a CPO car with 15-20k miles, that seems like a sweet spot for pricing. Did the Cobb seem to add a noticeable amount of power? I figured most dealers will be ok with exhaust but not tune. I obviously would do what you do with the tune!! I extremely excited about the AWD acceleration, sounds exhilarating.
The Cobb is a great tune. You get the handheld AP so you can install and uninstall. The car is already a monster but the tune makes it really quick but what I like is I loaded the Sport level tune and the car is still very behaved where I can drive nice and easy with the wife in the car and rip it if i want when I'm solo. The PDK Update is a nice add on. Any driving in auto is better with the Update and in manual the shifts are quick and smooth , similar to the GT3 type shifting. These are amazing cars, I had 4 previous generation TT's but the TTS is just that much special. PCCB's are great, I don't track but stopping is unbelievable and the plus of no brake dust is nice. It's hard to go to any other car you can drive everyday with this much *****.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

I agree with the comments above. These are wonderful cars.

I bought a CPO 2014 TTS in late 2016 with about 17K miles on the odometer. I paid almost 75K below the MSRP. It was a great decision, and I'd do it again.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:08 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hcvone
Hello, have had Corvette's since 85', and have a 17' Z06. As said get the newest year you can afford. I started by ordering a 18' tts, when I found a "used" 17' with 2,002 miles on it, two years extra unlimited mile warranty, and 60k less in price, and bought it 1500 miles from home without ever seeing it, of course I had friends in the area that did check it out, and they can deliver to your driveway as part of the deal. Most dealers are fine with bolt-ons, mufflers, headers, but you may want to check with your dealership first so there are no surprises. Yes COBB adds big power, and of course by adding exhaust, headers and so on it just keeps getting better. Just remember the name SAM.
great, thank you for the advice. How would you compare to the Z06? Well I miss anything from the Z?
Old 06-25-2018, 07:11 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I agree with the comments above. These are wonderful cars.

I bought a CPO 2014 TTS in late 2016 with about 17K miles on the odometer. I paid almost 75K below the MSRP. It was a great decision, and I'd do it again.
wow 75k below that sounds like a great deal. I have my eye on several, I’m definitely going to be buying out of state. There’s rarely anything available in my area (Seattle), and when there is its overpriced.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:30 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

I have a question for you guys, if I find a great deal on a non CPO car can I add the warranty or does it have to be purchased with the car when new? thanks
Old 06-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

It depends.

If you find find a car for sale at a Porsche dealership, they can add a CPO warranty, provided the car passes their inspection criteria. Obviously the price goes up, but it’s a great warranty.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:53 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
It depends.

If you find find a car for sale at a Porsche dealership, they can add a CPO warranty, provided the car passes their inspection criteria. Obviously the price goes up, but it’s a great warranty.
ok great thank you for the info. Ya obviously the price is more, but from everything I’ve seen on here it’s a pretty valuable warranty. I’m going to make an effort to find one with a CPO warranty existing.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:29 AM
znammz911TTS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS if you are interest

Hey,

I don't know if you are interested but I'm looking to sell my 14 Turbo S for 128K:

- Sapphire blue with tan/cognac interior in excellent condition IMO.
- 18K miles; out of warrant as of April this year and never have any issue.
- ByDesign Stage 2 with Kline 200-cell inconel exhaust. I also have the PDK tune on my AP3 but it is not installed.
- Full front clear bra, no accident whatsoever.

The car is currently in Anaheim, CA right now. My wife is driving it on the weekend only. I'm in Korea on assignment right now so I'm not driving it at all. It is still on it first set of tires, so all you would have to do it put in brand new tires and your good to go. LMK. KBB priced it 120-128K private party. I'm willing to let go for 128K with those mods as I think the car itself is in 97% condition. Reason for selling it I'm looking into getting the new R8 or 570S.

Last edited by znammz911TTS; 06-26-2018 at 07:31 AM. Reason: adding more Pic
Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Jaskfri
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I have heard of people who find private cars and then have their Porsche dealer buy it and CPO it(for a few thousand dollars) to sell to them. Talk to your local dealer to see if they will do that.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:37 AM
znammz911TTS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not looking to sell it to stealer. They want to take it in for 108-110K, spend 3k certifying it, and then sell it for 135-140k lol, lucrative business model. If I don't get the price I want, I'm keeping the car and maybe get the R8 a little later.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Cay911
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Low and CPO, that's the way to go. I bought a 2016 TT Cab last August with 1,900 miles with 3+ years of original warranty left on it from a non Porsche dealer. My local Porsche dealer bought it for me and I paid/added a CPO. Now it's covered until 8/22 or 100,000 miles. You will benefit from Todays CPO which has no mileage constraints.

In the last 10 months I have put over 14,000 miles on the car including few 1,600 mile trips. Car is solid, never even a hiccup. So far my expenses besides gas have been tires and an oil change. Not counting the full PPF I installed when purchased because I knew that I would be DRIVING the car.

Last edited by Cay911; 06-26-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: addition

Quick Reply: Potential new 911 turbo owner