Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Spoilers no longer coming on automatically????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:02 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I don't even think my car even tries to deploy at speed.
Everything, including the bladder looks perfect underneath and stays well pumped up.

What was the fix on that? Money wise?

Just weird that the button will deploy them perfectly, but the Sport Plus dial position and the 75 mph speed won't.

Has to be some sort of a sensor I'd think. Dang sure hope it's not too expensive.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post15125523
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (04-20-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 12:15 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I got my car checked today by an Indy with a PIWIS.
Long story short, it must be the control module for the Spoiler system or something related to the speed sensor.

I pulled the battery + cable to reset on the way over. Everything worked PERFECTLY deploying them manually in EVERY mode!
Sport Plus deployed them as it should and manually did so too. Static AND at Speed ( up to 75-77 mph) WITHOUT ANY issue.

SOON as I hit 78 mph, the code pops up!!! When in Sport Plus with everything deployed, at Soon as it hit 78 mph, the "SPOILER FAILURE - REDUCE SPEED" Warning pops up and the rear spoiler Retracts immediately

I took 25 mins of video as the tech went through All of my codes and things logged. It's hard to believe what all these cars store. I also have something going on inside my drivers door, according to the PIWIS.
He said the micro sensors and such inside the door / door handle do this type of thing. Could just be a dirty connection or something. They've had to chase them before to clean and reconnect.
Funny thing is, NOTHING is acting up on my door. That I know of anyway.

They are going to try to find me a used control module and try to save me some money. More to come after they investigate the codes with some of their resources and if they can find another Control Module.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:39 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
They are going to try to find me a used control module and try to save me some money. More to come after they investigate the codes with some of their resources and if they can find another Control Module.
I'll keep everyone posted.
The pressure sender in the control module has a part number. One might think that the sender could be replaced. One might think that Porsche A.G. wants the whole module R&R’d for margin and warranty exposure.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (04-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Spoilers no longer coming on automatically????