Porsche 991.2 TT/TTS Cobb Tuning Accessport Details and Information Inside - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 991 Turbo
Reload this Page >

Porsche 991.2 TT/TTS Cobb Tuning Accessport Details and Information Inside

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Porsche 991.2 TT/TTS Cobb Tuning Accessport Details and Information Inside

Old 06-07-2018, 11:40 PM
rbrotmd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sam: I’m already on your list, but when will you and/or Cobb publish the detailed instructions (including photos) for removing the 991.2 ECU?
Old 06-08-2018, 12:19 AM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi
Shoot me an email and if you like I can send you some stuff of what I have. The official links will be available on the website a week after Tuesday which is one of the many many things the team is getting ready for a very thorough public release. It’s pretty straightforward though if you want me to help you ahead of time just send an email.

Since 1998 Your Trusted, Experienced and Proudly #1 Top Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation Exhausts - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS Performance - forge

Old 06-19-2018, 06:06 PM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

RELEASED!!!

Processing orders gents thank you!

Since 1998 Your Trusted, Experienced and Proudly #1 Top Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation Exhausts - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS Performance - forge

Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 PM
hcvone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
RELEASED!!!

Can I say something NOW????
Old 06-19-2018, 08:15 PM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Haha yeah bud you got it! Being one of our beta cars that sent the car to us here you are part of the development!

Old 06-19-2018, 10:57 PM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
RELEASED!!!

Don't forget about me! How do I order?
Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 PM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Email me! Ready to ship! Sorry I thought I got everybody on the list
Old 06-20-2018, 11:13 AM
hcvone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone on the fence this is an outstanding upgrade, make no mistake the TTS runs good stock and the PDK works very well when compared to other automatic type cars. I was looking for more, have some good shops in walking distance from my home, but after talking to dozens of owners I kept hearing one name 10 times more than any other, "SAM" , I was who the hell is Sam? Then I was told who he was and where he was, well 3000 miles away, not really walking distance, so I called and talked to Sam, many times, ok many, many times. I was told if my car would show up in Cali at a certain date my car "could be a beta test car" so they packed it up in a big truck and off it went, well it came back 3 weeks later, week out, week back and week in Cali, while it looks like the same car, NOTHING with how it performs and drives is the same, you push the stupid pedal past half way, and like lightning the car explodes forward with shifts now so fast and firm, if you didn't have a tach you would swear it's a single speed transmission. I have had corvette's since the 80's and always modify them, have a new Z06 and ZR1 being built next month, have an 850 plus hp hellcat that will fry the tires at any speed, all these cars are suddenly not as much fun to drive compared to the tts after it was "SAMMED"
THE ONLY DOWNSIDE, you may never want to get out of your car
Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 PM
medici78
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
Anyone on the fence this is an outstanding upgrade, make no mistake the TTS runs good stock and the PDK works very well when compared to other automatic type cars. I was looking for more, have some good shops in walking distance from my home, but after talking to dozens of owners I kept hearing one name 10 times more than any other, "SAM" , I was who the hell is Sam? Then I was told who he was and where he was, well 3000 miles away, not really walking distance, so I called and talked to Sam, many times, ok many, many times. I was told if my car would show up in Cali at a certain date my car "could be a beta test car" so they packed it up in a big truck and off it went, well it came back 3 weeks later, week out, week back and week in Cali, while it looks like the same car, NOTHING with how it performs and drives is the same, you push the stupid pedal past half way, and like lightning the car explodes forward with shifts now so fast and firm, if you didn't have a tach you would swear it's a single speed transmission. I have had corvette's since the 80's and always modify them, have a new Z06 and ZR1 being built next month, have an 850 plus hp hellcat that will fry the tires at any speed, all these cars are suddenly not as much fun to drive compared to the tts after it was "SAMMED"
THE ONLY DOWNSIDE, you may never want to get out of your car
What mods do you have?
Old 06-20-2018, 04:50 PM
hcvone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by medici78 View Post
What mods do you have?
Kline headers, Kline exhaust, By Design Intercoolers, IPD intake plenum and Y pipe, BMC filter, COBB, dyno tuned
Old 06-20-2018, 05:50 PM
rbrotmd
Addict
Rennlist Member

To all the 991.2 Turbo enthusiasts who participate in this forum, I want to once again extol the wonderfulness of Sam, the man, and the guys at Cobb! I saw Sam's entry yesterday regarding the release of the AccessPort for the 991.2. I contacted him at 4:30pm (east coast time) and my ECU shipping materials were dropped off by UPS at my front door this morning at 10:00am. If that is not superior customer service, I don't know what is! In addition, head over to Cobb's website and check out their instructions on how to remove your ECU for overnighting; I've never seen such a clear instruction guide with beautiful pictures of every step!

We are truly blessed to have people like Sam and the Cobb guys to make our Turbo life easier, happier and speedier! Bravo!

Roger
Old 06-20-2018, 08:23 PM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just reviewed the ECU removal process, and I'm slightly dreading it now - all these nuts and bolts in hard to reach places. Not that hard with the right tools and experience but can turn into a real project for an average driver. Of course, it will be worth it.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:49 AM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It really will. It's actually not that bad and I will gladly be there to support you. If you need local help I can try to help arrange that as well. We have great contacts everywhere and many dealerships!

Old 06-21-2018, 11:04 AM
A418t81
Addict
Rennlist Member

One of my friends is a Porsche master mechanic. He says that pulling the back end off the 991 really isn't that bad at all.

Last edited by A418t81; 08-26-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:41 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well Done Sam! More happy customers.

I don't usually say much on the forum about vendors/tuners, but truly this is a guy who takes customer support to the next level. It is not about the tech-side, there are many competent and expert tuners out there, he is available almost 24h a day and so quick to respond. I have had him send files back and forth during a race event overnight with 10 hours time zone difference, even fedex items to me that he doesn't sell himself just to support. It's been over a year now, always available. Genuinely cares about enthusiasts enjoying their cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche 991.2 TT/TTS Cobb Tuning Accessport Details and Information Inside

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: