Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Do you use your Sport Response button?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 12:00 PM
slink
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you use your Sport Response button?

Do any of you use your Sport Response button much? Or ever?

I have tried it numerous times and I honestly can't feel anything that I wouldn't get by just hammering the pedal.

In auto mode, it drops you down a gear. In manual mode, it just seems to be about the same acceleration.

If you were to hit the button while at a dead stop and then punch it while the clock is counting down, would you get a little more power for a start?
Old 04-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Yahbudday. I use it. It's the fun button. Use it about 2 seconds before you put down the gas, and the car will be ready to jump. I use it at the drag strip too... get the car in action mode right before the light blinks.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I use it as I enter slow corners before long straights on track, such as at VIR's Oak Tree. I find 2-3 more mph at the end of the straight when I reach the brake zone. I hit it again as I enter Hog Pen turns before the front straight, and also see 2-3mph extra at the end of the straight. Otherwise, it's just for being a hooligan on the street, and I don't use it much any more.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:19 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Nah, I just put on sport plus mode on the occasions when I am in that kind of mood. I’m in sport mode almost all the time.

Mine is a near daily driven street car so I’m typically going to the grocery store or work.

Quick Reply: Do you use your Sport Response button?