Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

After 8 months of Waiting and One Smashed Car my Turbo Finally Arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 11:39 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
Common man I just drove a new car home through a Monsoon!

So I have 800KM on min after owing it for a day and a 1/2. I LOVE this thing.

I wish I had a bit more freedom in the back end. Drifting its proving to be a early challenge but I need to play with some of the settings.
Turn the traction control to sport. (Or off)
Old 04-02-2018, 08:25 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
Very nice. Are you planning on switching out the orange side markers?

they dont bother me that much!
Old 04-18-2018, 11:52 PM
triplekg
Racer

Ok a few weeks in and 1000 KM.

Honestly I was unsure of my purchase at first. I was thinking I could have had a Used 488, a New R8 V10 or a loaded AMG GT. Even a new ZR1 and had 50k left over.

But that's all nonsense now. I love this car. I just drove home 2 hours from a work event. It was horrible outside - sleet, rain, freezing rain, ... The car handled like a pick up truck.

it seems like the engine is warming up. The car gets faster and faster every day. The handling is insane. It's so comfortable. The Stereo is so Good, the exhaust is great.

Im making a few calls tomorrow to try to score a slot for a 2019 S though. There are a few options I really should have gotten and a few I really could have gone without.

A Few rants:

The Heated seats suck. They barely work. When on 0 and not in sport the exhaust rattles or ticks a tiny bit. Annoying. And oh not getting Porsche Entry and Drive was such a mistake. My POS base model jeep unlocks when I'm close to it.

Last edited by triplekg; 04-19-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

The Heated seats suck. They barely work.
That's strange. The heated seats in ours (both of them) get hot-enough that after 5 or-so minutes I have to turn them down.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:52 AM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My heated seats also work like a charm, as above after 5 minutes, or so, I have turn them down/off. Perhaps get the seats and the exhaust rattle looked at by your dealer. Both are not normal. Very glad you are enjoying the car. I agree on the other cars you mentioned, all are very nice and perhaps more attention getting than the 911 Turbos, but none, IMHO, perform as well, as a high perfromance road car on a day to day basis. If I could I would own one of each, but with only one choice it is a 911 Turbo-S Cab for me.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok a few weeks in and 1000 KM.

Honestly I was unsure of my purchase at first. I was thinking I could have had a Used 488, a New R8 V10 or a loaded AMG GT. Even a new ZR1 and had 50k left over.

But that's all nonsense now. I love this car. I just drove home 2 hours from a work event. It was horrible outside - sleet, rain, freezing rain, ... The car handled like a pick up truck.

it seems like the engine is warming up. The car gets faster and faster every day. The handling is insane. It's so comfortable. The Stereo is so Good, the exhaust is great.

Im making a few calls tomorrow to try to score a slot for a 2019 S though. There are a few options I really should have gotten and a few I really could have gone without.

A Few rants:

The Heated seats suck. They barely work. When on 0 and not in sport the exhaust rattles or ticks a tiny bit. Annoying. And oh not getting Porsche Entry and Drive was such a mistake. My POS base model jeep unlocks when I'm close to it.
I agree with other posts. Your heated seats must have an issue. Because when I tried mine, it got so warm I had to turn them off for a while to cool the seat of my pants. But don't get rid of the car so soon. You'll lose so much on the depreciation. Drive your car and do it well. And as you know from past years the first iteration always has a few bugs that they improve upon on the .2 version. But I'm glad you are enjoying your car. I love mine. I had it out this past week and it's a total monster when you press the performance button. I told one of my friends that it's a Porsche with a racing pedigree first and foremost, that at the flip of a switch becomes the every day car that you can take to the local store. Enjoy!!

Jay
Old 04-19-2018, 11:57 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by DJ23
I agree with other posts. Your heated seats must have an issue. Because when I tried mine, it got so warm I had to turn them off for a while to cool the seat of my pants. But don't get rid of the car so soon. You'll lose so much on the depreciation. Drive your car and do it well. And as you know from past years the first iteration always has a few bugs that they improve upon on the .2 version. But I'm glad you are enjoying your car. I love mine. I had it out this past week and it's a total monster when you press the performance button. I told one of my friends that it's a Porsche with a racing pedigree first and foremost, that at the flip of a switch becomes the every day car that you can take to the local store. Enjoy!!

Jay
Jay I love your car. The more I look the more I should have got Guards Red Over Carmine but I do like mine as well.

Im going to call 2 dealers tomorrow to Check on Turbo S Allocation. I'm all in on the Turbo. Im ready for an S also would love tweak a few options as well.

Quick Reply: After 8 months of Waiting and One Smashed Car my Turbo Finally Arrived!!!